Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Vintage toys.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

Hi.

Just joined.
I found some TBB2 figures, I have tried do some research on these guys.
I would like to know what the value is, and are some of them more valuable.
EBay could not help. I hope some you guys can.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:08 PM

Series 2 is worth a nice chunk of change. Although I'm not sure how much. All I know is that they're pretty rare. Also from what I can see, there is only one repaint in there. 

#3 ToysFboys

ToysFboys

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

Yeah very few info on price on these.
I could not find any sold.

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

They're pretty much three-digit value, each.

That said, if you waaaaanna be super-charitable, welllllllll

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

Some of the sculpts in series 2 were repaints of first series figs, however all but one of these are sculpts that were new for the second series. Which makes them rare, and pricey.

If you are looking to sell them, then Ebay would be your best bet. Auction them each individually, and I don't imagine you would be disappointed.

Edited by Rubberhammer, 11 May 2018 - 06:22 PM.

#6 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

Also, they are friggin' cool!

Which also helps.

#7 ToysFboys

ToysFboys

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:21 AM

Ok thanks for the feedback. Well then I properly will put them on EBay. Thinking an action on each would be best?

#8 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

Most definitely. Do as Rubberhammer suggested by auctioning them off individually. You won't be disappointed even starting them off at 99 cents. Series 2 is rare and sought after. Good luck. 

#9 RobToka

RobToka

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Trash Bag Bunch
    Savage Mondo Blitzers
    Hiro color changing Aliens

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Curious what effect the Trash Bag Bunch XL Kickstarter's offering of the re-casted series 2 figures may do to the value of the original figures.
Obviously, the vintage 1992 originals will always be worth more than any reissues could ever hope to be worth.
However, certain collectors may not care if they are original or not, as long as they can get some version of those new sculpts to fill out the set.

The Trash Bag Bunch seems like it will always be a cult-favorite, perhaps not a huge fan-base, but a very dedicated community.

TBB Series 2 is the main reason I am a member of these boards, so I count myself among those who still value the originals.
But, the prices and rarity of the original figures make the Kickstarter seem like a much more realistic option, even if it's a less "pure" solution.

I've been hunting Series 2 so long, I have actually seen the new sculpts sell on eBay before, though never on eBay USA.
The repaints pop up on eBay USA from time to time for those triple digit prices, but I haven't personally seen anyone jump on those auctions.
That's possibly just because the particular repaints which have surfaced are less desirable.

The few times I've seen the new sculpts sell on European eBay have gone for between $100-$150 per figure.
I've also heard of them offered for less when sold privately between collectors.

I know that Last Resort Toys will be keeping the series 2 re-issues fairly limited, if for no other reason than they all must be hand-painted individually.
But, the fact remains that it's still a chance to own at least a nearly indistinguishable series 2 figure for only around $33 per figure.
Hard to say exactly how many collectors are searching, or even aware, of Trash bag Bunch Series 2, but at least several may go with the Last Resort Toys re-casts.

Alternatively, the TBBXL Kickstarter may draw in a a whole new generation of fans and collectors.
Which would mean even more people become aware of the line in general, and drive the prices higher, or at least maintain them where they are set.
All we can do is speculate, but I find it interesting to contemplate when it comes to such an obscure brand with a limited fan base.

Thoughts?

gooblin.png
Wish List 

#10 ToysFboys

ToysFboys

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Hi all.

I have just put up an sales tread in this forum for my TBB2 figures.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com