Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

POLL: FAC 21, MUSCLE Zombies!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: FAC 21, MUSCLE ZOMBIES (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote!

1. Ericnilla- Terrifying Trio (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

2. Ericnilla- Falling Zombies Comic (7 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

3. Ghost Lion- Scooby M.U.S.C.L.E. (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

4. l.designs- Custom Zombies (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

5. Reccoom Kaboom- M.U.S.C.L.E. Zombie Tessellation (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

6. Scumdogg- Muscleman vs. The Nazi Zombies (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

7. Tortle- Zombie Claw (7 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

8. Universal Ruler Supreme- Meat Machine (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

Better late than never, welcome to the Poll for Fan Art Challenge 21, M.U.S.C.L.E. Zombies! You've got seven days to vote for your favorite, which as always looks to be easier said than done! :D

1. Ericnilla- Terrifying Trio
Attached File  ericnilla_buffalomanzombie.jpg   759.43K   34 downloads Attached File  ericnilla_zombiezcolored.jpg   395.62K   30 downloads
Attached File  ericnilla_zombielionlightson.jpg   349.16K   21 downloads

2. Ericnilla- Falling Zombies Comic
Attached File  ericnilla_fallingzombies.jpg   1.02MB   44 downloads

3. Ghost Lion- Scooby M.U.S.C.L.E.
Attached File  ghost_lion_scooby_doo.jpg   248.5K   26 downloads

4. l.designs- Custom Zombies
Attached File  l_designs_KIF_5062.JPG   507.67K   28 downloads Be sure to check out individual shots of the figures HERE!

5. Reccoom Kaboom- M.U.S.C.L.E. Zombie Tessellation
Attached File  reccoom_kaboom_muscletesselation.jpg   120.49K   25 downloads

6. Scumdogg- Muscleman vs. The Nazi Zombies
Attached File  scumdogg_Nazi_Zombies_Resized.jpg   178.24K   30 downloads

7. Tortle- Zombie Claw
Attached File  tortle_zombieclaw.jpg   201.1K   42 downloads

8. Universal Ruler Supreme- Meat Machine
Attached File  Universal_Ruler_Supreme_meatmachine.jpg   18.92K   13 downloads

Edited by Scumdogg, 06 June 2009 - 07:54 PM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#2 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for running the contests... starting to realize the attraction here! Yeah thanks for the time & effort :D

Just noticed without the individual shots seen here you miss a chunk of the gags to the pieces......

#3 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

There are so many cool entries. I usually don't care much for Zombies or zombie related material, but there are just some very fun entries in this month.

I'd comment on everyone's, but I'll let Veers do that. :D I will have to vote for I.designs customs though. I feel that you did a grand job resurrecting what would have mostly otherwise been useless figures. Theres alot of different stuff in your set that is just very nifty and noticeable. I thought the knife behind the announcers back was great! Really you made that hidden hand just pop out as useful. I though Mixer Taitai was great too with his grinding zombie effect. And I have to say I'm particularly fond of the Transformer decoys and their rusty look. I could actually see a group of zombie like TFs giving the Autobots and Decepticons trouble causing them to team up for a short time. :)

Good job and thanks for bringing something fun and tangible to the table. :)

Posted Image

#4 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for running the contests... starting to realize the attraction here! Yeah thanks for the time & effort :D

Just noticed without the individual shots seen here you miss a chunk of the gags to the pieces......

Oh man, i'm sorry! I meant to link to that post in the poll so people could check out the individual shots, didn't mean to short you. I'll edit that in now! :)
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#5 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

Oh man, i'm sorry! I meant to link to that post in the poll so people could check out the individual shots, didn't mean to short you. I'll edit that in now! :)

Well I dropped the link... wasn't tryin to complain. Like I said I am just grateful someone is doing this at all to encourage me to do something I might not normally think of.

Thanks,

Luke

#6 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Wow, you guys are amazing! I am never short of stunned when I sit back and look at the art that ends up in these contests. EN the Buffalo man zombie is truly a fantastic piece of art, I love it. l.designs your paint applications are amazing, and I know that took quite a bit of time. Ultimately though, I had to go with Tortle on this one. Not only because its the claw, but that is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. Great work!

