Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is your holy grail of toy collecting?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:44 AM

So what is your "holy grail" of toy collecting (i.e., the toy which you would most like to add to your collection but eludes you for whatever reason)? Please limit the responses to relatively realistic holy grails, meaning something that you would actually buy. For example, we would all like a Droids Vlix... but few (if any) of us would actually shell out the money for it, so it's an unrealistic holy grail.

My holy grail is the Mattel Shogun Warrior Rodan, the last one I need for my American Shogun collection. It's difficult to find one and when I do, it's always pretty expensive. I never seem to have the money for it at the exact time that I see it.

What about you guys?

-Nathan

EDIT: Oh yeah... here's some pics of the Shogun Rodan.

Edited by Tortle, 31 July 2003 - 07:35 AM.

#2 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:27 AM

Hmm, good question. It is tough for me to pick just one. Here are three off the top of my head that I would consider are all in the running to be my current holy grail would be the Pallisades' Micronaut's re-issued Force Commander (white or clear red versions) with his Stallion, Oberon. They were only given to people who had joined the Pallisades' collectors club. They are hard to come across and when you do find them they all are priced from $100-150.

I guess I'll also add the Pallisades' Micronauts re-issued Gold Baron Karza figure with his stallion, Andromeda. This figure was a very limited edition given only to microman/micronaut collectors who had volunteered to give their vintage Baron Karza figures to Pallisades in order to help them in creating the new reproduction Baron Zarza figure. These gold figures were a "thank you" sent only to the collectors that contributed old figures to Pallisades.

Lastly, I'd include the Microman Rescue Secret Base. It is pretty tough to find and when you come across it the seller is always asking $300 or more for it. I just have a tough time shelling out that much for one toy.

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:49 AM

Right now, it'd have to be a Kinnikuman "205 Perfect Collection"
http://page4.auction...ction/d37020077

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:53 AM

The list is actually pretty easy for me. These things are all out there, but it’s going to cost some money to get them.

The Sandcrawler, the Skiff, the Imperial Shuttle, the Ewok Battle Wagon, the Side Gunner, and the ATL.

Other POTF figures are on the list too, but I don’t consider those too hard to get in good shape. Plus I can always just breakdown and pay the money for them. I’m still trying to get them cheap from some stupid person.

#5 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:38 AM

I would have to say the Magenta Claw, if it exists.

Then the next woud probably be Drunken Master. :mellow:

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#6 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 10:52 AM

Mine are very simple. I would like to be able to go to the store and pick up Beast Man, Mer Man, and Stratos (two of each) for store price. So far the only ones of the first wave of MotU that I have been able to come across are He-Man, Skeletor, Man-at-Arms.

I would also like to be able to pick up an extra Ash, and Crow movie maniac figure, so that I can open one set.

Posted Image

#7 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:35 AM

Well... series 5-8 if they ever *&^% come out!!!!!!

Other than that, I'd definately want the entire Sesame Street Kubrick line (they have Herry monster... I want a Herry... sorry... just nostalgic) about half the toys I lost as a kid, Captain McCallister from the Simpsons, Some old MUSCLES, and of course, The Swedich Chef with Lobster Bandits...
Posted Image

#8 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:40 AM

Nate, no joke, my neighbor had that when I was a kid. How much does it usually go for?

I see him from time to time.

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:05 PM

I think a loose Rodan usually goes for about $100-$150, depending on condition of course. Rodan had some easily damaged parts so it's hard to get one in decent condition; specifically, the rubber band in the neck could lose elasticity and snap and the wings could rip and/or break.

The only one from your list that I had was the Imperial Shuttle. It was cool and impressive, but too heavy and bulky to really play with. It's essential for many dioramas, though. I think it had its demise at a yard sale (like many awesome toys).

I always thought that the Sandcrawler was cool, but it costs something like $300 so I think I'll pass. ;)

-Nathan

#10 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:21 PM

I know this sounds strange, but...

Wildeye from the Trash bag Bunch toyline.

If anyone can help me obtain one, I will be VERY HAPPY!

Attached Files

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 max powerz

max powerz

*squish squish* ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 06:28 PM

Anything starcom. I have alot, but a double is just like a new one. I dont know why it feels taht way, its just special to me. :lol: Im a cheapo with the prices though, but I still manage to increase the size of my colection every so often. Speaking of which, its time to bump a thead :)
I Sell some ultimate muscle and m.u.sc.l.e stuff, email/pm me for details
#012 king muscle (green foil lettering)
#013 terryman (green foil letterings)
#020 ramenman (blue foil letterings)
#045 kinikudriver (red and green foil letterings)
Series 2 CCG cards All and All Series 2 figures
Starcom Needs: ALL. Doubles, tripples, etc... Any condition welcome.

