#1 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 12:15 PM

I was just thinking...

With a Satancross appearing almost every week, sometimes more so...

IS HE REALLY AS RARE AS WE THOUGHT?

Maybe he is not rare at all, maybe just a discontinued flesh colored figure who was therefore never made in any colors. I'm thinking he was made in the beginning in large numbers like all the others, and then production on him was halted.

If you think about it, #189 is more uncommon than Satancross. He rarely shows up at all. Satancross is in another lot on ebay much more often, really!!! :blink:

Am I right? B)

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 12:28 PM

I have plenty of #189s, but only two Satan Crosses. I wouldn't really consider him rare, just less common than the other figures. Satan Cross was probably discontinued relatively early in the line, but still, there's plenty of him floating around. I think he, like all the other MUSCLEs, was a mass-produced toy... meaning uncountable thousands of him were made so it's difficult to really say that he's "rare".

-Nathan

#3 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 12:51 PM

Nathan,

Do you have any more colored #189's that you would like to trade/sell?

:blink:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#4 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 02:12 PM

I think the perception of his rarity comes from his not being pictured on the poster, more than his actual short-packing......

sure, he didn't come out in color, but he might've been part of the gang right through the original flesh colored line.....

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 02:17 PM

could well be that they produced him like any other muscle and when it came to the production of the coloured muscles they just used the poster as a template. i wish someone from mattel would clear up this whole matter. i asked jeeves but he was as helpful as an umbrella in a tidal wave.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 06:50 PM

I think the perception of his rarity comes from his not being pictured on the poster, more than his actual short-packing......

That's an important point... the "perception" of his rarity. All these toys were mass produced in the thousands, so none of them are really rare.

For example, probably the rarest (non variation) vintage Star Wars figure is Yak Face. Yak Face was only produced overseas and in the POTF line which was really brief anyway. Yet everytime you go on Ebay, there are at least six or seven of them:

Vintage Yak Face Auctions

If he's so rare, why can you buy one anytime you want (if you're willing to shell out the bucks, that is)? That's because he's not really "rare". Thousands of Yak Faces are floating around out there right now. Sometimes I don't understand the toy collector mentality...

-Nathan

#7 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 02:38 AM

i had a yakface because i lived in the uk and so did most of my friends but it was only when people realised he wasn't available in the usa that he became rare and his price went up! it seems stupid because if you live in the uk you have to pay over the odds for a yakface that was as widely available as any other figure.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#8 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 15 October 2002 - 05:21 AM

Its worth what the highest bidder will pay and unfortanetly there are to many collectors out there with more money then sense.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com