#76 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

Yep! What's cool about the Argentina figures is, like I said, they are made by TCDT, the same company/factory that manufactured the Playmates line in the USA/Germany/Italy.

The Playmates line was from 1999. The Jack line was from 2001. I'm assuming Jack went with TCDT because of their familiarity with Monster Rancher and maybe to reuse some old molds.

It can't be coincidence that the factory is the same and the molds are so similar. The Kato and Naga molds for the larger figures, for example, are nearly identical with just minor differences. And the Suezo molds are basically the same thing with different paint jobs. Maybe they had to make basic changes so as not to offend Playmates or something. But because of the similarities, I'm wondering if TCDT didn't have more production molds that were unused for the Playmates line two years before, and simply used them for the Jack line instead. That makes it very cool to see some of the Argentina figures that are full-size AND different than the Playmates figures.

Dragon, Gangster, Captain Jell, Kuro, Durahan, Dragon Moo, etc are all figures I would have expected to eventually make their way into the Playmates line as they are very popular characters and are unique as well. These Jack figures from two years after the Playmates line could very well be considered a partial spiritual successor! If I were ever able to find some of them for cheap I would definitely pick them up. They are certainly neat!

Yeah lol the major problem seems to be for cheap in this series. One of us needs to find some magical way of getting on that site. I think I am going to try this afternoon to make an account.

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#77 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

I actually think I was wrong on the initial counts. Looks like there are two Jack collections, called Monster Rancher I and Monster Rancher II.

The Monster Rancher I collection seems to be the 26 small figures.

The Monster Rancher II collection seems to have 42 larger figures. That's a lot of extra figures!

#78 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

I actually think I was wrong on the initial counts. Looks like there are two Jack collections, called Monster Rancher I and Monster Rancher II.

The Monster Rancher I collection seems to be the 26 small figures.

The Monster Rancher II collection seems to have 42 larger figures. That's a lot of extra figures!

That is extremely exciting! I am looking forward to getting all those bad boys. I want the bigger ones way more than the durk ones lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#79 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

The 26 minifigs that came in the Jack Chocolates I know for sure are:

Jack Chocolate (26 figures)
Holly
Pixie
Mint
Genki
Evil Hare
Hare
Kato
Hopper
Horn
Suezo
Pink Eye
Mocchi
Big Blue
Golem
Tiger
Grey Wolf
Young Grey Wolf
Dayton
Dino
Captain Black Dino
Hound Saurian
Gangster
Arrowhead
Naga
Weeds
Gaboo

However, there were 42 that came specifically with the Jack Chocolate Eggs. I dunno if it was one large figure per box or what. But There are two I cannot make out on the sticker book. It looks like the first figure on the sticker book is a Grey Wolf with another figure on top of him. Then a few spots over in between Golem and Pink Eye, no idea who he is.

Egg Jack (42 figures)
??
Grey Wolf
Holly
Hound Saurian
Big Blue
Golem
??
Pink Eye
Suezo
Horn
Hopper
Zuum
Gangster
Ape
Tiger
Young Tiger
Evil Hare
Hare
Frozen Gaboo
Gaboo
Captain Clay
Kuro
Captain Black Dino
Naga
Dino
Weeds
Kato
Dragon
Genki
Master Moo
Jell
Zilla
Plant
Mocchi
Arrowhead
Durahan
Dayton
Dragoon
Undine
Mint
Pixie
Young Grey Wolf

Edited by evan, 05 November 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#80 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:04 AM

The 26 minifigs that came in the Jack Chocolates I know for sure are:

Jack Chocolate (26 figures)
Holly
Pixie
Mint
Genki
Evil Hare
Hare
Kato
Hopper
Horn
Suezo
Pink Eye
Mocchi
Big Blue
Golem
Tiger
Grey Wolf
Young Grey Wolf
Dayton
Dino
Captain Black Dino
Hound Saurian
Gangster
Arrowhead
Naga
Weeds
Gaboo

However, there were 42 that came specifically with the Jack Chocolate Eggs. I dunno if it was one large figure per box or what. But There are two I cannot make out on the sticker book. It looks like the first figure on the sticker book is a Grey Wolf with another figure on top of him. Then a few spots over in between Golem and Pink Eye, no idea who he is.

Egg Jack (42 figures)
??
Grey Wolf
Holly
Hound Saurian
Big Blue
Golem
??
Pink Eye
Suezo
Horn
Hopper
Zuum
Gangster
Ape
Tiger
Young Tiger
Evil Hare
Hare
Frozen Gaboo
Gaboo
Captain Clay
Kuro
Captain Black Dino
Naga
Dino
Weeds
Kato
Dragon
Genki
Master Moo
Jell
Zilla
Plant
Mocchi
Arrowhead
Durahan
Dayton
Dragoon
Undine
Mint
Pixie
Young Grey Wolf

Hopefully I can solve that once I get the book in. All I could find was super blurry images of the pages.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#81 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

Was also able to hunt down Draco Kato and Pink Hopper successfully! The package should be on its way to me. I will post photos next week or whenever they arrive. I'll be very happy to have the complete collection of the Playmates line.

#82 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

Was also able to hunt down Draco Kato and Pink Hopper successfully! The package should be on its way to me. I will post photos next week or whenever they arrive. I'll be very happy to have the complete collection of the Playmates line.

