33 replies to this topic

#26 muckmonster87

muckmonster87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

thanks for the names, i hope you find yours! do you remember what the series was called?

#27 Morton

Morton

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hello, I actually came across these toys on US ebay a few years ago when searching for Stink Blasters. It was the red one new on card. The american version of these are simply called 'Stinkers', and I was unable to find any background information on them when searching for them on google at the time. From what I remember the seller didn't list the make of the toy. And the year was 1980 something, I kick myself for not remembering exactly. But the toy line is definately called stinkers! :yes:

At the time I asked if the seller could ship to the UK but they couldn't. :( I'm also interested in these as well, I'll let you know if I find out more about them.

#28 SlushPuppie

SlushPuppie

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

I remember buying all of mine at KB Toys in one of the local malls. And yeah, attempting to Google: "Stinky 80s toys" doesn't really do much for you.

#29 muckmonster87

muckmonster87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

do you still have them by any chance?

I remember buying all of mine at KB Toys in one of the local malls. And yeah, attempting to Google: "Stinky 80s toys" doesn't really do much for you.

#30 chadlaneriley

chadlaneriley

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

The toys you are referring to were called Stinkies. They had several different ugly little rubber creatures, each had a putrid smell, unlike the others. Barnyard and Rotten Eggs, are usually the easiest remembered of the group. They were sold at Toys R Us originally, and later started popping up at other discount retailers. I would think that any that are still around, would have lost there nasty smell over the years, which is what made them so cool. Girls had strawberry shortcake toys, that smelled like delicious pies and desserts. We had toys that smelled like things that made normal people throw up, and we loved them. Gotta love the 80's.

These existed in early to mid 80's. After scouring the internet, no answers. I sketched the only two that I can remember. They had a funny smell and names like "rotten eggs". They were similar in size and style to Glow Ghosts, as they were hollow and soft. If anybody can identify these, it would be funny to see how accurate my sketches were... after my memory was distorted by 25 years. Thanks!

#31 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Not sure if this was mentioned / specified...

on the card art back the Stinkers/Stinkies are as follows:

Bad Breath - toy was purple but the card art has it as a brownish orange. My friend had this one.

Rotten Eggs - pink/flesh gargoyle

Dead Fish - yellow (i was afraid to get this!)

Sewer - blue elephant guy. I never got him, but wanted him. probably because he was blue and no other reason.

Outhouse - big red ogre guy. no desire for a men's room scent in my house. bad enough i grew up with two older brothers.

and finally... little Barnyard! - orange and he was the one i owned. found him recently and, alas, the smell is almost completely gone. there is a little scent ball inside.

#32 muckmonster87

muckmonster87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

would you want to sell or trade the one you have?

Not sure if this was mentioned / specified...

on the card art back the Stinkers/Stinkies are as follows:

Bad Breath - toy was purple but the card art has it as a brownish orange. My friend had this one.

Rotten Eggs - pink/flesh gargoyle

Dead Fish - yellow (i was afraid to get this!)

Sewer - blue elephant guy. I never got him, but wanted him. probably because he was blue and no other reason.

Outhouse - big red ogre guy. no desire for a men's room scent in my house. bad enough i grew up with two older brothers.

and finally... little Barnyard! - orange and he was the one i owned. found him recently and, alas, the smell is almost completely gone. there is a little scent ball inside.

#33 lordlee

lordlee

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

i had some of those as a kid, in the U.S that are called Stinkies

#34 lordlee

lordlee

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

some thing better then those is on ebay right now... to pricey for me but some one on here may not mind paying for it  http://www.ebay.com/...=item20ed7cb74e

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com