• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:36 PM

I managed to find a Man-E-Faces at Walmart tonight! I didn't see any of the other non-Heman/Skeletor remakes like Evil Lynn or Buzz-Off, though. The one I bought also came with a video... which would be super-cool if I had a VCR player. Wouldn't DVDs have been cheaper to include? Anyway...

Looks - 5 out of 5: As is usually the case with the Four Horsemen's work, the sculpt is amazing. Each of the faces have been updated with a new look, but they all still maintain the "feel" of the vintage figure. Also, I love the color scheme and the paint seems to be well applied.

I always thought that Man-E-Faces should have monster elements in his body, though. His body seems to be part man and part robot, but nothing relates to the monster side. But that's somewhat of a tangent...

Articulation - 3.5 out of 5: Again, as usual the articulation could be improved with elbow and/or knee articulation. But as an added bonus over the vintage figure, the new Man-E has a swivel head!

Accessories - 1.5 out of 5 Man-E comes with a somewhat Mekaneckistic (read: dorky) weapon that's totally disproportionate to his body. What's worse, the weapon often misfires. But it is somewhat nifty in that its design harkens back to the vintage weapon.

Value - 3 out of 5: Man-E cost $7.77 at Walmart... which isn't too bad a deal for a figure of this size. If he came with more and better accessories I would have felt like I got more "bang for the buck".

Coolness - 5 out of 5: Man-E was always one of my favorite MOTU figures. I love the changing faces feature! And the new figure, like the vintage version, has waist-twisting punch action that works well!

Overall - 3.6 out of 5 The figure itself is very well-made, but the lack of good accessories really brings the score down.

Pics - In the first pic, we see the hero side of Man-E-Faces!

Attached Files

Edited by Tortle, 02 August 2003 - 05:38 PM.

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:40 PM

And now, here's the monster! Watch out for super-pinch action!

Attached Files

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:42 PM

And here's the robot, with "gun-the-size-of-his-torso" action.

Attached Files

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 05:43 PM

And finally, here's a comparison pic of the old Man-E and the new. My, how times change...

Attached Files

#5 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 06:16 PM

It is pretty cool how much the toys have evolved from the way they used to look. Im still hoping to be able to pick up Man-e-Faces, and Buzz-Off soon.

I didn't see any of the other non-Heman/Skeletor remakes like Evil Lynn or Buzz-Off, though.

Evil Lyn is supposed to ship with new versions (different paint jobs) of Mer-Man, Skeletor, and Tri-Klopes.

The one I bought also came with a video... which would be super-cool if I had a VCR player.

If it is the World of He-Man video, then you are missing something good. I have the video and I have watched it a few times already (got it with FA Skeletor).

Wouldn't DVDs have been cheaper to include?

They are gonna start including DVD's with the figures at the end of the year, or sometime next year. I cant quite remember what exactly was said, but I would assume sometime next year is when we will start seeing the DVD's.

Posted Image

#6 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 08:34 PM

Nice review, Nathan. Man, it is wild to see the original next to these new 4Horsemen sculpts. I have been keeping an eye out for this figure, but naturally I haven't seen any of them in my area. The swivel head sounds like a pretty cool action feature.

#7 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 08:44 PM

The amazing thing is, the new figure keeps all of the details of the old one- it just updates the LEVEL of detail!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 11:23 AM

Good review. I haven't found him yet. He sounds really cool. Can't wait till I find one.

#9 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 02:26 PM

The amazing thing is, the new figure keeps all of the details of the old one- it just updates the LEVEL of detail!

Exactly! It's actually quite impressive how much detail is put into the new figures now. The cool thing is that they are nearly exact replicas of the old! :D

e+
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com