That is awesome to hear lol hopefully they pop up on ebay some day. Take pics!

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#83 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

I opened up my foreign monster rancher packs and was shocked to find out there is a varaint!check this out one has painted eye and stripes!There could be more i don't have many us figures to compare with the ones i have.

Attached File  DSCF2560.JPG   65.72K   5 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2561.JPG   58.19K   5 downloads

#84 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

I just found a variant there could be more and these are playmates.So i dont think your collection is complete just yet :p .

#85 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

I just found a variant there could be more and these are playmates.So i dont think your collection is complete just yet :p .

Yep! We have discussed the Kato variant before. I have three of the striped Katos and one of the no stripe/eyes closed Kato. Cool figure!

Edited by evan, 05 November 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#86 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

Deep down I hope there is more varients than the weeds and kato lol I want there to be some damn diversity among my toys!

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#87 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

Oh, definitely! Believe me, if any more official paint variants are found I will be very happy. I think this figure line is awesome, I want there to be as many as possible!

#88 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

My argentina package cleared customs so hopefully it will be here any day now. I got at least one small (young grey wolf) so hopefully I can examine them 

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#89 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

Now I got my Argentina Monster Rancher toys in and they are odd lol they are made of a thinner plastic and feel more ceramic. Only some of the bigger toys seem to move but most seem to just be solid.  101_7079_zps80620a43.jpg

Now I took pictures of the Argentina sticker book and its a three page fold out. Pretty disappointed with that but one half shows the 42 big (which are the same size as the US ones but a tiny bit bigger) and the other shows the smaller ones.

http://s1367.photobu...03cf07.jpg.html

http://s1367.photobu...9da6e1.jpg.html

http://s1367.photobu...aa786c.jpg.html

http://s1367.photobu...7ca4e6.jpg.html

http://s1367.photobu...14dad7.jpg.html

http://s1367.photobu...083dbb.jpg.html

http://s1367.photobu...fa0f92.jpg.html

I didn't put the images because I was having an issue with photoshop on this comp but I put the links to the sticker book. Sadly it doesn't have Gali but I tried to get some good zoom ins of each set.

Edited by thenerdieststore, 08 November 2014 - 10:34 AM.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#90 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

I want a bunch of those Disks in the picture here.Those are neat.

Edited by 108KickBack, 08 November 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#91 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

I want a bunch of those Disks in the picture here.Those are neat.

I would love to have some of those mystery dics stickers lol they look so cool. I would probably need a bunch since I would put them everywhere like an 7 year old lol

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#92 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

O.k. I was bored. I was looking at the sticker book and there is this giant advertisement.

It reads, " completa una hola (frente y dorso) de "monster rancher I" o la de "monster rancher II" recortala, ponela en un sobre con tus datos completos y enviala a: gascon 329 (C181ACE) Ciudad de BS. AS. Y Participa de los sorteos mensuales de bicis, pelotas, etc. Y del graan sorteo final por un viaje a ee. uu. para 3 personas!! " 

I did a translation on freetranslation.com and I solved why there is barely any stickers for this book out there lol " Complete a hello (front and back) of "monster rancher I" or the "monster rancher II" recortala, placesthe in an envelope with your complete data and send it to: Gascon 329 (C181ACE) City of BS. ACE. AND participates in the monthly drawings of bikes, balls, etc. and Graan final draw for a trip to the us for 3 people! "

Come on guys! We can enter and win a trip to the US lol

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#93 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

Awesome! I still can't quite make out the two larger characters from the book. Who is the white looking figure next to Holly? Is that the pink worm? And what about the blue guy next to Pink Eye?

#94 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Awesome! I still can't quite make out the two larger characters from the book. Who is the white looking figure next to Holly? Is that the pink worm? And what about the blue guy next to Pink Eye?

The white looking figure is the pink worm. The blue guy next to pink eye is an unknown to me. It looks to be some sort of robot thing. It looks to have a blue screen for an eye and its all grey. Its really odd looking.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#95 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

Hmm. I'm legitimately stumped. I don't know what monster that is. The model looks like maybe they were going for Gobi, but then got the paint colors wrong? Maybe there is a character from the anime that I'm missing though.

Gobi_und_Mew.jpg

#96 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:51 AM

Hmm. I'm legitimately stumped. I don't know what monster that is. The model looks like maybe they were going for Gobi, but then got the paint colors wrong? Maybe there is a character from the anime that I'm missing though.

Gobi_und_Mew.jpg

Maybe it is an offshot of him? Is there any other mixes of Gobi?

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#97 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

Not that I'm aware of. Gobi is a Golem/Hengar type. He's just a robot golem. I can't think of a blue robot Golem. The shoulders are different though so it's possible I just don't remember the anime well enough to remember that character.

#98 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:09 AM

So how does the Argentina Horn look next to your Playmates Horn?

#99 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:07 AM

So how does the Argentina Horn look next to your Playmates Horn?

It looks smaller but I will take a picture of them both for you this afternoon.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#100 evan

evan

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

With the new group of figures on ebay you should be able to get a complete collection in no time! It looks like the seller may be trying to find more for you?

It's a shame the Moo has broken parts on his helmet, that's a very cool figure!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com