#51 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:09 AM

My Gormiti fighting after already beating up some boglins and dino magic

i got the playset today, the mouths close when u press the tounges.

Attached File  Image031.jpg   554.36K   37 downloads
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#52 estes95

estes95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Kinnikuman, MIMP, Mini Boglins, SLUG Zombies, Neclos Fortress, Fistful of Power, and more!

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

I'm confused as to the size of the Gormiti. Seems like they vary. Can someone clear that up for me? Also, maybe someone has already said, but how do we get them in the US?

#53 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

I'm confused as to the size of the Gormiti. Seems like they vary. Can someone clear that up for me? Also, maybe someone has already said, but how do we get them in the US?

they are a couple of inches tall, the bigger things i have in my pic are the playsets. i think jkaris may be going to sell gormiti on the shop. i can post you some to the us from here in england but it works out expensive.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#54 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

What is it with you and the size of things? Every post I've seen from you lately is an inquiry of size. Are you writing a book or something?

#55 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hey Gary!

They are a little taller than kinkeshi. More Battle Beast size.

#56 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:24 AM

i love these little bleeders

here is a pic of my collection so far, these are goin to burn a serious hole in my pocket

Attached Files

"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#57 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

I can't stress enough how cool these figures are!

My box of this series is currenty being held at a post office after some issues with one of our postal services in the UK (again!) but I can't wait to get them!

What I am also looking forward to is getting a copy of the DVD to see what the cartoon is like. I really hope they take off in the rest of Europe like they have done Italy, if they went back to release some of the old series sculpts it would be fantastic :D

Posted Image

#58 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:21 AM

It's very strange how so much renewed interest in Gormiti and their new availability in the UK (come on, American distributors!) has helped them erupt in only more popularity. I can even see myself going for a lot of these even though I was underwhelmed by these older sculpts/colors when I first saw them.

On a "I'm greedy and trying to sell my stuff" note, I'm getting rid of most of the Gormiti sculpts I have, so check Got Toys for my thread. Minus Sporius the Terrible, that is. Mushroom with firepower? Hell yeah I'm keeping him. :D

Edited by Boaconda, 26 February 2008 - 08:21 AM.

#59 shocklord

shocklord

カネゴン

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

toy commercials

Gormiti
Gormiti 2
Gormiti 3

there is a different TV commercial here in Germany for them, which I already saw a few times, but it's not on youtube ...

#60 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

toy commercials

Gormiti
Gormiti 2
Gormiti 3

there is a different TV commercial here in Germany for them, which I already saw a few times, but it's not on youtube ...

HAHAHA, what the hell is up with the end of that first commercial? Looks like someone added a little something extra to it!

#61 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

man my willpower is crumbling fast i picked up another 3 packs today - i have three doubles if anyone is up for trading!

Attached Files

#62 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

here are my doubles: MAGMION, LAVION and Solitary Eagle.

The other pic shows a muscle gormiti comparison although you do get slightly larger figures, MAGMION and LAVION are bigger than the rest of their tribespeople for example.

Attached Files

#63 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

Anyone notice that the point values on the feet vary? I have two of the Mimeticus figures and one has a pv of 3 and the other a pv of 2. Craig, do your doubles have different point values?

#64 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

Holy Lava monsters, Batman your right!

one of my magmion figures has a point value of 2 and the other 8

Lavion has a point value of 7 and another of 4

and Solitary Eagle has a points value of 2 and the other has a 6

but the cards have the same value as each other... how odd?!? i wonder why that is???

#65 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

The numbers on the feet apparently correspond to the game, but no hint on why they're random numbers. Probably just even more reason to get kids riled up about collecting them, to get better numbers and thus faster characters to kick more enemy Gormiti butt.

http://www.boardgame....com/game/32070

Edited by Boaconda, 26 February 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#66 estes95

estes95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Kinnikuman, MIMP, Mini Boglins, SLUG Zombies, Neclos Fortress, Fistful of Power, and more!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

What is it with you and the size of things? Every post I've seen from you lately is an inquiry of size. Are you writing a book or something?

Writing a book, I don't think so! B) I guess I should let you in on my secret reason for asking the size! :( I have a gigantic collection of toy soldier-type miniature figurines of all kinds--creatures, ethnic figures, mythological and religious figures, etc.--, most of which are the standard 1/32 scale, or about 54mm. I like to find interesting additions that more or less fit that scale. If they're too small or too big, I can't really use them! Besides collecting them, I use them in a form of Jungian imaginal therapy called Sandplay or Sandtray therapy. :p

#67 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:44 PM

Writing a book, I don't think so! :( I guess I should let you in on my secret reason for asking the size! :p I have a gigantic collection of toy soldier-type miniature figurines of all kinds--creatures, ethnic figures, mythological and religious figures, etc.--, most of which are the standard 1/32 scale, or about 54mm. I like to find interesting additions that more or less fit that scale. If they're too small or too big, I can't really use them! Besides collecting them, I use them in a form of Jungian imaginal therapy called Sandplay or Sandtray therapy. B)

B)
I thought I had noticed a trend, hahah.

#68 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

The numbers on the feet apparently correspond to the game, but no hint on why they're random numbers. Probably just even more reason to get kids riled up about collecting them, to get better numbers and thus faster characters to kick more enemy Gormiti butt.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. When the first series came out in Italy I remember posting in another Gormiti thread about the price of figures on eBay sometimes rocketing sky high, other times being lower. Well these were individual loose figures and I reckon the higher price ones were the ones with the higher numbers. I think it's a pretty cool idea to make them random, I'm not one for gameplay but if I was I'm sure it would make it more interesting B)

Posted Image

#69 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:09 AM

this is exactly the reason B)
even though between two same figures I would rather choose the one with less paint errors/imperfections, than the one with high number

Edited by nanoFatato, 27 February 2008 - 02:30 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#70 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

numbers on feet is for the game, you both pick a character and then add the power number on the card to the number on the feet and the highest is the winner, jo always loses beacuse i know which ones (by the way they are painted) has the higher numbers on the feet. she actually hates gormiti and boglins <_<
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#71 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

yeah i have noticed a lot of the lava leaders, i have four lava leaders two of each and one air leader and 1 earth leader so i need a foresty leader and a water leader.

the problem with the 4 packs you can only buy say 6 to get the leaders you need and then if you keep collecting them for the other figures you dont have you will always end up duplicating your leaders

#72 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

that one with two left arms is well strange, has anyone else seen any made incorrectly? (sorry u got doubles)

Hi!... I've never seen something like that. Funny.

#73 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hi. The size may vary: the average size is 4 cm (1,6 inches), but the leader from each people is taller (5 cm or more). The first series ones were much more thin, I mean the real first series and not the Energheia resculpts that are out now in U.K.
And they are molded in hard rubber and smell more or less like Mac Farlane's action figures.

#74 liprandi

liprandi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

Here is something ugly: Gormiti: the musical

#75 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

I think I'm going to be sick. But for the kiddies, that must be awesome, so good for them. To think Gormiti has become so ridiculously popular, and yet, how many people in the US like or even know about these things?! It boggles the mind.

ToyFare ought to get on this for a future article.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com