119 replies to this topic

#26 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:26 AM

You probably are buying cindecil paints, DONT. I mean they are really good, but the are $$$$ and they dry up fast. IMO they are not worth it. I had afew of them (well actually my brother got a large lot for $1 with some warhamer 40k figures) and I personally prefer them in look, but they are not worth it because they dry up REAL fast. I used my moms and hers are many years old and work fine with the exception of afew which are lumpy, but there are ways to restore the paint. My problem is my brushes (the two I use) are split completely and it was amazing I managed to do what I did with what I had with the exception of my wash which I was learning how to do it by just doing it (the only way B) )

I cant wait to see the next one, I just wish you wouldnt have your pictures so fuzzy, but what I can see of it, they were good. Maybe its just the angle i am looking on it on the laptop. I know the camera I use screws up when I zoom in like that but its not a real digital camera, its a video camera which just so happens to have the ability to do so.

As far as a sealant, I dont know anything about it but Marty told me to get a spray and do it about 6inches to a foot away. Its so that the paint doesnt chip, a self explainatory name for once.

Do you give the figures a coat before you actually paint them? I tend not to, but I am starting too sometimes, It depends on the look i am going for.

What should I use besides the acrylics? Do you have any suggestions. And I don't give them a coat before I paint them, I just paint them with one layer.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my digital cam takes fuzzy pics when they are that close up. :D

Also thanks Uo-ZUMAN for the advice. I'll have to get that flat sealant over the weekend so I won't have to worry about them chipping.

Well, here's Warsman like I promised. This one took about 4 and a half hours. He was pretty tough to do. A lot of little details on this guy. I also had to mix black and grey to get his "skin color". I have to say I am really happy with the way he turned out though. It was well worth it. e+ Again, sorry for the blurry pics.

Trenchcoat Kevin Mask is up next...

ARRGH! My computer is being retarted, so I'll post the rear view pic now. I'll post the front view tomorrow.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#27 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:20 AM

Smackman, those are pretty damn sweet!

#28 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:39 AM

Its weird how Warsman's butt stands out in that picture :lol: Maybe hell come up with the RVD sweat :lol:

Yea, I would suggest a flat sealant because you can always have them glossy later if you want that look. I would just stick with acrilics since they are the easiest and are pretty inexpensive. Also with the digital camera, zoom in slowly. I too had the same problem but zooming in slowly fixes it, also moving the camera and not the zoom helps too at certain points. Ive tryed it with afew cameras and found that taht was the best thing to do. Hope it helps.

To enrich the color on each figure, give them a white base. Youll also find painting easier on them once you do that. I mean it will actually stick to the figure instead of you having to apply over and over again. It will make a slight change in the apearance of it, but play arround tilll it works for you. Hope that helps ya :o
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#29 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:45 AM

:wacko: WARSMAN, WARSMAN, WARSMAN, WARSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: He looks SUPER cool. Great job. Keep up the awesome work.

#30 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:16 AM

Well from what I see of that Warsman figure, I have to say that it look really good. Cant believe that it took so long to finish him up. Cant wait to see the front picture, and especially cant wait to see the Trench Coat Kevin Mask.

Posted Image

#31 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 01:20 PM

awesome the suguru, and terryman look outstanding.
my computer wouldn't upload the warsman pics, but if they are up to par with the others... it's probably slick, as well.
the clean style works for you.
i'm still waiting to see your interperetaion of boaconda!
keep it up!

#32 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:10 PM

I'm really glad you all like them. Here's the front pic of warsman.

Thanks for the advice Max. The acrylics are cheap, but they dry up fast. You mentioned a way to restore the paints when they start clumping. Could you let me know how to do this please?

And Ironmask, I'll do Boaconda right after Kevin Mask. He should be fun to paint.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#33 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 02:45 PM

I knew it would be cool. That is very good work smackman. Im pretty sure that I wouldnt even be able to get those little details on there to look right. Congrats, keep up the good work.

Posted Image

#34 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 07:18 AM

Wow, you seem to paint them well and the details are really good! I like Warsman the best out of all now ^^ Also, keep up the work!! :lol:

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#35 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 05:51 PM

Here ya go sniper, Trenchcoat Kevin Mask in full color like he should be. This one didn't take as long. 2 hours at the most, but I think it turned out better than any of the others so far.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#36 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 05:54 PM

Back shot.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#37 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:25 PM

OMG! He is great! These figures just keep getting better and better. Keep up the super fantastic job.

#38 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:00 PM

That looks great, that is defintly the way the figure should of been. Need I say this again? Keep up the good work :lol: .

So who is up next, Boacconda for ironmask?

Posted Image

#39 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:14 PM

That looks great, that is defintly the way the figure should of been. Need I say this again? Keep up the good work :lol: .

So who is up next, Boacconda for ironmask?

Thanks :lol: Boaconda is next 4 sure. I'll start on him tomorrow or Monday.
Posted Image

#40 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:40 PM

Good Job, they just keep getting better and better.
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#41 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 09:14 PM

I just got an idea here Smackman. How about I put the pictures up on my site? I think that it would make a nice addition to the site. Of course Im gonna wait for your reply, and full credit will always be given.

Posted Image

#42 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:25 PM

Damn Smackman! You just get better and better. I like Kevin Mask the best now! ^^ Keep up the work!!!! :(

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#43 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:42 PM

Here's Boaconda just like you requested Ironmask. He was a little bit tougher than the last ones. He took about 4 and a half hrs to do, but I'm really happy with the way he looks. I was having a problem with the color scheme, but I think I got it right. Enjoy guys!

Attached Files

Posted Image

#44 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:44 PM

Here's a view from behind.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#45 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:50 PM

:lol: :D B) He is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. He's my favorite as of now. Super awesome job. *thumbs up*.

#46 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 05:38 AM

Kevin Mask is my favorite, but then again I have a bias toward him comared to the other and he is teh hardest to fudge up. The boaconda mold was too ummm, "cartoony" so there wasnt much to do with him, but he still does look good and better than what I thought it would turn out, but when you have an objection to the mold, ya know how it is. Kevin mask's mask should be abit darked though. He has a dark "royal blue". Get it, get it? Royal blue... england... Man am I lame today...
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#47 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 09:44 AM

That is very good work there Smackman. Your work seems to be getting better and better. I think that you did a very good job with his colors.

Posted Image

#48 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 12:04 PM

I...I th think I I'm h having a heart attack! Amazing job!
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#49 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:42 PM

It's been a while since I did one of these, Here's Ramenman in his painted form.
I did paint the eyes, but it really looked like shizznit, so i just left it flesh colored. It dosen't look as good in the pic, but in person it looks good. It wasn't a very detailed sculpt to begin with like Buffaloman or Boaconda is, but I think it turned out nicely.

Attached Files

Posted Image

#50 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:43 PM

From the back.

Attached Files

Posted Image