• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Ultimate Muscle, Wrestling, Eating up Them Noodles, and Spriting.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hey WC this are awesome wips you have going. I freaking love that Wolfman, and I hope that Ashura comes together nicely soon. Also man I thought I would ask if you could give me some pointers on how you do what you do? Cause I am an own of alot of Microman figures and WWE wrestling figures, and Ive been trying to make my own stuff of Kinnikuman outside of the spriting I do... and I just thought you could help.

Ohh and that Mammothman is coming along good sofar keep tinkering with it.

Also man I was wondering how much it would cost for you to make a custom for someone?

#27 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Having FUN

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hey WC this are awesome wips you have going. I freaking love that Wolfman, and I hope that Ashura comes together nicely soon. Also man I thought I would ask if you could give me some pointers on how you do what you do? Cause I am an own of alot of Microman figures and WWE wrestling figures, and Ive been trying to make my own stuff of Kinnikuman outside of the spriting I do... and I just thought you could help.

Ohh and that Mammothman is coming along good sofar keep tinkering with it.

Also man I was wondering how much it would cost for you to make a custom for someone?

I'd love to help, just let me know what you'd like to know!

As for the cost of making a custom, if you provide all the parts to me and are patient, I'm sure we can work something out! :p Let me know who you want made.

Joel

#28 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, Ultimate Muscle, Wrestling, Eating up Them Noodles, and Spriting.

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

Thanks man well I was hoping you could give me some pointers on painting. You see I dont have that steady of a hand and I kinda suck at painting acuritaly. Ive been trying and failing at painting a Kinnikuman Super Phoenix. So if you could give me pointers on it.

Also the only guys I would really think of you making for me would be one of these 3... Prince Kame Hame, Canadianman, or Specialman. I just cant choose which so if you would wanna decide on it. I be cool with that.

If you want to do one go ahead and tell me if not then thanks away for at least thinking bout it. :)

Sorry but I was gonna mention that I have that same ring at my house with little WWF figures from back when my dad gave em to me.

Ohh dude after you do Mammothman and Wolfman and Ashura. You should totally do Geronimo next, I always wanted to see him in the microman series but it never happened.

Edited by Ramenking, 07 May 2010 - 02:07 PM.

#29 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Thanks man well I was hoping you could give me some pointers on painting. You see I dont have that steady of a hand and I kinda suck at painting acuritaly. Ive been trying and failing at painting a Kinnikuman Super Phoenix. So if you could give me pointers on it.

Also the only guys I would really think of you making for me would be one of these 3... Prince Kame Hame, Canadianman, or Specialman. I just cant choose which so if you would wanna decide on it. I be cool with that.

If you want to do one go ahead and tell me if not then thanks away for at least thinking bout it. :)

Sorry but I was gonna mention that I have that same ring at my house with little WWF figures from back when my dad gave em to me.

Ohh dude after you do Mammothman and Wolfman and Ashura. You should totally do Geronimo next, I always wanted to see him in the microman series but it never happened.

Hm, painting pointers? Well, first, always wash your figures in warm (liquid dish soap) soapy water with a toothbrush. The dish soap cuts the grease and grim left from the molding process and/or our grubby little hands. This is key to get a good even coat. Second, I try to find a good base coat of Tamiya spray paint (found in most RC/train hobby type stores), usually "Flat Flesh."

Once it's sprayed, you can paint the smaller details by hand. I recommend spending a few bucks more and getting Vallejo brand acrylic paint (found at gaming stores, like D&D), but that's just me. It covers in less coats and I've just had more success with it. The colors seem brighter to me than the Wal*Mart kind.

The last 'tip' won't help too much, but practice makes perfect you know. No one was great their first time, so keep at it, try new things and try to find other people who's brains you can pick (there are lots of customizing communities out there!) and styles you can emulate.

For your Super Phoenix, you might try the steps I listed above, and then use either masking tape or (car) detailing tape to mask off straight lines for you to paint his intricate little colored lines. I'm even a bit wary regarding him, but I will make him eventually.

I've already casted a Prince Kamehame mini big head to shrink down to Microman size. Once I do that, I'll make a few extras and share. I also plan on making Specialman and Canadianman, but they aren't too high on my list just yet. Geronimo is one of many who will be coming shortly! I have about 4-5 in the works currently.

If you have specific customizing questions, feel free to PM me or drop a question in here.

Joel

#30 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the tips dude I really appreciate it and the only reason I am making customs anyway is because I have so many Kinnikumans (Cause for my birthday one year I just put Kinnikuman Microman series and my mom just got me a bunch). So Im trying to do as much with them as I can.

And I also Im just glad your doing those characters dude. I really just wanted to see them done by you. But if you are intrested in making some money I would like to see this Unlimited Muscle character I sprited for Neo made into a micromen series toy. So message me about how much and I could send you parts to.

Well I gotta run thank you for the help and I will be posting when you get more cool stuff done.

#31 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

I've made some progress on Mammothman and Rikishiman!

Posted Image
Mammothman's furry vest is being glued together as we speak. I plan on trimming down the fur a bit and afixing the Lego chains after that. His trunk is articulated to go up and down, his head turns side to side and up and down (a bit).

Posted Image
The Romando figure was my guide.

Posted Image
He's pretty big! I'm not sure about scale accuracy, I'm only to the arc with the Neptuneman/Big the Budo tag tournament right now. Hopefully he's as massive as I've made him!

Posted Image
Does this diaper make my butt look big?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
We have a winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Let me know what you think!

Joel

#32 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Dude that is abosolutely awesome man I love that Wolfman, and on the Mammothman if he is as tall as Neptuneman then you should be fine with him dude.

Also I really wanna see how that Ashuraman will look like when you finish him. Keep them coming and good luck on your customs of the future.

