ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:16 PM

I've acquired a decent number of the Mexican bootleg Beasts over the past few years, and like most other MBB collectors I noticed a few anomalies, and it's been bugging me.

The boar and carp are both available in smaller varieties with muted details, and all of the "mini" carps I've come across also have two horns sculpted onto on the face (or at least did at some point before being removed). I'm inclined to believe that these were distributed differently than the standard MBBs, but I'm curious if anyone else has examples of other MBB sculpts in this mini scale? So far I have only seen the carp and boar, but these don't show up often enough for me to know if that means anything or not.

Here are the ones I have in my collection, with the standard sized MBB on the left for comparison.

mbb-minis.jpg

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

Now I want some more dang MBBs!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:27 PM

I have not started collecting the Mexican figures, but I sure would love to see some in the package.

I remember a listing a long time ago with a white and red battle beast gorilla packaged on like a Voltron card or something. It ended at over $400 on auction. Some sort of great bootleg. Anyone else seen that one?

#4 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:02 AM

Don't have any Mexican bootlegs yet but damn those are looking sweet!

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:26 AM

I have not started collecting the Mexican figures, but I sure would love to see some in the package.

I remember a listing a long time ago with a white and red battle beast gorilla packaged on like a Voltron card or something. It ended at over $400 on auction. Some sort of great bootleg. Anyone else seen that one?

Someone around here has a bagged set of these. I don't remember where I saw it though.

That Voltron sword/BB knock off was great! I don't think we had a lot of info on it though. I think the place it was originally sold, but that might be it. (Don't quote me on this.)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 Flashbax

Flashbax

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:09 AM

ha! these are awesome!

Just a dude that loves collecting

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:05 AM

from irababoon's Fantasy Toy Soldier's blog (hope he doesn't mind the hotlink). this is the only image of bagged MBB's I've ever seen.

DSC_0044.JPG

White and pink gorilla came with the "Boltron" sword, and was a Korean bootleg. Don't believe we turned up any more info than that, but I believe one had been seen prior to that one showing up.

#8 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

I love these, and that card art is priceless!

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#9 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

White and pink gorilla came with the "Boltron" sword, and was a Korean bootleg. Don't believe we turned up any more info than that, but I believe one had been seen prior to that one showing up.

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#10 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

thanks for sharing the packaging guys. totally great. I think I have a Boltron sword blade kicking around somewhere but that's it. Also the Thundercats logo on the hilt is a nice touch.

Edited by Grencats, 08 March 2016 - 04:22 PM.

#11 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

from irababoon's Fantasy Toy Soldier's blog (hope he doesn't mind the hotlink). this is the only image of bagged MBB's I've ever seen.

DSC_0044.JPG

I don't mind a bit.

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

thanks for (re)posting these! I remember seeing the giraffe now, but I don't think I'd seen the image of the buffalo before. Awesome! 

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

What does the pack look like on the reverse?

#14 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

Same as the front.

#15 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

Man those are cool. I just have one mini bootleg Carp. The others I have a full sized.

Have those Korean white/pink figures with swords ever been available on the marketplace or ebay? They seem impossible to get!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootleg, Battle Beasts, Beastformers, Mexican, Carp, Boar, KO

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com