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

Very Impressive Guy's , Great Stuff :)
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#8 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

All of them are awesome! I had to go with my dog on this one, Scumdogg that is. The unique, creative idea, plus the awesome finished product equals my vote. :)

I loved the concept of Eric's zombie comic, but it only seemed half done. If it would have been in finished form, it would have been a toss up between that and Scummy's piece for my vote.

Edited by Soupie, 07 June 2009 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

...I loved the concept of Eric's zombie comic, but it only seemed half done. If it would have been in finished form, it would have been a toss up between that and Scummy's piece for my vote.

eh... other than coloring it, thats all i was going for. plus i specifically simplified the art a bit. im still gonna color it but it seems like a daunting task so im scared to start. =]

#10 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

Awesome work guys! So awesome, I can't figure out who to vote for.... yet. :lol:

#11 Blitzwulf

Blitzwulf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

Wow. Some really great talent being displayed here! Every piece is really well-done, and well planned. You guys are really stepping it up, and that is just beyond awesome. I had a tough time deciding, but I went with Tortle's zombie claw. That piece just screams at me.

Really awesome work by everyone, please keep it up!

A zombie cheer: "What do we want?!"

"...BRAaains."

"When do we want'em?!"

"...BRAains."

#12 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

I darn well had to have a coin flip to decide between Ghost Lions "Scooby M.u.s.c.l.e" and Scumdoggs "Muscleman vs. The Nazi Zombies".

Seriously Scumdoggs entry blew me away but I decided to go with Ghost Lions "Scooby M.u.s.c.l.e." because it was a lot of fun plus it featured Wally Tusket.
Although that look on Kinnikumans face almost put it over. What were you going for Scumdogg on that expression?

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

What were you going for Scumdogg on that expression?

Perturbed and/or inconvenienced. :D
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

16 more votes to go... come on people.

#15 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

This was by far the best contest yet. All of you went above and beyond. :D

When all of the art started rolling in. I thought to myself,man this is going to be a tuffy.

In the end. I had to go with Eric's terrifying trio. I guess on piece in general. The Kinnikuman piece,I just love it to death.
It almost riminds me of what I am going to look like,when I finally get to complete my Master M.U.S.C.L.E set. <_<
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

Two more days to vote! Dooo eeeeet!!!!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#17 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

I finally have time to look at these and, as always, I am blown away.

Ericnilla- Terrifying Trio
Very cool. I was most excited to see Eric's coloring. It totally exceeded my expectations. Looking at the pieces my favorite were MUSCLE Man and the Lion. Terri-Bull didn't do much for me. I think I liked MUSCLE Man and the Lion because they had more character, which was a result of the little things. I like the shorts and boots being too big and MUSCLE Man standing knock kneed. The cough from the Lion was perfect too. It seemed plucked from moving picture.

Ericnilla- Falling Zombies Comic
This is probably the most fun piece I can remember Eric entering. I love the Garbage Pail Kid and Army Ants. I also thought it was a very cool zombie-Sunshine. The fun is much higher than the Terrifying Trio, but it doesn't compare to the completeness of the previous entry.

Ghost Lion- Scooby M.U.S.C.L.E.
There were three very specific things I loved about this piece: (1) the idea; (2) MUSCLE Man as Shaggy; and (3) Meat as Velma. I am always impressed when I see a character made thinner or fatter while still being easily identifiable. I was surprised that Meat worked so well as Velma. I'm also surprised that I can't even figure out why it works so well. Nicely done!

l.designs- Custom Zombies
I think some of those figures were figures I sent! Right? Regardless, they are simply amazing. I am probably the most impressed with the Transformer Zombies. To make those little rubber guys look metallic and zombie-ish is just plain impressive. The other impressive part is the volume of quality work. It's not like there are one or two good ones, there are a dozen amazing figures. No matter what toyline you collect, you should have at least one l.designs figure in you collection.

Reccoom Kaboom- M.U.S.C.L.E. Zombie Tessellation
This gets a perfect 10 in the creativity department. I can't even imagine the level of frustration trying to figure out or complete this piece. I haven't looked at the voting, but my gut tells me no matter the number of votes this gets – it won't properly represent the creativity and originality of this piece.

