Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Source of this little dino guy

Best Answer BaltanII , 16 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, they're Extreme Dinosaurs bootlegs, very common in that line of Transformers bootlegs. There was a line of fully-painted minifigures upon which these are based.

There are MANY threads that cover these guys; I've even linked to several of them in following threads. It's the painted original figures (presumed but never confirmed to be from the UK) that are quite rare, while back when this line appeared more frequently, these clear bootlegs were common as dirt. T-Bone, Haxx, Spike, Hardrock, and Stegz have all shown up, while I think I've seen at least Bad Rap also appear before.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

So this little guy came as an accessory with a bootleg version of the Japanese Transformer Heinlad (The dino guy is packaged just below Heinlad's left fist in the second pic). Since the Transformer was a bootleg I figure this little dino guy must be a bootleg, too. He's about 1.25 inches tall, flexible glow-in-the-dark plastic (he does have 2 arms, the other just isn't visible in the pic). What is he a bootleg of?

Attached Files

Edited by Spaceknight, 16 June 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#2 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

Looks kinda extreme dinosaurs like?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

It looks more like a manimal type style figure than a dinosaur...like a humanoid alligator. It is cool...don't have any idea what if anything it is a bootleg of though. 

#4 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

From what I have seen it's pretty agreed upon that it's a bootleg of an extreme dinosaur.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#5 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

From what I have seen it's pretty agreed upon that it's a bootleg of an extreme dinosaur.

I'm not convinced of an Extreme Dinosaurs connection.  Could be, sure.   I used to see these sets all the time, usually inside those pre-packaged Easter baskets.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#6 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

I'm not convinced of an Extreme Dinosaurs connection.  Could be, sure.   I used to see these sets all the time, usually inside those pre-packaged Easter baskets.

looks like its based on T Bone has shame shoulder pads as well

hqdefault.jpg

Dinosaur.gif

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

looks like its based on T Bone has shame shoulder pads as well

hqdefault.jpg

Dinosaur.gif

It's there, as clear as a bell.  You state a good case, pictures and all.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:10 PM   Best Answer

Yeah, they're Extreme Dinosaurs bootlegs, very common in that line of Transformers bootlegs. There was a line of fully-painted minifigures upon which these are based.

There are MANY threads that cover these guys; I've even linked to several of them in following threads. It's the painted original figures (presumed but never confirmed to be from the UK) that are quite rare, while back when this line appeared more frequently, these clear bootlegs were common as dirt. T-Bone, Haxx, Spike, Hardrock, and Stegz have all shown up, while I think I've seen at least Bad Rap also appear before.

#9 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

Thanks, guys. I'm not familiar with the Extreme Dinosaurs although they look Street Shark like (same company maybe?)

I do like the little guy. I'll have to see if I can round up more of them.

#10 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:38 AM

Extreme Dinosaurs was the follow up series to Street sharks as for those painted mini figures of the series I never saw them in UK stores at the time just the regular figures. Maybe they was a promo item though they was not cereal prizes. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com