#12 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 08:37 PM

I have a TBB Wildeye, however, not an extra. I would have to have a great trade to give it up. I have had a hell of a time locating TBB figures. My last bunch came from a BB customer in the Netherlands.

THEGODBEAST

#13 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 08:52 PM

what kinds of things would you trade for?

(I'd offer Battle Beasts, but you probably HAVE the ones that I own, and in a better condition, too)

I have a LOT of the TBB line. Want a Klutch, or Muckoid? I have extras of those, as well as singles of others...

Edited by Ridureyu, 31 July 2003 - 08:53 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:20 AM

The first two eight figure kinnikuman the second Capsule figure sets, then series 5-8 that just won't release on the east coast. I Hopefully got one of those packs on eBay though. It showed the kid and Bone Cold pack, but it said that wasn't the one it was to late. With shipping I paid $11.50 before I realized I didn't know what I was getting. I think it is probably one of the 5-8 packs, but it could be a 1-4, then I'd be mad.
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#15 thunderhead

thunderhead

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:08 PM

I'd start off by saying SC. I came across an auction with one but the bidding is getting outta hand. As far as any others I'd say the SC Kinnikuman Fold. And any female Kinnikuman's.

Attached Files

#16 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:53 PM

The original 1984 storm shadow, I always loved the look of that design, I've seen him on eBay tons of times, but damn boy do the prices go up! Anyone know if they plan on re-releasing or making a new figure similar to this design?

Attached Files

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#17 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:02 AM

The Resaurus ORGG figure from '98

http://darkstar-sifi...gic_figures.htm

Original Retail Price: $60. Height: 3'. Weight: Probably a few pounds. Amount: Unknown, specialty release, only released to very few places. I've only seen the Hurloon Minotaur one, and it was quite impressive.

Posted Image :wub:

*sigh*
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#18 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:44 AM

The original 1984 storm shadow, I always loved the look of that design, I've seen him on eBay tons of times, but damn boy do the prices go up! Anyone know if they plan on re-releasing or making a new figure similar to this design?

I don't think they are planning on rereleasing that exact figure. But I have seen him on ebay numerous times. Finding him MINT is hard though. A MINT Storm Shadow MOC can go for over $200!!! :wub: Insane! :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#19 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:52 AM

I currently have no Holy Grails. I need a handful of Gi Joes from non-US lands, tons of vehicle parts...but that's about it. I believe I have found all of the grails that I've ever wanted.

DoctorKent
http://doctorkent.tripod.com
The Home of Rocks and Bugs and Things
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#20 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:25 AM

I really really want UM 9-12.

And Spawn III. I'm still kicking my self for not getting him when I had the chance.

http://mcfarlane.com...&product=spawn3
Posted Image

#21 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 05:47 PM

I got 3 things I desire to get:

6.5 Mars Figure
Red Chase Mars figure from series 5 (yak yak we all know Im such a dorky fan)
Series 9-12

Hey I need 9-12 because I need proof for my buddies that Mars is AKIA's favorite gay uncle! :lol:

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#22 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 06:10 PM

I got 3 things I desire to get:

6.5 Mars Figure
Red Chase Mars figure from series 5 (yak yak we all know Im such a dorky fan)
Series 9-12

Hey I need 9-12 because I need proof for my buddies that Mars is AKIA's favorite gay uncle! :lol:

actually, the red one is the normal one, and the silver one is the chase version. Dont really matter to me though, since I got 2 of each pack (so that I could get both normal and silver figures.

Posted Image

#23 Uo-ZUMAN

Uo-ZUMAN

Leo Saint Aioria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:30 PM

the holy grail of my toy collection is the kinkeshi in my signature, i can't find it anywhere, does anyone here know anybody who owns it?
man i want it. oh well maybe someday.
Posted Image

#24 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 09:28 AM

So far the holy grails of my collection is: Mekaneck, Ram-Man, Two-Bad, Man-E-Faces, Buzz-Off, and Evil-Lynn. I can't find them anywhere. :lol:

#25 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:11 AM

my holy grails would have to be

Dragon warrior 4
final fantasy
and my top loading NES

not in that order
all stuff i have had as a kid and all very rare now in some peoples eyes.
ad yes i consider NES a toy :p
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com