• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

Hello all,

My name is Jack Cambrian. I was obsessed with M.I.M.P. as a child and every now and then the obsession grabs me back again. I don't feel I have the time, space or money to devote to a collection at the moment but I like to keep tabs on what is selling on ebay and for how much etc. I sold to my childhood collection (complete series I, near-complete series II and IV, promotional cards and stickers from Australian Pizza Hut restaurants) to Brojo earlier this year. I got such a kick out of it, I've been searching for M.I.M.P. in second hand stores ever since, and have recently found a complete set of series I which I am currently selling on the ebay. I have a couple of questions for you knowledgable folks:
1. Are there any Australians here who can tell me the most common M.I.M.P. items that show up in second hand stores/op-shops? What is and isn't likely to be found?
2. What is the relative abundance of series I - normal vs. neon colour schemes? When were the neon colours brought out and how common are they?
3. How common are the series IV unpainted figures? Why do they exist at all?

Is there a website that collates all this sort of information in the one place? That would be extremely useful. Anyway, just wanted to say hello, how are you going, isn't a bummer that whole bigfoot corpse thing turned out to be a hoax etc. - Jack C.

Edited by jack cambrian, 23 August 2008 - 03:45 PM.

#2 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hello all,

My name is Jack Cambrian. I was obsessed with M.I.M.P. as a child and every now and then the obsession grabs me back again. I don't feel I have the time, space or money to devote to a collection at the moment but I like to keep tabs on what is selling on ebay and for how much etc. I sold to my childhood collection (complete series I, near-complete series II and IV, promotional cards and stickers from Australian Pizza Hut restaurants) to Brojo earlier this year. I got such a kick out of it, I've been searching for M.I.M.P. in second hand stores ever since, and have recently found a complete set of series I which I am currently selling on the ebay. I have a couple of questions for you knowledgable folks:
1. Are there any Australians here who can tell me the most common M.I.M.P. items that show up in second hand stores/op-shops? What is and isn't likely to be found?
2. What is the relative abundance of series I - normal vs. neon colour schemes? When were the neon colours brough out and how common are they?
3. How common are the series IV unpainted figures? Why do they exist at all?

Is there a website that collates all this sort of information in the one place? That would be extremely useful. Anyway, just wanted to say hello, how are you going, isn't a bummer that whole bigfoot corpse thing turned out to be a hoax etc. - Jack C.

Welcome, this site's got a lot of stuff http://www.raumhafen...mimp/index.html
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#3 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

Welcome, this site's got a lot of stuff http://www.raumhafen...mimp/index.html

Thanks. I've come across that site a few times in my searches and have found it most useful.

#4 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Welcome to the boards, don't forget to check out the fan art challenges and vote when a poll goes up.

#5 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:My Kids<br />Monster in my Pocket: Battle Cards<br />Monster in my Pocket: Select Figures<br />Easter Egg Mugs: From Around 1994<br />Online Gaming

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:56 AM

I do appologise buddy, welcome to the forums. I hope that you enjoy you time here, they are a really helpful bunch and its always great to make friends with people who have the same interests as one's self.
"No no no, it's a BONG not a BOMB!!!"
Kumar from "Harold & Kumar 2: Escape From Guantanamo Bay"

[url="http://"http://www.mimp.xsgc.co.uk"]My Collection[/url]

#6 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the information Brojo - really appreciated.

It's funny that you mention the magenta cerberus because I'm pretty sure I had one of those when I was younger, but I didn't like it because it seemed a bit anomolous compared to my practically neon-free collection!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com