95 replies to this topic

#26 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

JUST POSTED THIS OVER ON BEASTFORMERS but here it is for anyone on AKIA who is interested in this line of toys but not a memeber over there...

here is some news that I have been waiting for:

GORMITI SERIE 3A: ATOMIC!!!!!!

Yep, the third series will be out soon and it will be ATOMIC! By this I understand it to be GLOW IN THE DARK! :woot:

I cannot find any pictures yet but I believe the special edition Gheos that came exclusively with issue #1 of the Gormiti magazine recently was a preview of this 3rd series (it doesn't glow quite like a God Beast Custom, but it's still freakin' cool!):

Posted ImagePosted Image

The bad point though is that the 'Gheos' figure is from the original series 1 and the series 2 'Mystica' set - so a third repaint of the same figure.

Does this mean Serie 3a will just be another series of repaints? and on top of that just series 1 repaints?? ^_^

for me:
Sweet as hell best case scenario: complete new sculpts all ATOMIC/GITD
Excellent scenario: Series 2 are redone ATOMIC/GITD (imagine a GITD Tartantica turtle!!! :woot: )
Good scenario: a third paint job on the series 1 figures, this time ATOMIC/GITD

Any of the above situations will be pretty cool but that's my order of preference...(and all guesses!)

oh, and HERE is where I found out about Serie 3a

Edited by matthewf1tz, 14 August 2006 - 05:35 AM.

Posted Image

#27 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:33 AM

Really nice! I hope there will be absolutely new figures that top the brilliance of Series 2.

With the pre publishing of GITD Gheos it seems that Series 1 gets just more variants.

#28 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:39 PM

:o :o :o

check out these prices on ebay:

HOW MUCH!?!?!

329euro buy it now for one figure!? :wacko:

Posted Image

#29 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:34 AM

What do you think about this?

I have seen some Poivrons going away between 3€ and 7€ in early 2006. Some Italian Ebayers maybe think Gormiti are buisnessmen toys now.

#30 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:43 AM

What do you think about this?

that is absolute madness - 3000 euros is just ridiculous!

maybe thay think Alex (arforbes) collects them! :wacko:

Posted Image

#31 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

just a little update on Gormiti...

I'm waiting on my Series 3 to be released then arrive but in the meantime I've been looking at th estuff that came with the Atomic Gheos pictured above.

The Gormiti comic/magazine was pretty dissapointing as the artwork was no where near as good as on the cards but the school diary has got artwork that is just as good!

I will post some scans but another interesting thing is the symbols given to each of the Gormiti groups which run as a theme through the diary:

Posted Image

I think they are pretty cool and they remind me of the Battle Beast symbols a lot.

Posted Image

#32 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

oh, and while I was waiting for my Series 3 figures to arrive I decided to work on my own Gormiti figure....

A Crystal Clear Tartantica - check out my new signature! :)

Posted Image

#33 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

EDIT: whoops - some how managed to put the same post twice...please ignore

Edited by matthewf1tz, 01 September 2006 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

#34 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:37 AM

although still not available, here is what the packs for the new atomic series will look like....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

That self-created Clear Tartantica in your Signature looks really nice. What do you use to craft it? Do you use a special kit?

#36 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

That self-created Clear Tartantica in your Signature looks really nice. What do you use to craft it? Do you use a special kit?

thanks!

I just used some moulding putty and resin mix from my local craft shop.

It took AGES to get right and close up it is a bit flawed but I'm pretty pleased with it.

I've got some GODBEAST customs (MUSCLE) and next to them it looks pretty shabby as they are perfect copies but I think Marty is a bit busy at the moment so I didn't want to trouble him with requests.

Posted Image

#37 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

:)

You made that clear Turtle? Wow!

Well done!
Posted Image

#38 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

Found this bad quality picture at Ebay. Seems that the characters of the second series get some new variants.

Posted Image

#39 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

Found this bad quality picture at Ebay. Seems that the characters of the second series get some new variants.

SWEEET!!! so there will be a Tartantica!!! good find Dark Clown :D

I've just checked with the place I pre-payed for a shop display box of 50 and they now have it, hopefully it will be with me within a week....I can't wait! :woot:

so an Excellent scenario still:

Sweet as hell best case scenario: complete new sculpts all ATOMIC/GITD
Excellent scenario: Series 2 are redone ATOMIC/GITD (imagine a GITD Tartantica turtle!!! :woot:  )
Good scenario: a third paint job on the series 1 figures, this time ATOMIC/GITD

maybe this is to keep the line going while they work on new sculpts for series 4..... :rolleyes:

hopefully the whole selection of figures will come in the single sets as Tartantica was just with a playset last time I think.

