• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

This is a question that is not exclusively related to M.I.M.P. (and I am happy to have it moved if there is a better subsection for it), but just outof interest is it better to sell little rubber guys singly or in groups? I've bought a bunch of monsters and I want to sell a significant portion of them off. Some dude is currently clogging up the eBay with about 30 wrestler in my pockets and it seems like such an inefficient way to go. What have your experiences been like?

#2 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

Well considering you've won almost every auction on ebay uk in the past 2 weeks you could sell them to people on the boards as a pick'n'mix type thing

generally if lots are too big they don't fetch as much money.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Keep in mind that, in general, MIMP Wrestlers don't have nearly the same demand as some the other MIMP Series. And IMO, they don't look like anything worthwhile.

I think it depends on just how many figures you've got to sell off. If it's 20 or so, you'd still get good money selling them in one shot. A hundred figures would be better off split into a few smaller lots. And of course, you ought to list particularly rare figures individually. More common premiums should be split up between lots to maximize the amount of figures sold.

But of course, selling them to the boards is also welcome! You avoid eBay fees and gain the satisfaction of aiding your fellow collectors!

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

In groups, unless it's something special.

#5 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

I say in groups as well. If you sell them individually, almost certainly there will be figures you will NEVER get rid of no matter how you try. If you sell the crap ones in the same lot as the more popular figures people will be almost forced to pay for ones they dont even want simply to get the ones they need. I think lots with 20-40 figures seem to sell the best. I've seen lots of ten up for weeks before someone buys them. Usually because there aren't enough popular figures to snag the interest of prospective buyers.

#6 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I might try to sell them through this site's board. I'm not sure if you guys would be that interested though - mostly just random series I and II.

#7 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:My Kids<br />Monster in my Pocket: Battle Cards<br />Monster in my Pocket: Select Figures<br />Easter Egg Mugs: From Around 1994<br />Online Gaming

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:14 AM

Well, since you probably snatched most of those auctions from out of my hands I agree with the guys that say sell them through the board :p

I am searching for a sizable amount of series 1 and 2 figures in (series 1) O.Green, D.Purple & Red and (series 2) Green & Blue so I will probably be interested in a fair amount of your figures. However, due to a recent realization in the series 1 colour sets I may be changing the colours I am after through neccessity rather than need because of the fact that they didn't release all 48 in 1 colour in the first 4 colour sets.

I need to update my site and my want page anyway, got a few more figures and got rid of some already (Aikola, I might need some of them back xD just kidding) so I will get back to you on that when you've decided what your doing.
"No no no, it's a BONG not a BOMB!!!"
Kumar from "Harold & Kumar 2: Escape From Guantanamo Bay"

[url="http://"http://www.mimp.xsgc.co.uk"]My Collection[/url]

#8 blinkpip

blinkpip

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

I would probably be interested in Series 1 old colours. i'm after about 7.

I got a Tengu in light blue i'm willing to trade (came in monster game uk).

#9 nicodemus

nicodemus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:- * - * - * - * -<br />http://www.oldweiler.com

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

I'm not sure if you guys would be that interested though - mostly just random series I and II.

Not everyone on here has an 'established' MIMP collection. I'm sure I'm not the only one working on building a collection from the ground up...so what might be random and common to you, could in turn help out someone else a great deal.

I wouldn't rule out sellin' 'em here (or at least offering up a list of extras, etc. with prices).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

I'm not sure I'm going to sell them at all. I think I'm going to start collecting again, so I'm more interested in trading at the moment.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com