3 replies to this topic

#1 john452

john452

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Does anyone know what these are or have any they are willing to part with? They are 2 1/4" tall and made out of plastic. As can be seen, the backs say CHINA and then have a number underneath. I think this means that there are 8 different aliens (since the highest number is 8 but there could be a 9 and 10 for all I know). I suspect these are from the '90s but '80s or even 21st century is also a possibility. I got them last year in a random lot of aliens on ebay. I would love to know what these things are called in the package they came in, or get more.

Attached Files

#2 oOMoSOo

oOMoSOo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Toys,art,more toys,dr.who

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

I don't think the number refers directly to which sculpt you have, I work in manufacturing and the tools (the mold they cast in) have identification numbers that are in the mold cavity to show which mold the part came from. Often they have more than one cavity for the same sculpt and depending on the quantity to be produced they will have multiple molds. Doesn't help narrow down your search, but I just wouldn't count on the number to show you how many sculpts there may have been. :)

Good luck on your hunt!

#3 john452

john452

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for that information. I wasn't sure about it. I do have a "double" of one of them in a different color but with the same number.

#4 Blackened

Blackened

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

pretty cute i dig the design!

tumblr_m04tm5E8Ry1qzq6omo1_500.gif

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com