• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Showcase #39: Tokiwa drugs Bandai Drowsy sleepover breakdown × Kinnikuman Fire destroy cumulative power campaign 3 Kinkeshi set

According to the English translation from the "Mandarake" website; this is the name of the set (hahaha). Or also known as "Nemuri Nemuri".

Limited to 1,000 and won as a lottery.

I have seen this set on yahoojapan being sold for insane prices (upwards of $200) and I never understood why this was so expensive.

I found out it was a premium/prize from a drug company in Japan. They released a set of 3 Kinkeshi with 2 sculpts already used in the Premium vol 1 sets (Kinnikuman & Terry Man) in yellow but they also added an exclusive sculpt not available anywhere else but here.

On my recent trip to Japan I visited the Akihabara Mandarake branch and saw it at that store for about 200 EUR; I always do weekly searches on yahoojapan and Mandarake (Mandarake has on average 1,200 results if you type Kinnikuman and yahoojapan about 10,000).

A little tip for collectors on the Mandarake website: click on an item you are interested in and often you will get results for other branches selling the same product.

This is what happened with this set!

I found it being sold from the Nagoya Mandarake branch and I got it for the equivalent of 50 EUR Shipped !(still kinda expensive but it beats the ridiculous $200 + price tag).

I have seen it now sold on yahoojapan for cheaper but its still priced really high (along with the Premium Vol 2 set which has risen in price in the last couple of months).

Mine is sealed and even came with the campaign/prize letter; if anyone can figure out what it says let me know (or knows more information on the set or what one needed to do to acquire it).

I am still undecided about opening it or not; usually am not the type of collector to keep things sealed.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   146.93K   7 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   94.98K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   81.97K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   88.91K   5 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   97.42K   5 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 30 September 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

(Update 12.21.2017) I decided to go ahead and open the box (that way I can display the Kinkeshi along with the other 2016/2017 releases):

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   109.93K   0 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

Some more pics...

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.jpg   164.65K   0 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 21 December 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Some more pics without the plastic wrapper...

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.jpg   99.41K   1 downloads

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

This Kinnikuman sculpt is also available in Flesh from the Premium Set Vol 1 pack (the Yellow sculpt is only available in this three pack):

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   75.44K   0 downloads

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

This Terry Man sculpt is also available in Flesh from the Premium Set Vol 1 pack (the Yellow sculpt is only available in this three pack):

Attached Files

• Attached File  5.jpg   63.05K   0 downloads

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

This "Nemuri Nemuri" mascot sculpt is only available in this three pack:

Attached Files

• Attached File  6.jpg   63.41K   1 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com