• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#26 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

I've tried a few. I tried Warsman, Robin Mask, Buffaloman, Black Hole, Ashuraman, Neptuneman, Sunshine and lastly Geronimo. Some don't have much emphisis, as I wasn't trying as much, only working on the voices. And I'll only be doing these on Wednesday to Friday Mornings as I won't be bothering anyone else with my loud voice and they're the only free times I got before college for the rest of the day.
http://download.yous...2D30B8460AF5185

Edited by Frobman, 23 March 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#27 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:12 AM

LOL Frobman, I loved your Geronimo one. XDDD Urararara!

#28 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:15 PM

XD... *just cracks up* They're all so lathargic.

Siya, you should get your brother to do Ramenman. :cry:

#29 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:09 PM

He wouldn't take it seriously enough. XD;
I think he could do Robin as well. *snorts* Penacolada.

#30 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:05 AM

Well done, Frobman ^^. After all the response's for possible VA's I think we may actually be able to do this thing. I guess I'll go over the movies I have available and post summeries for the ones that I think we can dub. After which you can all vote on which one we'd like to dub 1st.

Another thing is any body that has sound mixing experience may need to re create or remix some of the background music. It will be necessary to remove the full audio tracks at some points in the anime when our voice's over lap the existing audio, which will happen a lot.

One solution to this is anyone who has Kinnikuman OST CD's that feature background tracks from the series can upload them and we can re-insert them into the film along with our new audio files.

Also, don't forget we need VA's for some lesser known and new background characters, ie: Belinda, Doc Nakano, random fan boys and gals as well as a few original Villians that appeared only in these films. So feel free to be creative here. It's Kinnikuman folks, almost any stereotypical ethnic and over the top voice you can think of will be of SOME use here. ^^

BTW: I think I have Terryman and Skullduggery down to a T >=).
Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#31 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:22 PM

Do any movies have Checkmate? No matter. I think I'd also like to try Wally Tusket. And have a line like, "Yer just lake th' wrestlers ah met in Ireland! Yeh cahn't take a poonch!"
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#32 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:40 PM

We're planning on doing the original Kinnikuman, not UM, right?

#33 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

I only have original Kinnikuman Movies if indeed we are planning on using what I have.

@Checkmate1989- If u can do a good Irish voice or british sounding one then you may be able to VA for some of these Kinnikuman Movie Villians. They have like no pre-existing English VA so we can go nuts with them for the most part.

-Checkmate

#34 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:31 PM

Alright. Give me a script and I'll choose a few voices that I can do, record them in 44.1K, 16-Bit .wav, and send them to whomever has Vegas Video/AVID and let them put it all together with the rest.

Also, if I get a few tracks of the oh-so-common background music from a few different occasions it occurs in the series, I could make a 'vanilla' mix from them with a good bit of effort. I know the process I'd have to use, but it might be quite tricky.

And to make it perfectly clear, I'm ONLY doing the Generation 1 Kinnikuman cartoons. NOT UM.

By the way, I'm a southerner, so if noone can do a spot-on southern voice for Terryman, I can just lend my normal one.

Edited by theorgg, 25 March 2006 - 08:32 PM.

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#35 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:37 AM

We're planning on doing the original Kinnikuman, not UM, right?

UM up to the Gen-EX arc (I guess), and the G1 movies that Sooperkreep will provide.

Edited by Checkmate1989, 27 March 2006 - 07:38 AM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#36 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:19 AM

I will in no way support, participate, or endorse this effort if ANY of Ultimate Muscle is done. That is stepping on toes, and something that could get us in a LOT of trouble with 4Kids, potentially.

Gen 1, however, I'm fine with.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#37 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:41 AM

Well, if I had a microphone, a more private room, to do it on, some translations, and episodes to put it against, I could probably pull off a good Suguru. I can just about do his voice, to the clip on Youtube, with his Gyuudon dance.

But, seeing as I have NONE of these things, I can only say "I wish I could help out, but can't." U_U
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#38 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:06 AM

I will in no way support, participate, or endorse this effort if ANY of Ultimate Muscle is done. That is stepping on toes, and something that could get us in a LOT of trouble with 4Kids, potentially.