Posted Image

#40 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

I've just checked with the place I pre-payed for a shop display box of 50 and they now have it, hopefully it will be with me within a week....I can't wait! :rolleyes:

on pre-sales alone the guy I bought mine from has sold 15 sets of 50 unopened bustines in the shop display - that is just in the last week or so on ebay @ 125.00euros each plus shipping.....that must bode well for a series 4 - maybe for christmas??

I'll post pics and doubles on arrival

Posted Image

#41 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:57 AM

UPDATE:

I managed to find a pretty grainy picture of the new GITD Tartantica in a four pack!

I wonder if the 'secret figure' is still a Serie 2 repaint or something different...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:20 PM

:woot:

You made that clear Turtle? Wow!

Well done!

thanks Soupie!

I was originaly intending to mould the seperate parts to make a custom Battle Beast but then once I got started I thought the clear figure would look pretty cool!

I'm hoping to do probably one character (possibly the large one) from each Gormiti group in a suitable clear colour:

Forest: Green
Air: Light Blue
Sea: Dark Blue
Volcano: Red
Earth: Yellow

But as if the original figures aren't expensive enough the materials for making the customs is pretty huge (each colour pigment costs over £10.00 UK :rolleyes: ) so it may take some time....but it's really fun to do and the results are quite satisfying so I'm happy to plod along with this little project...:woot:

Posted Image

#43 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:46 AM

Yep, the third series will be out soon and it will be ATOMIC! By this I understand it to be GLOW IN THE DARK! :lol:

I cannot find any pictures yet but I believe the special edition Gheos that came exclusively with issue #1 of the Gormiti magazine recently was a preview of this 3rd series

I WAS WRONG!!!! :huh:

I'm still waiting on my lot to arrive but in the mean time I took a look on wikipedia, and I have to say I'm even more keen to get them now:

PEOPLE of the EARTH: (Glow in the dark)
PEOPLE of the FOREST: (With semi-transparent parts)
PEOPLE of the SEA: (They change color in cold water 8°)
PEOPLE of the AIR: (With transparent parts)
PEOPLE of the VOLCANO: (They change to color in lukewarm water)

To be honest I've never seen a small toy-line like this with such diversity within one series :D It's just a shame they only sell them in Italy other than ebay!!! :(

Posted Image

#44 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:11 AM

What I don't understand is the size of the 'Serie 3 Atomic' boxes. The boxes are much greater than Series 2 boxes that also include 'Series 1 Mystica'.
So in Series 3 we have less figures in the line but greater boxes with more figures in them. Maybe a sign for a greater production run and definitely a sign for the triumphal procession of Gormiti.

Posted Image

#45 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

What I don't understand is the size of the 'Serie 3 Atomic' boxes. The boxes are much greater than Series 2 boxes that also include 'Series 1 Mystica'.
So in Series 3 we have less figures in the line but greater boxes with more figures in them. Maybe a sign for a greater production run and definitely a sign for the triumphal procession of Gormiti.

do you have a box of each!?! :rolleyes:

yeah, I think it is definitely a sign of the popularity of this toy-line - the Atomic box holds 50 bustines rater than the 30 bustines in the second series boxes.

Have you seen the magnetic larger figures and the new atomic volcano playset? they are freakin sweeet!

playset

Magnetic figures

Posted Image

#46 Guest_Dark Clown_*

Guest_Dark Clown_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

do you have a box of each!?! :rolleyes:

yeah, I think it is definitely a sign of the popularity of this toy-line - the Atomic box holds 50 bustines rater than the 30 bustines in the second series boxes.

Have you seen the magnetic larger figures and the new atomic volcano playset? they are freakin sweeet!

playset

Magnetic figures

Isula di Gorm is a really nice playset with figures you don't get in the boxes.

The magnetic figures are imho too expensive. 110 Euro for 5 x 12cm Gormiti :/

#47 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:15 AM

Just got my shipment yesterday! Let me tell you this little dudes are awsome!!!!

I will do a scan of the pamplet later.

Here are a few pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#48 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:21 AM

Those things are pretty sweet!! Not to pry, but about how much is the average one?
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#49 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:38 AM

They average about $5-$6. The bigger ones go for about $10-$12. I spent around $80 to get those 12 from Italy.

But I think it was worth it. They are awsome!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#50 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:43 AM

Are they numbered or anything like that...
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com