#26 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:04 PM

Chyojin Showtime Posted on Sep 22 2006, 01:47 PM
  Red Rain of... Pain? Apache Yell...? oy...

Well, anyways, I should have a new microphone in about a week (maybe more, though). Then I can audition (that was a cool movie). 

Yeah, its a cool movie. Nice and short too. Kinda why we chose it for this little dub/sub experiment.

And, yes what was written down was "Apache Yell/Scream" I just typped the 1st half down.
I like "Red Rain of Berlin" myself it just sounds more poetic to me. (not that I hate "of Pain" but in Brocken's case if I HAD to choose)

On such things just ask the forum go'ers what they prefer.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 22 September 2006 - 02:06 PM.

Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#27 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, its a cool movie. Nice and short too. Kinda why we chose it for this little dub/sub experiment.

*lol* Actually, I was making a joke. I was referring to the Japanese horror film entitled Audition directed by Miike Takashi (y'know, 'cuz I had said "audition").

But the script does seem good (really wish I could see the movie itself, though, and in Japanese). Again, I liked not having to read "cowboy talk" in Terry's dialogue and of course disliked having to read changed names.

This was always one of the Kinnikuman movies I was more interested in seeing. The one's I most want to see are "Justice Choujin vs. Ancient Choujin", the one where Robin Mask gets kidnapped (can't remember the title), and the one where he goes to Edo-period Japan (this title either).
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#28 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

First off, are the character tryout threads TheOrgg mentioned up yet? *looked but didn't find* ^^;

Second: I've got auditions for Nachurigon, Queen Muscle, and a 3rd with the other minor female characters (Natsuko, Maria, even Great Grandma! XD). I'll put them here, and move them if the threads do exist....they're yousendit files just to let you know, so get 'em while they're up! ^^;

Nachurigon
Queen Muscle
Natsuko, Maria, and Kinkotsuman's Grandma

Third: I should be able to do a subtitled version of the movie. :KS: I can also put both versions up on Youtube if you're interested in someone doing that.

Fourth:...WHY does my avatar keep disappearing?! *kicks Tinypic in the shin* :mcmadd:

#29 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

Just upload your avatar, Chichibee.

Also, does the ABURAI CRUSH have another name? I have no idea how to pronounce it, and I doubt many people will.

Also, will we do a spoken Apachie "RaRaRa/LaLaLa" or just pat our hand over our mouth rapidly to impersonate an Injun?

And JKaris hasn't responded about the Fandub Forum.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#30 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

My attempt
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#31 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:04 AM

Also, does the ABURAI CRUSH have another name? I have no idea how to pronounce it, and I doubt many people will.

Ah-boo-rai (ai is pronounced like the letter I, not the letter A.)

#32 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:20 AM

Well, Checkmate, the site you used both confused and scared me, so I ran away crying and hid under my bed before I could download yer audition. Sucks, 'cuz I really wanted to check out my competition for Suguru.

Well, I couldn't find anything on Aburai, but abura means "oil; fat, lard" and abunai means "dangerous; watch out".
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#33 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:37 AM

Chyojin Showtime Posted on Sep 23 2006, 04:20 AM
Well, I couldn't find anything on Aburai, but abura means "oil; fat, lard" and abunai means "dangerous; watch out".

Makes sense. It's probably a missunderstanding of the handwritting. Looking at my paper now it looks like an "r" but can easily be a quickly written "n".

For Akuma Shoguns attack;"Abunai(Ah-boo-nigh) Crush" or "Dangerous Crush" makes more sense than "Oily Fat Lard Crush" which is the closest interperetation of it's meaning. Unless he was chanelling, Rikishiman or Sasaki the human Slug(Nisei) at that moment. Which he wasn't.

-Checkmate

#34 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:48 AM

Well, Checkmate, the site you used both confused and scared me, so I ran away crying and hid under my bed before I could download yer audition. Sucks, 'cuz I really wanted to check out my competition for Suguru.

*sigh*
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#35 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:38 AM

Tripod hates me. It always has. I think it knows who I am and what I did last summer. So I just learned how to use that confusing site anyways... :mcmadd:
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#36 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

That thing is nine MB.

MP3'ing it would reduce the file size to about 2MB or less; because the voice has such a limited frequency range, the harmonic content would be almost unaffected as well.

Thus it is nice to the guy putting the sound together with the 14.4 modem (I.E, ME) if we used .MP3 formatted audio files.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#37 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Thank you Checkmate1989 and Chibibee.
Glad to see your both so eager to help out. Its very much appreciated.

Now, as for the performances themselves I have a few ideas/suggestions I would like you to try.

Checkmater1989: Simply put the read was a bit too short^^. We'll need to hear you deliver longer lines. Suguru is the star of this film, we'll need to hear a read displaying a wider range of emotions. Try to choose a few more lines that vary between some of those emotions, like when he's frightened and when he gets serious.