#33 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Geronimo and Ashuraman...and a horse?!?! What's the horse for? :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ashura needs four more arms (obviously) so I gotta buy 2 more Mr. Khamens. The PVC statue was a great pick up, as I've been able to swipe many bits off of it for him.

More to come!

#34 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

Very impressive, as always.

#35 Ramenking

Ramenking

The Noodle Devourer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

Dude I love that Geronimo and it appears that the Ashuraman is coming together well.

Also thanks once again for the Robin Mask bro that was very appreciated.

#36 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

I'm back with some finished figures and a few work in progress figures!

Here is a WIP shot of my "Titan Mixer"
Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is one that I'm really looking forward to finishing: SteCasseKing! He will have a bit of musculature due to the Microman arms and legs, but I think it will look pretty cool. I molded and cast the "Deka Keshi" version of SteCasseKing and then dremeled it to death!
Posted Image

I also made a casting of the Iwao Deka Keshi and I'm in the process of articulating his arms right now. After I hacked off his arms, I dremeled into his "arm sockets" very slightly and Super Glued very strong circular magnets in the hole. I did the same to his arms, and will sculpt over the magnets a bit with Magic Sculpt to ensure they stay in place. His articulation will be limited, but he's a fun character to have!
Posted Image

"Stop copying me!"
Posted Image

Geronimo and Ashuraman! Ashura is waiting on more Mr. Carmen arms, so in th emeantime, I'm putting him on my "finished" shelf for now! ;) His tunic, chestplate, arm bands, and boot tops were all canibalized from his Japanese PVC figurine. His head came from one of those little statues with all the bad guy characters from the tag tournament.
Posted Image

Geronimo also took his head from the Japanese PVC figurine, the rest is just Super Sculpey for the arm and leg "fur."
Posted Image

The "New" Machineguns!
Posted Image

My Microman-Kinnikuman shelf:
Posted Image

#37 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:15 AM

Amazing work - thanks for sharing! I dare say your figures look as good, if not better than something Takara would put out.
Posted Image

#38 Mrjoespider

Mrjoespider

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Lrg,s reading comics, playing guitar (well im learning lol) Cooking long walks and Fallout 3

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:14 AM

Nice work :)

I feel inspired to make something with a huge gun and a M.U.S.C.L.E. now lol
Posted Image

#39 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

I am entering eight new Kinnikuman custom figures in the "Summer Custom Con" to be shown on August 5th. The deadline for submissions is July 5th, and I'm finally finished!!

Can you guess the eight characters from this blurry photo? :D

Posted Image

Have fun guessing!

Joel

#40 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

Brocken Sr.
Mixxer Taite
Kamehame
???
Ninja
Iwao
SteCassette King
Springman

#41 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hello again! I was surfing around here and noticed I never made my big reveal! For the summer Custom Con of '10, I had the following entry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

Totally amazing! Incredible work ~ Thanks so much for sharing! Would love to feature some of these images on my blog sometime if you are down with that.
Posted Image

#43 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

Totally amazing! Incredible work ~ Thanks so much for sharing! Would love to feature some of these images on my blog sometime if you are down with that.

Thank you for the kind words, and yes, you may certainly feature these images on your blog. Please let me know if/when you do, I'd like to see it!

Thanks,

Joel

#44 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

those are all great! the flesh tone on neptuneman and wolfman is perfect. how did you paint them...airbrush? could you please give some info on what brand of paints, color, etc. you used for their flesh?
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#45 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Wow! I hadn't seen this thread since you posted Sunshine. Impressive! I wish I had the drive like you do to actually finish customs. Simply amazing work on these guys.

Posted Image

#46 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

those are all great! the flesh tone on neptuneman and wolfman is perfect. how did you paint them...airbrush? could you please give some info on what brand of paints, color, etc. you used for their flesh?

I use Tamiya brand spray paints for plastics. The color is called "flat flesh." Should be able to find it at you local hobby shop, if not, I bet they could order it if you asked them to.

I agree, it looks great, I wish I could take credit for it, but it's all the paint, it's real good stuff!

Thanks for the comment,

Joel

#47 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Can't believe I missed this update. Kick ass!!

#48 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

Wow...the dedication to a project like this is inspirational. Some people are casual fans of toys. You sir put forth a load of creative energy and it manifested itself in the form of these kick ass figures.

I could give you tons of praise for the figures but what stood out to me the most (beyond the silver figures design allowing it to change form) was...

The CHAMPIONSHIP BELT.

Im of the opinion the title belt or trophy is a critical accessory of any wrestling / "fighting" line.

THAT sir..is AWESOME!
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#49 walkingcondominium

walkingcondominium

www.warsmancustoms.us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

Thanks guys for the kind replies!

I'd love to make more...but the Microman figures really have dried up on eBay, unless I want to spend $30+ per figure, but I can't justify that for custom fodder. Even Yahoo Japan auctions are becoming sparse, and I haven't seen any good deals on lots of the Kinnikuman/Microman lots in about a year. I'm tempted to try to mold and cast the figure parts, but I have my doubts that resin could take the strain of popping the parts on the ball joints. It's worth a shot...

If you guys see (or have) any auctions for Micro Kinnkus, please keep me in mind, and drop me a line! I've got plans for Curry Cook, Specialman, Canadianman, Hawkman and more.

By the way, the reception for my "Custom Con" entry was VERY positive among the viewers! I suggest to other MUSCLE/Kinnikuman fans to submit entries to the next 'Con. Check out www.toymania.com for more info...

Joel

#50 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

do you only want kinnikuman microman figs or any types~? what about the blank ones~? what price are you are willing to pay per~?

i see them from time to time at a local collectible show and would be willing to pick you up some if i come across them...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com