#1 JackBurton

JackBurton

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:55 AM

Hey everyone,

So I've just been asked to write a retrospective on this series for a magazine. I have a pretty good knowledge of the series and its history from growing up with it and collecting them the last few years but I want to find out some bits that arnt on the wiki or that commonly known

Since its a retrospective its a lot of history of the series, which is readily availble fourntunatly, but I'm going to post here and ask some questions when I need info or hit a roadblock

In the mean time I'd like some information about playsets or any other interesting facts that I could add in here and there

Any input at all will be really appreciated, thanks everyone!

#2 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

There's plenty of us on here that can give information, but what magazine is this going in exactly?

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

I mean, if you're doing research, there are lots of really informative threads on this subforum that should provide lots of information. You will obviously know what you are specifically looking for better than we would.

Echo: What magazine is this for?

#4 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:47 AM

I have done a ton of research on the original Monster In My Pocket line and know lots of interesting and less commonly known info and trivia (much of which is not listed online anywhere or is only listed incorrectly). I also have a personal library of rare pictures and text relating to the series, including pictures of the very rarest and most obscure MIMP merchandise and some unreleased items too. But since I'm guessing you're getting paid to write this article, I would not be willing to help you out for free. If you're looking for a paid advisor send me a private message. I'm a qualified/professional researcher by the way.

Edited by theassassin, 29 August 2016 - 01:53 AM.

#5 JackBurton

JackBurton

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. Its going to be published in Strange Kids Club magazine. Hopefully sometime this Autumn.

I'm by no means a professional writer/researcher. I was asked to do this because I have an ongoing series on my instagram highlighing a different MIMP each monday. The username is @lazersteak if anyone is interested in taking a look. There's zero monday involved on my end, so I'm just doing it because I think it will be really fun to highlight such an awesome series.

Its definetly not going to be the definitive guide so I wont really be touching too much on the regional varients because I dont want to open up a can of worms. But I would really like some good info on series 2 and 3 and why they are so hard to come by

Thanks

#6 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

Oh yeh I recognise the IG name - you messaged me about MIMP on there, I'm @_bigburty_ of course :thumbsup:

#7 JackBurton

JackBurton

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

Ah sure I didnt even cop the username, how you doing pal?

I must ask a few folks around here for some spare MIMP for the orders, be amazed how fast they whittle down

#8 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

Its definetly not going to be the definitive guide so I wont really be touching too much on the regional varients because I dont want to open up a can of worms. But I would really like some good info on series 2 and 3 and why they are so hard to come by

Welcome to the board bud. You sure came to the right place if you need info on all things MIMP.

Although I should start out by saying that Series 2 figures aren't hard to come by. Unless of course your'e talking about the banned figures (i.e. Herne and Ganesha). But even those two turn up quite frequently on eBay, just some colours are more elusive than others.

The third series however, that's an entirely different kettle of fish!

Because they were only partially released as premiums in Canada & the USA, they're highly sought after by collectors worldwide. Collecting them makes it a mighty expensive hobby as prices vary drastically from one figure to the next. Bare in mind, only nine figures out of 24 ever made it to production. Some info regarding these missing critters exists, feel free to check out Federicco's "15 missing figures project" to find out more. Other than that, they originally existed in the form of trading cards.

Here's some really useful sites for future reference; http://www.raumhafen...cket - Series 3

http://www.toyarchiv...IMPSeries4.html

http://monsterinmypo...nknown_Monsters

Hope this helps!!  :)

"Ant"

#9 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

Sounds cool. I would be glad to help out. I have one of the biggest collections around. IG is @paul.sewell.14

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monster in my pocket

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com