#26 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hello [Soupie]

This is Naochin from"Kinkeshi Baka Ichidai" website.
Thank you so much for your email!
Very surprised to see your mail in fluent Japanese.
Did you write it by yourself or ask somebody else to translate...
Anyways I am going to write you back in Japanese.

1) One of the biggest unknown things about M.U.S.C.L.E. is why it is missing 45 figures from parts 1-21. Do the 45 figures that were not made into American M.U.S.C.L.E.s have anything in common with each other that you can see?

I really don't know the reason why it is missing 45 figures, but
M.U.S.C.L.E series are basically different from the original Kinnikuman story.
It is about fighting match among fighters under Muscle man and Terrible.
So I guess there is basically no focus on non fighter characters; they weren't made into M.U.S.C.L.E figures.
For Burokken, it is obviously Nachi related character so it wasn't.
I have no idea about the rest of them...

2) Did the Satan Cross sculpt from Part 21 come with the legs attached or as two completely separate pieces (not attached in any way).

Satan cross A from part 21 came out separated. (not attached in any way)

3) Have you ever seen groups of figures still attached to the molding plastic like the below picture? If so, do you have pictures or information about them?

No, I have never seen them before! As long as I know about Bandai kinnikuman figures, there is no such version released!
I guess they may have came out straight from the factory...
Are those figures yours? Was it on auction? Please let me know where you found the picture!

(4) Have you ever found American M.U.S.C.L.E. figures mixed in with kinkeshi figures in Japan?

As you know Kinkeshi are currently valuable among kinkeshi collectors and they go for rare items. I sometimes see M.U.S.C.L.E. samples that might have put out by those who are involved with M.U.S.C.L.E. figures production. Good example is that there was an image of M.U.S.C.L.E. version 28 BOX ,which was not released, was introduced on AKIA website about one year ago. It must have done by them.

(5) What do you know about Kinkeshi production? Is there a Web site or magazine with kinkeshi production information? (a) How many factories made Kinkeshi (:p How many molds were there for each figure?

No, not much. [Soupie], that's exactly what I want to know about!
The reason why there aren't so much information left about the kinkeshi production back then is that there are no more people left who were related to product Kinkeshi at that time in current Bandai production. All bandai products at that time were outside products. Outsourced locations were probably 3 small factories. That's all I know so far.

6)Are there any kinkeshi posters or wall scrolls?

No, there aren't unfortunately.

7) Is there a kinkeshi version of this figure?

No, there is not. The type of Buffalo man only exists in M.U.S.C.L.E series.
I guess the original buffalo man kinkeshi's pose did not go along with the theme of M.U.S.C.L.E story.
He is also main character in the series so he probably needed a certain look.

Hope this helps.
Feel feel to email me anytime!

Thank you,
Naochin

Not surprisingly, he seems like a very cool person! It's so cool to hear that he is interested in finding out information as well! :)

Arforbes, I bet you could contact him about that Keshi tree. I think it would be awesome if Naochin owned it! :huh:

I haven't emailed him back yet. I figured I'd post this and see if anyone has anything to add or clarify and then I'll email back saying thanks.
Posted Image

#27 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

Thats pretty freakin cool! :)
I like that he is also eager to gather information on his kinkeshi figures.
so I guess that means we will never see the back legs to SC anytime soon. :huh:

Is he a member of this board?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Wow! That was fast! He sounds like just like we do! :huh:

Posted Image

#29 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, I think his fast response indicates that this is still an area of high interest for him. :)

And I just realized that he didn't answer this question:

(3) Have you ever seen several figures from one Kinkeshi Part being consistently released with another Part? For example, figures from Parts 9, 10, and 11 being released together.

I wonder if he just didn't know what we were asking? :huh:
Posted Image

#30 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, I think his fast response indicates that this is still an area of high interest for him. :)

And I just realized that he didn't answer this question:

(3) Have you ever seen several figures from one Kinkeshi Part being consistently released with another Part? For example, figures from Parts 9, 10, and 11 being released together.

I wonder if he just didn't know what we were asking? :huh:

In the capsules, you would get 3 figures. They would be a mix of the current part (23) and the last 2 previous parts (21,22). I must have had a few hundred Part 23 and Part 24 capsules and that is how they were packed. Same with a small lot of part 25 and part 26 capsules I had too.

#31 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

Arforbes, I bet you could contact him about that Keshi tree. I think it would be awesome if Naochin owned it!

How do I get in contact with him? Is there a link to contact him on his site? I think the tree would be in great hands with him, and he seems to be very interested to know ore about it.

Nice work Soupie, the questions were very well put together, and produced good answers. Some stuff were throized has been confirmed even more so than before. Like the 28-Pack box on YJP that he noticed! He said it was probably a slaesman sample or from someone who was involved with Muscle production! AWESOME!
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#32 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:43 AM

great work Soups!

Further to your question where Naochin replied saying he'd seen 'MUSCLE Samples' such as the Magnificant Eleven, I'd like to know more about this figure shown on his site, it looks like a non-Muscle sculpt from part 14, Geronimo:

Posted Image

Is it harder than normal kinkeshi?

