• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

What a reputation this game has. Kinnikuman Muscle Tag Match is considered one of the worst games of the Famicom/NES era. Only 8 gold cartridges were made and one sold for $10,000.

Kotaku Kinnikuman link

Were there any good kinnikuman games before the gamecube and ps2 versions?
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#2 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

Actually, having played just about every wrestling game made for the NES, I find it to be the BEST wrestling game. Easy controls, non-complex move set, and no weird pin rules. Just beat the crap out of someone and walk around a ring.

Beats the hell out of stuff like Westlemana and Wrestlemania Challange that I went nuts for when I was a kid.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#3 nevdog81

nevdog81

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Vintage video games, Football cards, comics pre-1999, Most action figures from the 1970- early 1990's.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

I really liked the GBA Ultimate Muscle game, controlls were not to hard and the story was pretty dang funny!

#4 TheNinja

TheNinja

Demon Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Has a ROM turned up anywhere for this?  According the Japanese wikipedia entry, the Gold Cartidge verison has an entirely different roster of characters:

*Ramenman replaced with Mongolman

*Asuraman replaced with Pentagon

*Terryman replaced with Black Hole

*Brocken Jr. replaced with The Ninja

#5 Bronty

Bronty

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

Very cool thx for sharing, I don't collect famicom but I didn't know of this. Neat!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com