Scumdogg- Muscleman vs. The Nazi Zombies
Just like it was cool to see Eric push into new territory with his colorings, it is cool to see Scumdogg push into less overtly playful pieces. I've mentioned this in other contests, but I think this is the first time I'm going to mention it for a Scumdogg piece. I only like the Nazi zombie, the rest of the stuff could fade away. In fact, I think it detracts from the Nazi zombie.

Tortle- Zombie Claw
Nate's stuff always looks great. My favorite part is the dangling finger tip. This is the kind of design that could end up on a popular t-shirt – ultimately haunting each kid that sees it.

Universal Ruler Supreme- Meat Machine
Ok, maybe I'm not "blown away" with this one – but URS gets a hell of a lot credit for entering. It makes me think of Futurama mixed with Krang from TMNT. I'm actually most impressed with the mechanic legs. They look surprisingly symmetrically and accurate.

My vote had to go to l.designs. It was the originality, quantity, and most importantly quality. Those things just looked awesome. And the contest was called "MUSCLE Zombies" – the guy actually made MUSCLE Zombies!

Thanks to everyone for entering! This is always so much fun to look at and enjoy! :D

#18 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

Scumdogg- Muscleman vs. The Nazi Zombies
Just like it was cool to see Eric push into new territory with his colorings, it is cool to see Scumdogg push into less overtly playful pieces. I've mentioned this in other contests, but I think this is the first time I'm going to mention it for a Scumdogg piece. I only like the Nazi zombie, the rest of the stuff could fade away. In fact, I think it detracts from the Nazi zombie.

I specifically went with black and white in response to Eric's shift to color, that was definitely an inspiration for me to try something new as well. I agree with you completely about the overall piece though, i don't feel like i got exactly what i was going for out of it. Except for the lettering though, i did do this one on the couch at Boston Stoker the day it was due. :D

My vote in this one comes down to a toss-up between Eric's first three pieces and l.designs' horde of awesome customs. I still can't even decide, but i dont' think i'm going to specify which one i vote for in case it literally does come to flipping a coin. :D
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#19 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Yes Veers some or all of those were the ones I got from you so long ago....

I still have yet to attempt what I originally planned when I was gathering busted M.U.S.C.L.E.s, then when this challenge came up it was the perfect opportunity to make use of all my broken toys. I was working on a handful more but time was up too soon, or I didn't get started early enough or something.

Thanks for a;ll the kind words guys! This challenge was a lot of fun & I will probably go ahead and finish the remaining ones in the future & maybe even do more here & there for fun.

Thanks again,

Luke

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

This was supposed to end yesterday, but we've got our first-ever (i think?) tie!

Ericnilla and Tortle are both sitting at 7 votes right now...

FAC 21, MUSCLE ZOMBIES
Ericnilla- Terrifying Trio [ 2 ] ** [6.67%]
Ericnilla- Falling Zombies Comic [ 7 ] ** [23.33%]
Ghost Lion- Scooby M.U.S.C.L.E. [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
l.designs- Custom Zombies [ 6 ] ** [20.00%]
Reccoom Kaboom- M.U.S.C.L.E. Zombie Tessellation [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
Scumdogg- Muscleman vs. The Nazi Zombies [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
Tortle- Zombie Claw [ 7 ] ** [23.33%]
Universal Ruler Supreme- Meat Machine [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 30
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:06 AM

Only 30 votes though. :wub:

Congrats guys! PM me and I'll split the $10 GC for you guys.

#22 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

Only 30 votes though. :wub:

Congrats guys! PM me and I'll split the $10 GC for you guys.

Well i was going to suggest pistols at dawn, but this works too. Show's over guys! Congrats to Eric and Tortle, and thanks to everyone who participated!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#23 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

Someone better close the voting as i just voted without realising the comp was over - i did not have enough time this month with one thing or another to enter, which is a shame as i love zombies - i voted for Reccom Kabooms piece - i just love it and that is that.

Edited by musclemenkids, 14 June 2009 - 10:11 AM.

"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

weird. only 30 votes...

#25 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

hmmm... every time i got on there was something in the shout box about voting. maybe there's just been a lull in the board activity lately.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com