• Please log in to reply
5966 replies to this topic

#4201 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Tabletop Games, Cartoons, Superheroes, Photography.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

Hey Draznar!

That little bull guy is my first attempt at casting. The mold produces more of these poor creatures. 

I'm hoping you might be able to save it, but I was having serious trouble getting the hands vented properly. I'm a total novice.

He's from a Pokemon knock-off line called "catch a monster" (but I'm pretty sure I've also seen it called "catch 'em monster" on official packaging"). 

I've cast up another guy from that same obscure line, but I'm still struggling to get a perfect mold on "Taurus" there.

Come see my collection on Instagram: 

www.instagram.com/smotemotem/

#4202 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM

Hey Draznar!

That little bull guy is my first attempt at casting. The mold produces more of these poor creatures. 

I'm hoping you might be able to save it, but I was having serious trouble getting the hands vented properly. I'm a total novice.

He's from a Pokemon knock-off line called "catch a monster" (but I'm pretty sure I've also seen it called "catch 'em monster" on official packaging"). 

I've cast up another guy from that same obscure line, but I'm still struggling to get a perfect mold on "Taurus" there.

I know absolute jack about molding! I can send it down to one of my many casting friends though if they're willing to take a look at it if you'd like? Perhaps give you some pointers?

Lots of folks around here are casters, and create great works. If you're in need of some help/tips, I encourage you to seek them out! For a first try, I'd say you did well here. He's solid, that's for sure!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4203 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Toys, Video Games, Tabletop Games, Cartoons, Superheroes, Photography.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

I know absolute jack about molding! I can send it down to one of my many casting friends though if they're willing to take a look at it if you'd like? Perhaps give you some pointers?

Lots of folks around here are casters, and create great works. If you're in need of some help/tips, I encourage you to seek them out! For a first try, I'd say you did well here. He's solid, that's for sure!

I've gotten a few pointers on Instagram, but I think I chose the wrong mold-making material. The Stuff I used was a two-part silicone compound that was pretty firm and thus, tricky to work with. It also had about a 5 - 10 minute working time before it started to solidify. So if you didn't have your vents and everything else positioned perfectly in that time frame, you just wasted a substantial portion of the material.

I would be curious to learn if anybody has tips for altering a mold that's already been built. Or are those just beyond hope?

#4204 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

Finally found Ziggie #155!  Only 10 more to go!

Attached Files

#4205 Smotemotem

Smotemotem

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Finally found Ziggie #155!  Only 10 more to go!

What a crazy time to acquire this one.

#4206 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:58 PM

Moar One Piece!

Attached Files

#4207 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

Been wanting this set for a long time. The Aerial HK is awesome! Got it MOC from eBay for a great price
20160204_144150_zpsewyjokrz.jpg
20160204_144156_zpsliwvndwg.jpg

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

#4208 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

Moar One Piece!

I dig the fat guy holding the roast, heh.  Very Toriyama-like.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#4209 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:21 AM

Traded Dixebull some MUSCLEs for some MUSCLEs, and he sent me some baller extras!!! 

Attached Files

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#4210 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

Check out these two Gollum figures that I found at Savers!  The regular one comes with a dead rabbit, and the green variant comes with a dead fish.  Maybe a trade is in order?  Awesome sculpts by Daniel Horne. 

Attached Files

#4211 BodegaJustice

BodegaJustice

Anything But Beautiful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling LRG, Boglins

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

Not a toy, but kinnikuman related. Really huge and awesome art book!

hswrQ4V.jpg

The pictures inside are so amazing. NEED this on a t shirt!!

PNJBqTR.jpg

#4212 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

Not a toy, but kinnikuman related. Really huge and awesome art book!

hswrQ4V.jpg

The pictures inside are so amazing. NEED this on a t shirt!!

PNJBqTR.jpg

Aw man that is cool!!!!! I loved when Terryman fought the Mountain!!!