Gen 1, however, I'm fine with.

Same here, man! I'd wanna see more stuff from G1 (even though I have untranslated scans to all the chapters) I'd wanna see some of them cartoons, movies, and possibly the fillers between the Tag Team and Royal Rumble.

#39 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:40 PM

Everyone saying they don't have a microphone... look at your computer's mic input. Look at a Headphone jack. Plug headphone jack into computer, hit "record" on MSsound Recorder, and speak into one end of the headphone. Stop, playback.

Oh! Look! Transducer = Transducer! Who would've thought!!

Heh. Kids.
B)

#40 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

OK, ladies and gents, I have managed to make sense of 3 of the movies and will begin the script process this week. First I'll need your help figuring out witch of the 3 we want to work on. I'll post some brief summaries describing each film then you can all vote via your replies.

Hers the 1st summary for:

Kinnikuman Movie 5:
Approx running time 1 hour.

Kinnikuman's attempt at staring in movies goes awry when he is transported from the movie set to a Village in feudal era Japan. Here he must defeat an evil Chojin and his army that are menacing the land. This is no ordinary Evil doer he has ties to Suguru's greatest enemy, the Akuma Shogun! This new menace is so bold that not only does he smack Kinnikuman around he sends his armies after all his friends, The Seigi Chojin on earth. It's up to Kinnikuman, Ramenman, Terryman, Robin Mask, Warsman, Buffaloman, Rikishiman, Brocken Jr. and Geronimo to stop this menace from destroying the distant village and from invading earth.

(This film is a lot of fun, Some VERY funny moments includes ALL of the G1 cast. Lots of goofy Suguru moments, Skullduggery has a pretty big role in this film along with his Mom and Slab, King Mayumi Muscle, Queen Muscle, Vance McMadd(Haribote Muscle) as well as Meat, that Greenish Black Creature/kid and the ever hilarious Doc Nakano are all in attendance. One problem with dubbing this film is it's a LOT of talk to have to write a script for. The cast is HUGE along w/ who I mentioned there the villians the villagers and the others on earth making this TOO tuff to cast. This may be something we wanna do at a later date but our 1st attempt should be kept simple. - S.K.)

-Checkmate

#41 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:17 AM

Here's the second SUmmary:

Kinnikuman Movie 6: "Crisis in New York"
Aprrox running time: 45 mins (inculding open and end credits)

The Seigi Chojin are having a celebration at New York's Yankee Stadium. In a PACKED stadium they all talk about past battles and how sweet the taste of victory is. They wonder where the guest of honor is (Suguru Kinnikuman) but knowing him he over slept and probably hasnt even left Planet Muscle yet(which is true^^). The Chojin carry on w/ the celebration until an evil energy from outer space begins zapping everyone in the stadium sapping their aura's and leaving their bodies frozen in stone. The Seigi Chojin recognize this familiar yet different presence but its too late for them to even TRY to fight this unseen foe. They all fall before this great energy Buffaloman,Warsman, Robin Mask, Ramenman, Geronimo, Rikishi Man, Brocken Jr and finally after holding out the longest wondering where his best friend could be, Terryman falls and is absorbed by the evil energy.

Kinnikuman finally arrives with his family in tow to a shattered and dead New York. The voice that beckons him is familiar yet somehow different. It is then that the voice tells him the reason he ever lost to him before was because the body he once had wasnt strong enough. He needs the strongest chojin's bodies to remain unbeatable. The Seigi Chojin have proven to be the strongest in the Galaxy so now they will provide the new body for, Akuma Shogun! Now Kinnikuman must battle against his greatest enemy and his best friends all rolled into one amidst the ruins of New York.

(This one has my vote. By far the coolest movie thus far it has the perfect amount of action, drama, and humor. Plus a managable cast to dub for. The running time makes this one film IDEAL for our little dub project -S.K.)

