• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

I'm looking for some new and original Buffaloman art!

$25 for the winner!

Subject: Buffaloman

Medium: Anything, but it has to be something large enough that I can either frame or print and frame.

If it is something other than digital, the winner will need to send me the art in the mail. Digital and I can just print it!

Good luck guys!

#2 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

Sounds good. My entry will be digital, but this site allows you to do cool things like print on canvas as if it were painted traditionally. http://www.uprinting.com/

#3 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:55 PM

Here is the breakdown of FAC history:

8 pics = Kevin Mayle (FAC1,FAC2,FAC3,FAC4,FAC5)
8 pics = Reccoom Kaboom (FAC1,FAC2,FAC4)
6 pics = Universal Supreme Ruler (FAC1,FAC2,FAC3)
5 pics = Ericnilla (FAC3,FAC4,FAC5)
4 pics = Tortle (FAC1,FAC2,FAC3,FAC4)
4 pics = Czarcher (FAC1,FAC2)
2 pics = WhileLeo (FAC3)
1 pics = Soupie (FAC1)
1 pics = meatcutta78 (FAC1)
1 pics = Ghost Lion (FAC2)
1 pics = Scumdogg (FAC5)

5 FACs = 11 Artists = 41 pictures

FAC1 = 7 participants
FAC2 = 6 participants
FAC3 = 6 participants
FAC4 = 5 participants
FAC5 = 3 participants

#4 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

Eh-Hem.
I might be able to do a Buffaloman piece. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:21 PM

what are the size regulations for this art~? i have a tendency to draw small.

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

Buffaloman is so artist friendly, that I may just have to do a few myself. :) I always stick to page sized pics.

Posted Image

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

what are the size regulations for this art~? i have a tendency to draw small.

8.5 x 11 is fine.

#8 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

As always Johnny,you're gonna get a 22x28 piece from me. :)

#9 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

I'm on it. I do have one quick question, although i am somewhat ashamed to ask it. I love the toys but i've never really had the opportunity to read the manga or watch the series... Why is it that sometimes i see Buffaloman with two horns intact, and sometimes one is broken? I feel the need to seek some education on the character before setting out to draw him.

*hangs head in shame*

Edited by Scumdogg, 01 January 2008 - 02:59 PM.

Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#10 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

I'm on it. I do have one quick question, although i am somewhat ashamed to ask it. I love the toys but i've never really had the opportunity to read the manga or watch the series... Why is it that sometimes i see Buffaloman with two horns intact, and sometimes one is broken? I feel the need to seek some education on the character before setting out to draw him.

*hangs head in shame*

You left out, why is he flesh colored sometimes, dark tan sometimes, and bright red other times.

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

*hangs head in shame*

You left out, why is he flesh colored sometimes, dark tan sometimes, and bright red other times.

That too.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

one of Buffaloman's horns was broken off in a battle with Warsman, then in the fight with Kinnikuman we learn that Buffaloman has hidden scars all over his body representing all the foes he has destroyed while under the power of Satan. Each scar increases his power and he then uses these scars to collect into his remaining horn to make it larger and more powerful to defeat Kinnikuman. Then in the battle Buffaloman decides to break free of Satan and ends up breaking his horn off himself in order to save meat's head from being fried. Meat is the little big headed fellow who has NIKU on his shirt. So then we see Buffy without horns. He later becomes a good guy and has artificial horns which he can remove and clean if need be. :lol: Hope that makes sense....

OH!!! And he also has a 10,000,000 power level. His skin tone becomes darker the higher he raises his level, until he raises it the full 10 million at which point he becomes red. Any other color differences would only be due to difference in artist renditions from manga covers or the anime.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. :lol:

Posted Image

#13 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

Well, this wasn't really the style i was planning on, just kinda came out as a surprise doodle while i was working. Liked it though, so i decided to finish it up. :sweat: Medium is Micron pens with Prismacolor pencils and markers, on 8.5X11" paper.

Posted Image

Edited by Scumdogg, 10 January 2008 - 10:52 AM.

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#14 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:05 PM

I have a strong feeling I'm gonna like all the enties in this contest. :sweat:

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

Dude Scummy! That's sweet! I was trying to think of a similar style to do him in, but I couldn't put get it the way my brain was wanting it! Good job! Well executed. :sweat:

Posted Image

#16 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

Dude Scummy! That's sweet! I was trying to think of a similar style to do him in, but I couldn't put get it the way my brain was wanting it! Good job! Well executed. :o

Thanks. :o I had the opposite problem, heh. I've got a pile of sketches with much more traditional proportions that i kept abandoning, i guess this just needed to come out first. So now i might have to go back and see what i can do with those other ones...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the other entries on this, the more i look at him, even in my only convenient reference material (1.5" of pink plastic :sweat:), he's just a ridiculously good-looking character. Lots of fun to draw.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#17 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

I finished one of the other sketches i had. Okay, i'm done now. I think. :sweat:

Posted Image
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#18 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

Very cool style executed very well, Scumdogg!

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:34 AM

Very cool style executed very well, Scumdogg!

i agree. cool man... your style really reminds me of something but i cant pin point it. hopefully i'll get something done this month... for some reason im not really in the mood to draw right now. too much going on. we'll see.

Edited by Ericnilla, 11 January 2008 - 07:38 AM.

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Much appreciated. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

I couldn't put get it the way my brain was wanting it!

Me too URS ! That's my problem with doing art these days. Getting a decent sketch of what I want/am invisioning is the hardest part. Once I get a sketch that's good enough,then the real fun starts ! I love inking,and coloring sketches.
My idea for this contest was looking to be a tough task,but yesterday I put down a decent enough sketch. So after I go to town inking it,I hope the final product is good enough to get some votes. :lol:

#22 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:52 PM

Okay, here's mine. It's dimensions are 18x24 inches. I decided to make it only in black and white... I really liked its dramatic look after inking it, and I just didn't have the heart to color it. Sharp-eyed Batman/Superman fans will notice that it was inspired by a shot from Batman/Superman #29.

Attached Files

#23 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

Cool Nate !
I've been working on mine all day,and I'm still not even close to being done. Serves me right I guess for working on 22x28.

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

Okay, here's mine. It's dimensions are 18x24 inches. I decided to make it only in black and white... I really liked its dramatic look after inking it, and I just didn't have the heart to color it. Sharp-eyed Batman/Superman fans will notice that it was inspired by a shot from Batman/Superman #29.

nice perspective. i really like it. :ph34r: ive drawn 4 already but i've trashed them all. i cant keep my attention on one drawing, and nothing gets finished :lol:

#25 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

Aces! I really like that. The angle is great, and i love the sharp black linework. What do you ink with?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com