#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

POPULAR

http://www.littlerubberguides.com/

The natural evolution of the old Battle Beasts guide/checklist application! I made it a lot easier to duplicate for other toylines and added a few new features. There is a lot more planned for it as well.

As it sits, the accounts and price history from the first BB/LB guide have been imported in and are functional. So if you had an account on there, it will work here, too. All you need to do is log in with your old username/password, go to your Control Panel and change your email. Once verified, all your prices will filter back into your account. If there are old entries in your collection, you can just inactivate them to keep it current.

If you didn't have an account on the old guide, there is nothing to stop you from signing up for an account on the new one. Accounts will be valid across all guides, and you will be able to track your collections in one spot.

The next step will be merging in all the MUSCLEDB.com data to get the M.U.S.C.L.E. guide going.

After that, I have a long list of features that I have to add in. If you think of something you would like to see, by all means, let me know, and I will try to code it in.

So yes, my 5+ year labor of love has finally made it online! I hope that it is a useful tool for you guys. Sign up, test it out, enjoy!

P.S. as you can see, I have 6 different guides to start with (Battle Beasts, Gormiti, Kinnikuman, Muscle, Monster In My Pocket, Spinjas), BB being the only one currently active. If you are a passionate collector of any of those (or of another line) and are interested in building and managing one, let me know.

#2 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

dude, you've done an amazing job with that site dude, im loving it :D

congrats man :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#3 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Simply put, this is amazing! It looks great! :woot:

I'm curious, what is involved in managing one of the other toy lines? I may be interested in the MUSCLE line. Also, I think an Exogini section would be cool too and depending on the workload I may consider taking that on as well.

Could you provide a few more details around what it takes to build/manage a section?

Edited by Biffard, 23 April 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#4 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Good idea! Will there be an area for each toy line that has multiple figure auction results, or will it be per figure auction price results?

#5 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

kick ass man! Looks good thus far!

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm curious, what is involved in managing one of the other toy lines?
Could you provide a few more details around what it takes to build/manage a section?

I just picked up a screen recording program so I can make some tutorial videos and post them on Youtube for reference. I should have the Moderator one done this evening. In a nutshell, for each guide, you need to create a banner image, an icon image and possibly category images (if there are no category images it will use the guides default icon image). After that, set up the guide description and different categories. Add in a few attributes (which will be set up per toyline, i.e. Japanese Name, Released in Europe, Released in Japan, Released in USA, Weapon Name, etc) Then you can start building the figure records. Once you have enough figure records and images and you are comfortable with the database, you turn the guide to active and people can start using it.

Good idea! Will there be an area for each toy line that has multiple figure auction results, or will it be per figure auction price results?

Yes, that is a piece that I am still coding. I don't think it will be done for at least a month though.

#7 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Liking what's up there so far. It will be truly kick-ass in finished form!

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#8 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

This looks promising. I'm excited to see it finished. :clapping:

#9 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

I was working on a gormiti one so might be intetested. You have been going on about this for a while its nice to see the fruits of your loin.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#10 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

I just picked up a screen recording program so I can make some tutorial videos and post them on Youtube for reference. I should have the Moderator one done this evening. In a nutshell, for each guide, you need to create a banner image, an icon image and possibly category images (if there are no category images it will use the guides default icon image). After that, set up the guide description and different categories. Add in a few attributes (which will be set up per toyline, i.e. Japanese Name, Released in Europe, Released in Japan, Released in USA, Weapon Name, etc) Then you can start building the figure records. Once you have enough figure records and images and you are comfortable with the database, you turn the guide to active and people can start using it.

This is probably a dumb question, but when you make it active can it still be updated?

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

This is probably a dumb question, but when you make it active can it still be updated?

Yes. Active just turns it on for end users access, instead of just moderators.

#12 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I was working on a gormiti one so might be intetested. You have been going on about this for a while its nice to see the fruits of your loin.

Could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure you meant labor?

#13 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure you meant labor?

Shhh... I was thinking labour but typed loin for some reason.

Edited by Aikola, 29 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Shhh... I was thinking labor but typed loin for some reason.

Shhhhh. I do some of my best coding late at night when I am alone. ;)

:lol:

#15 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Oh god, we're talking about penises again, aren't we?

:frown:

#16 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

really cool
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#17 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Two things come to mind: one, why is the price guide still going to rely on prices people paid for these figures ten or however many years ago? I was never one to use the guides to gauge prices in the first place, but using much older prices does seem odd. It'd be like relying Tomart or any of the dead toy magazine price guides in 2012.

The second is a very minor one, but it's odd that I have to look at the bottom of the BB category to actually find the BB series. If there's a way to rearrange categories so that the first three series and Laser Beasts are on first instead of bootlegs, that would be great. Categories would look better being organized by relevance, not alphabetical order.

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

1. To be able to keep accurate pricing, it requires people to input what they pay for their figures. The price breakdown is a 6 month average, unless there are less than x entries in 6 months. Then it falls tot he last x entries. Once people start recording new prices, it will fix itself.

2. Default is alphabetical, but yes, there is a spot in the DB for manually ordering the categories, I just don't have it functional yet. Actually, I don't even have anyone willing to mod that guide yet either. :(

#19 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Is there a place for links (Ebay)? Are people going to be required some kind of evidence of the price? I would recommend this for anything over $100, or get a group consensus.

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yes, when you record a sale, it will let you enter the auction number if it is ebay. From there, I will build in a way to screenshot the final auction for future reference. People can still enter any number they like, but whether or not it is verified or not will allow for some scrutiny.

#21 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

awesome idea :woot:

#22 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yes, when you record a sale, it will let you enter the auction number if it is ebay. From there, I will build in a way to screenshot the final auction for future reference. People can still enter any number they like, but whether or not it is verified or not will allow for some scrutiny.

Good, but I still think the group should come to some kind of consensus that if it reaches a certain dollar amount, evidence has to be provided.

#23 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

1. To be able to keep accurate pricing, it requires people to input what they pay for their figures. The price breakdown is a 6 month average, unless there are less than x entries in 6 months. Then it falls tot he last x entries. Once people start recording new prices, it will fix itself.

2. Default is alphabetical, but yes, there is a spot in the DB for manually ordering the categories, I just don't have it functional yet. Actually, I don't even have anyone willing to mod that guide yet either. :(

That's actually a clever way to have a record for prices of some kind in the case of rarer pieces that don't get sold as frequently. Very cool!

Sorry Jon, I'm not really invested enough in BB that I should be curating its database! Gormiti sure, or maybe MIMP, but it's been a long time since I gave up Zariganian and Cutthroat Cuttlefish.

#24 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Logged in with my old Beastformers account
.........finaly remembered my password.

Found an error report!.......( I think? )
I entered an amount I was willing to pay for an item
and it gave me an error report.
I tried again only this time I omitted the $ in front of the amount
and it loged in the item ok.
So I guess we don't put in the $ when entering an amount?

'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#25 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Logged in with my old Beastformers account
.........finaly remembered my password.

Found an error report!.......( I think? )
I entered an amount I was willing to pay for an item
and it gave me an error report.
I tried again only this time I omitted the $ in front of the amount
and it loged in the item ok.
So I guess we don't put in the $ when entering an amount?

Yep, no $ symbols. I need to code in a way to strip those out. Thanks for catching that!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com