#1 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I think that, when it comes to LRG, I've done a pretty good job of not making it obvious what things I actively collect. Yeah, there's always that MUSCLE #154 in purple it seems like I'll never get, but you don't see me normally joining in discussions on what I buy on a regular basis. Nobody ever seemed to care, so I let sleeping dogs lie.

I can't stay silent about this toyline.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is S.H. MonsterArts, a new Bandai toyline of fully-articulated giant monsters. Godzilla himself was only just released last month, MechaGodzilla 1993 came out last week, and SpaceGodzilla is planned for release in March. The releases seem like they'll be relatively spread out from this point onward, and that makes sense. MonstarArts are expensive, for their size and comparison to the Godzilla vinyls that have been around since the 80s, but they're worth every penny in my humble opinion. The line's inclusion of effects parts for the various monster attacks is just icing on the cake.

My own pictures don't do justice to this figure, so I'll be adding some more from other SHMA owners, even videos, as I can. Godzilla is admittedly a weaker start for many people due to some errors with the eyes, but the one I own happens to be fine. And yes, this line has a happy and diverse future ahead of it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Places to Buy MonsterArts:
Thanks to Bluefin, a company dedicated to American releases of all the Bandai collector toylines, you can get this all sorts of places. BBTS, Sideshow, Toy Freakz, and even Amazon.com offer these guys. Due to the current exchange rate it's more affordable to purchase MonsterArts this way rather than the direct importing from Japan that I've typically used for my other toylines. Amazon is definitely my retailer of choice, but only Godzilla is available for the moment. MechaGodzilla might not arrive for another couple of weeks, and SpaceGodzilla is only up for preorder on a couple of non-Japanese sites.

Godzilla 1994
MechaGodzilla 1993
SpaceGodzilla

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

And Destoroyah?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Aggregate form is right there! Bandai showed Burning Godzilla as one of the four initial figures, so the final form has to be in consideration. Too soon to be showing it off.

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

And not a single eff was given. :rolleyes:

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

these are pretty sweet, i love the articulation.

and yeah that Destoroyah looks awesome~!

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

Get me one of the Wittle Zilla's and I'd be happy. :)

Posted Image

#7 KennyKuman

KennyKuman

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm EXTREMELY late to the thread, but I love this line even though I only have Godzilla and Rodan. They're kind of steep in price, but fantastic figures with beautiful sculpts and great articulation. Mostly I'm sticking with the vinyls from Bandai Japan and Bandai Creation though, as they're much cheaper. They may not have the articulation, but they still make great display pieces.

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Holy crap, someone else from LRG that owns figures from the line!

Due to this thread being over a year old, I can't actually alter the content of the first post to reflect how many more releases exist in the line, or the figures I now own. Suffice to say my love for this line has never wavered, even with some of the issues the production King Ghidorah can suffer from (didn't actually get one of my own). We'll even get King Kong this year, albeit the Peter Jackson version.

The price can be prohibitive for some people, which makes waiting for sales all the more attractive. Amazon and HLJ in particular had some fantastic ones at the end of the year, which netted me a $40 MOGUERA and $22 Rodan. SpaceGodzilla's my next target, once I amass enough Amazon gift cards to ease some of the cost. I could never go back to Bandai vinyls after this, not considering how old and outdated their Heisei designs look.

Bluefin, the Tamashii Nations distributor for North America, will be at Toy Fair with the line, and have suggested a big reveal this year... fingers crossed.

Edited by BaltanII, 01 February 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com