4 replies to this topic

#1 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

I remember I had this thing when I was younger that was like, a tank almost like a sea-monkey tank. With the tank came some kind of putty that when you put it in the tank and mixed in some ingredient, it would dissolve the putty. So the whole point was to use the putty to sculpt differnt monsters and then put them in the tank of "acid" and melt the flesh from their bones. Oh yeah, it came with monster bones that you would use as the base for your monster and you sculpted the putty around the bones.

Anyone remember something like this?

There was also a kit I remember, I think it was the same toyline, where you made eyeballs out of putty and flung them into a set of teeth that acted like a mousetrap, and chomped down on the eyeballs.

I forget what it was called but it was awesome.

#2 8bithorror

8bithorror

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hows it going Asator.

Now i could be wrong..but it hink the demonic toy you're talking about is the mad scientist monster lab...you made the liitle creatures out of clay you put on the bones, and dip the poor souls into a tank of acid, peeling their skin right off there bones, now if you're like me, this sounds like a hell of alot of fun....

Check this out and see if it sparks any memories.

http://www.i-mockery...cks/monsterlab/

take care.

8bit.

#3 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

Thats it! Ah man, I loved that thing. I wonder if you can find these things anywhere?

This thing just proves how awesome toys used to be. I mean, we get dissolving dino eggs, but where are the dinos with dissolving flesh?

I want to dissolve some flesh damm!t!

Edited by asator, 28 February 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#4 8bithorror

8bithorror

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

They arnt on eBay very often at all...but..there is one im watching now with about 21-20 hours left on it. at about 25 bucks, maybe a bit less. everything is included. possibly sealed, not sure. could be a great time to scoop it up, very rare find.

And yes...toys used to be so much better back than.

8bit.

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

Just to add something to this post...I have a customer that has contacted me about a month or so ago and I am working on some KICKIN' figures from a MAD SCIENTIST toy. If/when I have them complete...they will be some of the kewlest little-not-so-rubber-guys/monsters!!!

TGB

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com