89 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://www.kickstart...ies-2?ref=users

Series 2 Kickstarter now up and running. Sadly, no $1000 exclusive color option this time around. :(

#2 Threat

Threat

T.H.R.E.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

The new figs look SWEET!

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'm in at $50 (1 set of each for me and my son).

I'm not to keen on the pumpkin or the baby figure, but the others are kewl. Puke Knight is the best out of the lot, I.M.O.

#4 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Why did they do away with the $1000 exclusive option ?
Is that not what helped series 1 get made ?

#5 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Why did they do away with the $1000 exclusive option ?
Is that not what helped series 1 get made ?

Dunno. Technically, if you factored out the $1000 options, they still hit their goal last time. I'm going to guess that they lost a little money on the $1000 runs, when you factor in all the costs.

Either way they are only asking for $12k this time around. I'm sure they'll hit the goal.

#6 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm guessing 200 sets for $1000 wasn't worth it for them in the long run. They offer an exclusive black at $15 per set. Now if you times that by 200 you get $3000. I guess they undervalued the exclusive color expense and went into the negative for doing so.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#7 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

pledged!

#8 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

That is still open for anyone that wants to do it, but we have to do it outside of the Kickstarter pledging. It is just too costly to do that one through kickstarter.
Have no fear there will definitely be exclusive colors for series 2, we already have confirmation on a couple.

This is George's comment on the exclusive question. There will still be some. I guess if they can hit the goal without the exclusives being tied to the Kickstarter, then they save on how much of a cut Kickstarter takes when it ends.

I definitely want to see something close to MUSCLE Purple (not grape) and Neon Orange.

I might see if $45 will get me a black and 3 flesh sets. I like that they have more active poses instead of the arms down at the side pose that three of S1 had.

#9 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

When asked about the 1000 option for an exclusive color the octobertoys guy said...

"That is still open for anyone that wants to do it, but we have to do it outside of the Kickstarter pledging. It is just too costly to do that one through kickstarter.
Have no fear there will definitely be exclusive colors for series 2, we already have confirmation on a couple.

We will have to work harder to make sure we reach the goal, but we did it last time, I believe we can do it again!"

So it is still an option just not thru the kickstarter.

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yep, just got an email from Ayleen. I'm in for another exclusive color! To green or not to green, that is the question?

#11 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yep, just got an email from Ayleen. I'm in for another exclusive color! To green or not to green, that is the question?

Well the choice is really stick with green forever or change it up every new wave.

Hmmm or get a different shade of green? A bright lime green would be awesome.

Though if it was my choice purple would be the way to go.

#12 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

Just backed it, and glad to hear there will still be exclusive colors! They're at about $1,500 as I type.

The figures are all lookin' good. Like nearly everyone else, I'm most excited for the puke knight. Looks like the puke/slime is going to be a separate piece.

I didn't see an image post on the Kickstarter (just the video), but George posted one on the OT forum:

Posted Image

Edited by fkro6784, 02 July 2012 - 08:38 PM.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#13 Merovingian

Merovingian

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E. & NKE 6.0 Mutants

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ill be the stick in the mud and say that I find the figures in series 2 to be pretty lack luster.

The Cyborg Baby and the Puke Knight were pretty neat, but the 'logo' guy is kinda lame, and the two 'ball' shaped figures remind me too much of the volleyball MUSCLE that Ive always thought sucked in the original MUSCLE line. And they put two in a series of 5...

There were a lot of neat and creative designs, and given that the voting was ALL screwed up, it looks like they just picked what they wanted to.

I wont be getting any of this line, and I was looking forward to it.

The figures this time around just dont 'do it' for me.
~ Merovingian ~
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30320&view=findpost&p=264442

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

If you haven't seen them close-up, here they are:
Attached File  omfg-2.jpg   324.49K   28 downloads

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Ill be the stick in the mud and say that I find the figures in series 2 to be pretty lack luster.

The Cyborg Baby and the Puke Knight were pretty neat, but the 'logo' guy is kinda lame, and the two 'ball' shaped figures remind me too much of the volleyball MUSCLE that Ive always thought sucked in the original MUSCLE line. And they put two in a series of 5...

There were a lot of neat and creative designs, and given that the voting was ALL screwed up, it looks like they just picked what they wanted to.

I wont be getting any of this line, and I was looking forward to it.

The figures this time around just dont 'do it' for me.

I'll support Redjarojam, when the AP figures come out... But, I was way disappointed in this project when the voting came out... And three out of the five figures, I just hate. The baby, at least, was sculpted well, and I still love Puke Knight. I'd definitely call this a :Sophomore Slump".

#16 Merovingian

Merovingian

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E. & NKE 6.0 Mutants

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'll support Redjarojam, when the AP figures come out... But, I was way disappointed in this project when the voting came out... And three out of the five figures, I just hate. The baby, at least, was sculpted well, and I still love Puke Knight. I'd definitely call this a :Sophomore Slump".

I sorta walked away from the series 2 when the voting went all crazy and people were boosting figures with fake accounts.

I made a submission and it wasnt popular, I didnt even vote for my own I dont think. But there were some AMAZING sculpt ideas that got slaughtered because of idiots voting for the same bad figures over and over.

Still I held out that the project leads would still make a good decision.

Im sure they will make their goal, but I dont see series 2 being anywhere near as popular as series 1.

Hopefully Series 3 will be much more interesting.
~ Merovingian ~
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30320&view=findpost&p=264442

#17 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was hoping the Living Candle would have gotten in that was another cool one if it doesn't get in for series 3 we riot lol you already know I can trollhard :p

#18 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Series 3 submission thread is up too with a deadline of 8/31. Two month submission period should be good. I know a few that didn't make S2 that I want to see again.

#19 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Again I thnk you for the support! I will be putting a lot of work into the AP release. I shall also be submitting more stuff for series 3.

I was hoping the Living Candle would have gotten in that was another cool one if it doesn't get in for series 3 we riot lol you already know I can trollhard :p

Living Candle will definitely be back for series 3 voting. Along with a few others.

#20 Threat

Threat

T.H.R.E.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

That sucks. There were quite a few that I thought for sure were going to make it, even ones that appeared to get a ton of votes, but obviously didn't make it.

Shirtle was one I voted for, i actually like how he's turned out. Her'es 2 others I voted for: (everyone LOVED 157 when it was originally posted. Didn't see many votes cast for him once the voting thread was made though. Glad he'll be featured in a different line ;))

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Both will see the light of day in the UofV.

*fart noises*

#22 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Sweet!! Will deffinitely be pledging when I return from work this evening! :thumbsup: I missed it all last time so have been waiting AGES for the S2 kickstarter :clapping: Loving the figures too - seeing them will now get me through the working day with ease!!

#23 ARMPIT

ARMPIT

pew pew pew pew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

I pledged. It's worth it for the puking knight alone!

#24 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

Living Candle will definitely be back for series 3 voting. Along with a few others.

Good! That was one of my favorites too. I pledged to get one of the custom painted figures. I'll agree that series two doesn't grab my attention as much as series one. Then again, you had King Castor, Multiskull, and Phantom Shithouse in series one. You would have to do a LOT to compete with those figures IMO.

Heads up:

Pledge $75 or more You Selected 14 Backers • Limited Reward (1 of 15 remaining)
One hand painted OMFG! Series 2 prototype, one set of flesh and one set of Kickstarter exclusive black OMFG! Series 2 mini figures, and sticker! (International shipping please add $10)

Edited by vette88, 03 July 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#25 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

I like ironmasks idea of going for AP figures. All I want are the Puke Knight and the Shirtle.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com