#4213 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

Check out these two Gollum figures that I found at Savers!  The regular one comes with a dead rabbit, and the green variant comes with a dead fish.  Maybe a trade is in order?  Awesome sculpts by Daniel Horne. 

cool find; I was mail-ordering the Toy Vault figures as a teenager back when they were being released; still have a MOC Gandalf the White. It was an interesting pre-LotR films period when Tolkien products were pretty hard to come by. These each would've come with a few other accessories depending on the variant. (though I think both came with a little rowboat)

I have most of the sculpts loose but I quit following the releases before Gollum came out so I don't have one. If you're interested in trading one or both of those we could probably work something out.

#4214 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

cool find; I was mail-ordering the Toy Vault figures as a teenager back when they were being released; still have a MOC Gandalf the White. It was an interesting pre-LotR films period when Tolkien products were pretty hard to come by. These each would've come with a few other accessories depending on the variant. (though I think both came with a little rowboat)

I have most of the sculpts loose but I quit following the releases before Gollum came out so I don't have one. If you're interested in trading one or both of those we could probably work something out.

Yes, they both had a little rowboat. The green variant is a PX previews exclusive.  That one only also has a stand, even though there are no holes in their feet for such stands.  I saw they are pretty cheap on ebay, so I opened them up.  The same thrift store also had 3 identical packs of Gimli -- none of which were variants.  Passed on those.  I just thought these dudes were dope -- excellent sculpt.   I am not much into LOTR myself, but I would love to get a Treebeard figure some day.

But yeah I would definitely give them up to a LOTR fan.  Also, let me know if you want me to go back for Gimli X3!

Edited by steverotters, 05 February 2016 - 10:43 PM.

#4215 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

You got any gold or silver layin around? I could sell ya some Neclos!

Holy shit, is that a callback to the old Comrade?!

#4216 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:54 AM

It has to be. Nobody else around here dealt with silver and gold!

I wonder what that guy is up to these days.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4217 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

It has to be. Nobody else around here dealt with silver and gold!

I wonder what that guy is up to these days.

the-arnold-glare-o.gif

#4218 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

the-arnold-glare-o.gif

You can't tell me you're not a little bit curious! Has he gone onto greener pastures to peddle his wares for precious metals?

Part of me needs to know.

<p> </p>
<p>

#4219 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

I hoped somebody would notice! Haha

Starting up a "rubber guys for gold" service!

Edited by redjarojam, 06 February 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#4220 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

You can't tell me you're not a little bit curious! 

Yes, I can. 

#4221 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

You can't tell me you're not a little bit curious! Has he gone onto greener pastures to peddle his wares for precious metals?

Part of me needs to know.

Here he is...

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#4222 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Has he gone out to pasture

#4223 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

I won a lottery for this effer. My first FiveStar....About busted the zipper out of my pants when I received this. Muscle figure for size comp. There's no way to express my happiness in a satisfactory manner! I felt like cutting my cheeks like the Joker, because my smile couldn't get any bigger. Thought of opening it up and having him stomp all over some kinnikuman and muscle, to make a space for himself on my shelf hahaha.....
Attached File  image.jpeg   183.37K   7 downloads

Edited by Sixthwizard, 06 February 2016 - 11:10 PM.

#4224 BodegaJustice

BodegaJustice

Anything But Beautiful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling LRG, Boglins

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

I won a lottery for this effer. My first FiveStar....About busted the zipper out of my pants when I received this. Muscle figure for size comp. There's no way to express my happiness in a satisfactory manner! I felt like cutting my cheeks like the Joker, because my smile couldn't get any bigger. Thought of opening it up and having him stomp all over some kinnikuman and muscle, to make a space for himself on my shelf hahaha.....

BEAUTIFUL!! Thought about applying for the lottery too but my wallet wouldn't be ready for the subsequent sofubi addiction.

Edited by BodegaJustice, 07 February 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#4225 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

Odd cheapo robots with Xevoz elements?

Attached File  IMG_0894.JPG   130.11K   18 downloads

Remember those generic sets from a few years ago that were packaged with Halo-like neon aliens, tanks, mounted guns, etc.?  I think these robots use those molds.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com