Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

I came across these about a week ago at Target and they sold out in 1 day. We just got a new case in,and there were only a couple left on the shelf. Luckily the one I wanted was still there. BOBA FETT !
These little guys are pretty cool ! The box is 7 1/2 inches tall.

Attached Files

Edited by Czarcher, 22 February 2008 - 04:48 PM.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

These things are pretty cool! I havn't seen them before. Rebelscum has some great pics of some of these available.

I want to pick my favorite, but they all look so darn cool. I like Chewbacca the most I guess. :D I think it's his bowcaster that sets him off.

http://www.rebelscum.../MMuggsBoba.asp

http://www.rebelscum...MuggsChewie.asp

http://www.rebelscum...MMuggsVader.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/MMuggsHan.asp

Okay, so I don't like Han Solo that much. I think people should stick to the more popular characters for a change.

They also have,

Darth Maul
Stormtrooper
C-3P0
Luke Skywalker
Mace Windu
Obi Wan Kenobi

Cool set CZ, thanks for posting. :)

I can't find any pics of them though.

Posted Image

#3 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

They also have,

Darth Maul
Stormtrooper
C-3P0
Luke Skywalker
Mace Windu
Obi Wan Kenobi

Cool set CZ, thanks for posting. :D

I can't find any pics of them though.

C-3po,Luke,Mace,and Obi Wan should be all in wave 2,which has'nt come out yet.

#4 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

These are pretty cool.They have a Kubrick lego style to them. :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

Oh wow that Chewie is awesome!

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

I know right! That Chewie is just sickly cool. :) I want one. They should make a new CG comedic kids series with these character designs. :D That would be fun to watch.

That's what I thought CZ. I can't wait to see the C3P0, I just know he will be sweet!

Can you take a pic of Boba next to a muscle so we can get a more accurate scale CZ?

Oh, and will you open him?

Posted Image

#7 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:23 AM

I'll take a pic later today of the size comparison. I plan on leaving him in the box,cause he displays well like that,although the more I get,I may eventually take em' out. :D

#8 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

I picked up Han Chewie and Boba 4 days ago they rule
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

While I have to concede Hasbro did a good job with the look of these figures, I’m disappointed in the concept. It seems like SW simply stamped onto the vinyl figure market – although my dissatisfaction with Hasbro and SW is well documented.

I’d just like to see the SW brand take bigger chances. Trying things like Galactic Heroes and Jedi Force are much more interesting – even if they are successes and failures, respectively.

This concept strikes me another Coke/Powerade move by Hasbro. We don’t need to dominate or innovate the marketplace, simply erode some of the market share from other competitors.

#10 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

Here's a size comparison----

Attached Files

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

Cool, thanks CZ, that's just the size I was hoping they would be, I'm gonna try to find a Chewbacca next time I'm at Target.

Posted Image

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

Youbuynow.com has them all pictured. I'm a bit disappointed in the 2nd set. I would have preferred Greedo instead of Mace Windu, and a Clone Trooper instead of Obiwan. I hate it when Hasbro goes Jedi happy. :D Lightsabers a getting old. You know what they say, there's nothing like a good blaster by your side. :D

http://www.youbuynow.com/category/549

Posted Image

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

Man, i've spent the past two years gradually selling all of my Star Wars toys, and now i really want to buy these. Oh well, at least there's a deterrent in the drastically lamer second wave. Good old Hasbro. They can always be counted on to throw out a sucky second wave to break your interest in a toyline. :lol:

Also, Han's face makes him look like a cat.

But man...Chewie. I want you so bad.

Edited by Scumdogg, 11 January 2008 - 12:35 AM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, somebody over there is always screwing something up. They can give vader a cape, saber, and helmet, but they can't give Maul a cape, or give Boba Fett his signature blaster? They are really pinheaded sometimes. They should have also gave C3P0 R2D2 as an accessory. It's not like they would loose money on this line, these things are supposed to be made from recycled materials. :lol:

Posted Image

#15 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

They can give vader a cape, saber, and helmet, but they can't give Maul a cape, or give Boba Fett his signature blaster? , these things are supposed to be made from recycled AWESOME

*Fixed*

...And yes URS,I was really suprised Boba did'nt have his blaster.