Interestingly the other three 'magenta' figures shown with it are also from part 14:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Right next to them on the site are some purple figgies from part 4 that really look MUSCLE to me:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

What do you think? The full page of Naochin's non-standard colors can be found HERE

Edited by matthewf1tz, 10 March 2008 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

It was my understanding that all the figs on that page are made in Kinkeshi rubber, but are non standard color, either due to limited release in a new color, such as pink figures with the Wrestling ring, or clear, and beige colors in certain 28 pack sets. The rest such as the purple ones and other odd colors seem to be from unknown origins.

I would think Naochin would have mentioned the plastic being harder though. But it's hard to determine exactly what he means when you use a web translator. It can't be sure but it looks like he was saying that some of the Nonstandard colored figs were indeed found in unopened capsules....maybe promotional figures, color mix mistakes at the factory and such. The factory might have shipped mistake figures out anyways. Bandai had their fingers in many Keshi lines at that time, so it's possible that a factory could have accidentally popped out some Kinkeshi figs in a color from another line like FOTNS Beige, and just packed them up and shipped them anyways......dunno....now I'm just speculating. I think it would good to ask Naochin about these figures, and see if we could get some more understandable info. :huh:

http://ulala69.hp.in...andardcolor.htm

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 10 March 2008 - 08:01 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

Well, of all Naochin's answers, this was the one that confused Tamaki the most. She said she really didn't understand what he meant at all and just translated it. :)

(4) Have you ever found American M.U.S.C.L.E. figures mixed in with kinkeshi figures in Japan?

As you know Kinkeshi are currently valuable among kinkeshi collectors and they go for rare items. I sometimes see M.U.S.C.L.E. samples that might have put out by those who are involved with M.U.S.C.L.E. figures production. Good example is that there was an image of M.U.S.C.L.E. version 28 BOX ,which was not released, was introduced on AKIA website about one year ago. It must have done by them.

I'm not sure what he meant by that first statement? Kinkeshi are currently valuable among kinkeshi collectors? :D Then he says, "they go for rare items." I think he is saying that "they are considered rare items." So the question is, did he really mean MUSCLE plastic figures are currently valuable among kinkeshi collectors and are considered rare?

I can ask him to clarify this. :yes:

Anyhow, he does say he "sometimes" sees, which means more than once, and he also says a "good example" which indicates that there have been a few cases of MUSCLE stuff showing up in Japan.

I'll definitely ask him about the "non-standard" page and to farther clarify question four.

I wonder if we should even attempt to explain our theory about the non-MUSCLE sculpts either all being on the same trees or missing due to plugging/balancing the trees.

:huh:
Posted Image

#35 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

Arforbes, I can also give him your email address if you'd like.
Posted Image

#36 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:07 AM

It was my understanding that all the figs on that page are made in Kinkeshi rubber, but are non standard color, either due to limited release in a new color, such as pink figures with the Wrestling ring, or clear, and beige colors in certain 28 pack sets. The rest such as the purple ones and other odd colors seem to be from unknown origins.

I would think Naochin would have mentioned the plastic being harder though. But it's hard to determine exactly what he means when you use a web translator. It can't be sure but it looks like he was saying that some of the Nonstandard colored figs were indeed found in unopened capsules....maybe promotional figures, color mix mistakes at the factory and such. The factory might have shipped mistake figures out anyways. Bandai had their fingers in many Keshi lines at that time, so it's possible that a factory could have accidentally popped out some Kinkeshi figs in a color from another line like FOTNS Beige, and just packed them up and shipped them anyways......dunno....now I'm just speculating. I think it would good to ask Naochin about these figures, and see if we could get some more understandable info. :huh:

http://ulala69.hp.in...andardcolor.htm

yeah, I was having trouble with the translator too...

(thanks for reposting the link...correctly!) Those purples just really look like MUSCLE and the Super Meat looks MUSCLEy too:

Posted Image

It just seemed to fit as the Magenta, Purple and thise two MUSCLEy fleshies were grouped together.

I wonder what Alex's expert eyes think??

Posted Image

#37 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:27 AM

I don't think it's his eyes... I actually think his skin actually starts to tingle. :huh:

Anyhow, I wanted to mention that I have Naochin's response in the original Japanese, so I'll run his answer to question #4 through a translator and see what it spits out.

:)
Posted Image

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:48 AM

The gloss and coloring signify keshi. Also, I have a couple purple keshi (no magenta ones though).

#39 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

The gloss and coloring signify keshi. Also, I have a couple purple keshi (no magenta ones though).

:D oh well! Maybe they were made when they were messing about with colors for the MUSCLE line? Or not...

I'd love to see pics of your purples :)

Posted Image

#40 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

I don't think it's his eyes... I actually think his skin actually starts to tingle. :D

Anyhow, I wanted to mention that I have Naochin's response in the original Japanese, so I'll run his answer to question #4 through a translator and see what it spits out.

:lol:

I have actually never seen a Muscle before...I have been blind since birth. I see the machine world and super rares I find glow a different matrix code color than the regular figures. It also comes in handy for beating bad guys by the name of Smith. :) :)

Those are actually all Kinkeshi. I have had some Magenta ones that I thought for sure looked just right as far as coloring goes, but indeed they are softer rubber. The colors are very close though. When you compare them side by side though, the hue is a little off.

Feel free to give him my email Soupie, thanks man!

Edited by arforbes, 10 March 2008 - 08:14 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com