Chibibee:
Your off to a great start Chibi! Finally some one brave enough to tackle the frightening task of VA'ing the androgynous, Nachi.
For Nachi honestly, I expect with a fair amount of voice synthing the read you did for her/it can work. Maybe just add slightly higher pitch to her and I think you got it. (wonder if she'll sound too scary w/ the synth they used on the charcters in the 1st SMURFS movie, man they sounded scary in that thing)
Queen Muscle I think add a dash of Mrs. Cartman(South Park) to the mix and we may have ourselves a Queen Muscle.
Marie/Natsuko I think will cause the least amount of strain on your voice box ^^. They're the only "normal" people featured in this anime therefore I imagine your regular speaking voice to be sufficient. Eventually the trick here will be to keep up with the lip sync and not sound like your speed reading ala' "Speed Racer". They don't say TOO much in the film but when they do it's usually pretty emotionally charged. So if you can cry/laugh on que I think you'll have these in the bag.
I tells ya' you gals and yer emotions, what with the laughing and crying and stuff, always lettin' people know how ya' feel. :sheep:
Am I right fellas? :KS:
....fellas? :mcmadd:
........:D

Getting back on track here,Great Grandma was as on the noise! With the recent confusion in regards to who says what I'm not sure how often she speaks. But here's hoping she gets a few more lines in cause I thought you did a great job with her.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 25 September 2006 - 01:07 PM.

-Checkmate

#38 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:35 AM

I find poor Nachi cute! You'd think being androgynous, both sides of the gender pool would be at least trying out for him/her...that's my reasoning at least. ^^;

Hmm, so I should add a bit of helium to Nachiguron, and a dash of 'Mrs. Brady' (Mrs. Cartman minus the whore-ness) to Queen Muscle. :mcmadd: I think I can pull that off; I'll play around with some of my synthing effects on my program for Nachi and work on my sweetly-motherness. I'd LOVE some more Grandma lines to try, especially if I can rant on Kinkotsuman or someone. XD

As for Maria and Natsuko, they are definitely closer to my normal voice (I just make one softer and the other a little stronger, based on how I see their personalities); once I can see the the mouths move, I'm sure I could avoid the 'Speed Racer Syndrome'.

I tells ya' you gals and yer emotions, what with the laughing and crying and stuff, always lettin' people know how ya' feel.

I resemble that remark! XD But yeah, I cry at the drop of a hat, I'm hoping I can pull it off in VA'ing. I'm sure I have something that can get me laughing/crying.

#39 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

Why do I get the feeling that Warsman should sound like Grey Fox with a Russian accent?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#40 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Because you're insane? No,kidding,but Grey Fox is who?

#41 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:54 AM

Cyborg ninja from Metal Gear Solid.
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#42 MFZ95

MFZ95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

can i be meat?,plz?il send u a clip but whats ur email?

#43 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

can i be meat?,plz?il send u a clip but whats ur email?

Upload it to 'yousendit' or 'rapidshare.de,' then post the link in the appropriate thread that's stickied at the top of this forum.

Meat is in 'misc male voice' I do believe.

#44 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:24 PM

how many acts are there?

I am going to try and get a few more voices recorded in the next few days. Things seem like they might calm down for a while.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#45 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Well here it is.
The 4th and Final Act to Kinnikuman Movie 6. :o

Mind you there are a lot of grunts and other crowd sound effects that we'll need to add in after a while. It'll be clearer once we have the primary voice tracks laid out.

In the meantime, enjoy! B)

Attached Files

-Checkmate

#46 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

I'm going to be doing that spotting and inserting it into the 'corrected and edited' version of the scrypt I'm working on. That's just grammar and occasional word choice I'm actually changing, as well as misdone characters.

Any proposed changes I'll put into [[[[[[[BRACKETS]]]]]]]], or things that need to be longer, I'll add stuff in [brackets].

Sound good?

#47 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:10 PM

Sounds great! :o

-Checkmate

#48 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

That move Suguru does before the Kinniku Driver should be the "48 Killer Moves No. 1 - Fuu Rin Ka Zan"... just lettin' ya know...
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#49 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:31 PM

And how do you Anglesize that "Fuu Rin Kaa Zaan?" That's a toungue twister. I've heard it spoken, and STILL couldn't say it.

*actually, that was one of the '[[[[UNKNOWN???]]]]]]' parts of the scrypt, where the script as given didn't match the dialog. There's about ten parts where that happens, though most of it very short and minor*

#50 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

And how do you Anglesize that "Fuu Rin Kaa Zaan?"  That's a toungue twister.  I've heard it spoken, and STILL couldn't say it.

Fuu Rin Ka Zan = FOO Reen Kah Zahn

hope that helps...
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com