#1 Land_of_Roars

Land_of_Roars

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:39 PM

Hey guys,

I have never owned a battle beast (outside the Japanese and American ones) and was wondering, if the battle beasts from other countries (like France and Britian) are made of the same quality of plastic as those of the U.S. or Japan. I know for the Thundercats toyline (for example) the Columbian figures were made of a lesser grade plastic that (although they held together well) was not as strong or durable as the American version. That's not to say that the European versions wouldn't be made well, but you won't know unless you hear of it or see it for yourself.

Thanks

John :D

Edited by Land_of_Roars, 17 September 2004 - 07:54 PM.

#2 dragonaute_auxerrois

dragonaute_auxerrois

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 03:10 AM

I have buy lots of battle beasts on eBay in North America and they look like their European cousins.
But I am not an expert and I think it is possible that it is different in Japan.

#3 Orca

Orca

The Idea Man & Custom Vehicle Inventor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 07:23 AM

First off being a Canadian my country still has ties to the British throne and as one of her recent subjects regarding trade laws and the like we still have some things in common. For one we, atleast more so back in the eighties, still got the same toy assortments as certain toy lines and in most cases any exclusives found over there (in Europe) could be found in Canada. This is happenning right now with the MOTU line. Battle Beasts were no different. In the eighties we did get some test cases of Battle beasts for the Laser Beast line beyong the less famous 12 the US got. Like Europe we did get the single carded LB's with sheilds (the second set) in very small amounts through a now long dead toystore called Toys and Wheels (think i would have picked them up....but Nooooooo!!!!). Anyways, although the toy assortments may have been the same the colors for Canadian Battle beasts, atleast for the first 2 series, were for the most part a different shade of color. This isn't sunfade or the like. Most of my collection is from the US and Japan. I remember reading a post on this site that touched on the color variants but these were produced and packaged for Canada. Anyways the point of this post is the quality of plastic. The Canadian Beasts seem a little softer and do seem to attract more dirt. Could be the kids that played with them but I'm finding that the Canadian ones are harder to get clean (when they are dirty).

Orca

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com