#16 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

Aww man!!!! Major bummer today!!! I managed to swing by Target while car shopping today, and low and behold without even thinking of it I found some Mighty Muggs!!! They had both Chewbacca and Darth Vader! And what crap do I behold in my pocket! Only $8 measly dollars! They were a sweet price of $9.99 and my poor Arse couldn't even score one. B) They were sweet too! Vader looks much better in person with much lighter paint apps than some pictures show. They were so great......I'm gonna try to see if I can catch my way there again tomorrow and see if I can at least get one......if they aren't already gone by then. :woot: So sad....

Posted Image

#17 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

Aww man!!!! Major bummer today!!! I managed to swing by Target while car shopping today, and low and behold without even thinking of it I found some Mighty Muggs!!! They had both Chewbacca and Darth Vader! And what crap do I behold in my pocket! Only $8 measly dollars! They were a sweet price of $9.99 and my poor Arse couldn't even score one. :D They were sweet too! Vader looks much better in person with much lighter paint apps than some pictures show. They were so great......I'm gonna try to see if I can catch my way there again tomorrow and see if I can at least get one......if they aren't already gone by then. B) So sad....

Good luck dude :woot: those are the two I'm looking for also. At my store right now we've only got Darth Maul,and Stormtrooper. I was gonna get 1 or maybe both but I'm in the same boat as you.
Spent too much in the LRG store :D No regrets though,Johnny has some great stuff at awesome prices.

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

Bummer man, it's really all your fault you know. I just spent all my extra cash on SOTA Street Fighter Variants! :woot: WHY CAN'T I STOP!!!! B)

I'm actually wanting Maul and the Stormtrooper myself. In fact the only one I don't like from Series 1 is Han Solo. :D

Do you think Tor'R'us carries these? So far Target is the only place I've seen with them.

Posted Image

#19 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

Bummer man, it's really all your fault you know. I just spent all my extra cash on SOTA Street Fighter Variants! :woot: WHY CAN'T I STOP!!!! B)

I'm actually wanting Maul and the Stormtrooper myself. In fact the only one I don't like from Series 1 is Han Solo. :D

Do you think Tor'R'us carries these? So far Target is the only place I've seen with them.

I don't know. I actually don't go to toys r us. I would assume they do,as I doubt they are Target exclusives. wall mart I would think should sell them too.

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

I checked their site. They have Stormtrooper and Darth Maul at $9.99 and only available in store. So I guess only select locations have managed to get these at the moment.

I checked a few walmarts today, and they don't carry them. I saw the stock sheet for the Star Wars section and I didn't see a section for them allocated on the sheet. Their site doesn't have them either. Looks like Target is my only option for now, cause I'm not spending 8 bucks shipping as well. :woot:

Posted Image

#21 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

I checked their site. They have Stormtrooper and Darth Maul at $9.99 and only available in store. So I guess only select locations have managed to get these at the moment.

I checked a few walmarts today, and they don't carry them. I saw the stock sheet for the Star Wars section and I didn't see a section for them allocated on the sheet. Their site doesn't have them either. Looks like Target is my only option for now, cause I'm not spending 8 bucks shipping as well. :woot:

Thats interesting. I'm kinda glad their not all over the place. Maybe they'll actually hold some value,or god forbid actually go up in value !

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean! I'm all for getting into a line that will hold it's value, but not one that will go up dramatically just to take the always inevitable plummet. Scalpers have already hit eBay with these guys with price increases of up to $20 bucks. I don't think the sales are doing too well though. I think this line kind of got overlooked by many collectors as just another crap line. Especially with those who just buy the basic figures.

Thinking about it I'd like to get a boba fett to go along with my three 30th ann Boba figs on my shelf. :)

Posted Image

#23 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

New concept art for series 3,4. I hope these get produced !

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:31 AM

Hmm... Hopefully they will select to switch out Luke with someone else. That's Hasbro's problem, they just chunk stuff out knowing that completest will buy them. I still want Greedo made. I can already see a number of Clone repaints as well.

Posted Image

#25 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

I haven't bought any of these yet, but i'd buy that Lando. :angry:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com