• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:24 PM

Wow... another really cool FF mini figure. Griever is from Final Fantasy VIII, comprising one of the Final Battles, as the "Ultimate Guardian Force" (And the main hero's insignia). The figure itself is a part of the Ultra-Rare series 1, which is DANGED hard to find (Isn't that right, Johnny?). I've been looking for one for about as long as I've been hunting down Sorceress Adel. So, here goes...

Sculpt: Like the other figures in the line, awesome. This one is one of the absolute best that I've seen- he stands in a truly dynamic pose, with his wings spread out and his tail coiling around the stone that he's standing on. I love how it looks like different kinds of plastic are used on some of the same parts (orange horns, for example).

Paint Job: Also good. The face isn't PERFECT, but nearly everything else is. The white on the transluscent wings really helps them stand out. There are also small details, like stripes on his tail, that are just plain gorgeous.

Articulation: Nil, but his head and wings can be taken off.

Pricing: As low as $5, as high as $30. Don't expect the low end.

Accessories: Nothing, really, except for candy (if you get the figure new- it tastes like weed killer).

GOtGM (1-10): 0. Actually, he IMPRESSES girls. I'm not kidding! Annie and Sree keep threatening to steal it from me one of these days, because it's so beautiful.

Overall: 4.8 out of 5. This is a really beautiful little statue-figure, and honestly, these minis are amazing! One problem is the ease in which they fall apart, though... at least they came in those pieces!

Attached Files

Edited by Ridureyu, 01 October 2003 - 02:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:24 PM

Another pic!

Attached Files

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:25 PM

And another!

Attached Files

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:43 PM

Solution for the fact that he can fall apart easily: A little superglue goes a LONG way (and with the way that he's constructed, you won't even see the glue!)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com