6 replies to this topic

#1 panzerpanda

panzerpanda

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

I recently found my old childhood collection of battle beasts, and Im thinking of selling them as a lot. I wanted to find out what it all might be worth, and to see if anyone here would be interested in buying or trading for them. 

There are 57 total beasts, 2 chariots, 2 incomplete playsets, plus the poster (which I had no idea I even had! It was never even hung on a wall or anything!).

37 have rubsigns, 2 of which are in poor condition. 15 are complete with weapons, and there are 2 weapons for figures I dont have (tarsier tyrant and manic mandrill). There are quite a few duplicates, and one set of triplicates. There is also the orange variant of the gorilla which I see is a rare one. Also as the title says, 21 of the 24 series 3 figures are here, which almost makes a complete set. 

I've only recently begun collecting GI Joes and so I'm looking to get rid of some other collectible toys such as these guys to fund that endeavor. So if anyone wants to trade for a Terror Drome that would be awesome. Of course I have no idea if this collection is worth anything near that so any estimates would be appreciated. Thanks guys, 

Attached Files

Edited by panzerpanda, 28 August 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

If you were to sell the whole lot. maybe 4 bucks each.. if you sold them one by one. on FeeBay. 5-10 depending  if they have weapons and rubs, and if there series 3. they fetch a tad morn. but not much..  the penguin seems to be the most sought after most of the time. so he maybe fetch 15-20 depending on who's army building.

I got a bunch of joes that are in need of a new rubber band .  i would trade them for beasts . lmk

Brown chicken , brown cow

#3 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

Like Matlock above already mentioned it´ll mainly depend upon the way your planning to sell them. Obviously the average prices will stay lower when you plan to list them as a lot in relation to selling everything one by one but that´ll be a time spending procedure so it depends a little which way your willing to go.

I have no clue what that Terror Dome your looking for would be worth so guess you can tell yourself or someone else out here will but I´ll be able to give you a fair and realistic estimate of what you have here when it comes to your BB collection. First of all let´s start, as always, saying that condition is crucial and this will probably also go for the Terror Dome your looking for so figures in good and complete condition will be worth quite a bit more than figures with issues like paint damage, missing rubsigns, etc.

When it comes to the 57 Beasts you have the good thing is that most of them are from Serie 3 which are figures that are less common than the Series 1 and 2 so in good condition on average they´re around $10 each at least when complete with weapon. 20 are missing the rub and 2 are in less condition so it´s save to say these are around $5 each. All 15 weapons you have belong to Serie 3 Beasts but saddly not all of the figures who have a weapon still have their rubsign so that makes it a bit tougher. So before we start going into complicated and to detailled calculations I think it is pretty fair to go with an estimate of $6.5-$7 each for the 57 Beasts in which case the ones complete with weapon and rub will obviously represent most of the value. This makes a price of around $370-$400 IF you decide to take the time listing them separately this should be a realistic goal. When listed as a lot I don´t see them go over $4-$4.5 each since the average condition is to diverse for a solid average price a figure. The Orange Gorilla variant who seems to be in good condition might hit higher and the same goes for some individual Serie 3 figs like the Penguins but that´s already taken in account with the averages mentioned above because some Serie 1 figs without rub might only be worth a few bucks IF they sell.

Prices of the Vehicles and Playsets tend to vary quite a bit but for the 4 you have there $75-$100 for them would be a reasonable price to get, here it also depends on whether you decide to list them as a lot in which case you´d have to think more towards the $75 price or whether you decide to list them individual in which case the $100 might become an option in case the right bidders show up. Most important thing with the playsets in order to get a fair price is their completeness and that´s impossible to tell at the moment.

The Poster you have is the Canadian version as it is bilingual (EN/FR) and that might be worth around $35-$50 for the right buyer.

So to summarize I think its fair to say your lot as such and in this condition will be worth anywhere from $350-$550 where the higher numbers will only be an option in case you find either the right buyer or list them all one by one. At this moment I think its fair to keep in mind the market is very uncertain so to be safe even keep in mind a difference of $100 in relation to the lowest price mentioned which means it could also be $250 for all but that´s a minimim price you should fetch for sure.

Hope this helped.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#4 panzerpanda

panzerpanda

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for your help guys! If there is anything pictured here that youre interested in let me know!

#5 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

Are you located in Canada? Im in southern ontario, (near Toronto), and woukd like that blazing eagle playset. Prefer to avoid shipping costs if possible
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#6 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

id take the poster and a few figs off your hands,

#7 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

That's a lot of BB's! Obviously your parents loved you more than mine loved me ;)

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com