Edited by Sooperkreep, 28 March 2006 - 08:30 AM.

-Checkmate

#42 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:31 AM

And the... third one?

Also, this will be a literal translation of the scrypt that you release, and then later we can 'junk on it,' right? I know some people will want to subtitle the show and won't listen to the dub. However, even if this dub doesn't get 'done,' we'll have a small portion of the show subbed. That's a good thing.

#43 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:44 AM

And here's the 3rd Movie Summery:

Kinnikuman the Movie 7:
Approx running time; 1hour

This one was REALLY tuff to figure out. Its RAW JP I didnt even have the broken engrish subtitles to go off of on this one but heres the gist of it:

Kinnikuman's downtime is interrupted by 2 villians looking to lead their armies to invade the earth. It's up to Kinnikuman and a dispondant Neptune Man seeking redemption for the crimes he commited while under the influence of Posieden along with the rest of the Seigi Chojin to defeat these powerful new enemies and prevent this massive invasion from taking place.

(The animation quality just like in Movie 6 is somewhere between "Fist of the Northstar" and "Transformers: The Movie" I enjoyed this one a bunch. The villians are such jerks ^^. They have such a snooty disposition about them. I can imagine a good intellectual/british accent for them. I think Neptune Man would benefit form a borderline Macho Man Randy Savage/ Hulk Hogan era Wrestler voice. He's so old school.
However, I imagine having the same issue with this film that we'd have w/ Movie 5: there's a LOT to script/dub and it does seem to be a little light on the humor in comparison to the previous 2 films I summerized. The actions great and it's great seeing Kinnikuman and Neptune Man team up to deliver the Cross Bomber.)

-Checkmate

#44 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

I'd prefer one of the last two. Ditch the first for now due to scripting and stuff. A choice between Akuma Shogun or Neptuneman. Which one?

#45 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

@theorgg:

Yeah, I do expect my main translator to do a literal translation which we can "junk" up to make more sense both in grammer and humor. For example Doc Nakano provides color commentary in all the movies. Keeping the trend started in the UM dub for his character will require some fooling around w/ the translation.

Another thing is names. Particularly for the bit players. Like with Kinkotsuman, I prefer Skullduggery. But when it comes to a BeetleBomb/Geronimo or Rikishiman/Sosumi it gets to be a tougher choice. I guess those who choose to participate in this effort can decide.

-Checkmate

#46 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

I'll say I'd like to try for the third.

Is Neptuneman wearing his mask, or is he the Hulk Hogan shape unmasked?

#47 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

He's got his mask on. Looks like he's upset that he got blown into another dimesnion at the end of the Dream Tag Saga instead of dieing.

-Checkmate

#48 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Say, who are exactly contributing anyways? And who's doing who? I think I'll be going with Robin Mask, Warsman (will need to have the robot-voice effect) and Geronimo, as those were the ones I was practicing most from the selection. I'm having problems with what to make Buffaloman sound like, I think I can do a decent Akuma Shogun or Terryman, but I need to practice 'em a bit if I get to do any of them.

Also, I'd like to see the lines for the characters, cos I find it hard to practice out of the blue, trying to think of what to say.

#49 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:52 PM

Once we decide on a story we can work on getting lines, Frobman. I agree, I liked all your interpertations and Theorgg being a Southerner should be a shoe in for Terryman. Sadly thats not even half the Cast.

I Imagine if we do go the Akuma Shogun route his voice has to be as menacing and Grainy as possible. Something along the lines of Talpa form "Ronin Warriors" could work. I also want to do something like overlay his lines with the other Seigi Chojins because he uses all their signature moves on Kin in the movie and a Phantom version of them can be seen within him each time he does.

ie:
Akuma Shogun/Terryman in unison: "Calf Brander!"

-Checkmate

#50 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:52 PM

If only my voice didn't sound like a crack addled child when recorded D= I would love to be able help with this.

It's great seeing Kinnikuman and Neptune Man team up to deliver the Cross Bomber.

What?! =D Seriously? Oh man, that sounds awesome.

ZObY.png

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com