34 replies to this topic

#1 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

Alright folks, lets see everyone's most recent toy purchase.

As of today I bought my second Betrayal of Felucia battle pack, Star Wars set, and made a little set up for it right quick.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

I got that battle pack as well. A very nice set. I just got 4 6 inch Transformers Titaniums: The Fallen, Cheetor, RID Prime, and War Within Starscream. All 4 are very cool.

#3 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

Here was my Star Wars run today:

Elite Corps Trooper x1
Combat Engineer Trooper x3
5th Fleet Security Trooper x1
Commander Appo x1

Total came up $40 exact. Was gonna pick up another Elite, Combat, and new Jedi (name escapes me atm), but decided to wait till tomorrow to see what new things (if any) show up on tonight truck....I do wish they had more Appo's though.

Posted Image

#4 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:31 AM

i saw the felucia set the other day but passwed on it b/c i was looking for the last wave of figs which i can't locate anywhere!!! and i'm still looking for the walmart exclusive wave. if any of you guys can help out that would be great! and i would do the same for you if your looking for a specific item(s).

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#5 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

Are you talking about the last of the Saga line that includes Commander Appo and Holo Obi, or are you talking about the 30th anniversery figs? 30th figs have only been spoted in texas and flordia (in US) from what Ive read. To tell the truth, of the stores that carry SW figs over here, only my TRU is the place that Ive found the last saga wave. I put out another two cases of SW figs this morning before store opening, and within an hour or so of the open, almost everything new was taken. The Walmart figs Ive only seen once around here.

Posted Image

#6 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

i justed scored pretty much all the figs i was looking for w/ the exception of the elite corps trooper, and the purple r2 unit & aurra singh from the walmart wave. i got about 20 figs for $90 at my area "Toy Con" this morning. i saw the 30th ann. figs there but i wasn't paying $10 each for them if they are just hitting the stores. if any of you are looking for galactic hunt figs i got obiwan, grievous, and han solo on mint cards for a good price.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

#7 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

Love the elite troopers...but thats only cause Ive been a fan of the scout troopers since Return.....and there is only one Return, and its not of the King, its of the Jedi :unsure: I would of picked up more, but I had wanted to see if 30th figs came in on that nights truck for the next morning (nope).

Picked up another Commander Appo yesterday, so Im up to two, but I removed the gear from him to make a norm trooper. Might get another Betrayal of Felucia set since it only comes out to about $5 per figure so it helps to build my Felucia army, but I will end up with my fourth Aayla Secura....custom fodder for Darth Talon I guess.

Posted Image

#8 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:16 AM

do you do star wars customs? I used to a few years back, but I got tired of it. and dropped it all together. I still got a crapload of custom fodder and figs I never got to finish. I got around 50+ custom figs that i did, not most of them were actually made. :unsure:

I'll just keeping trying my luck on geting that elite trroper, I do love the feel of finding something to complete my collection. but if you come across another one and wanna hook me up that weould be great.

=)

#9 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

do you do star wars customs? I used to a few years back, but I got tired of it. and dropped it all together. I still got a crapload of custom fodder and figs I never got to finish. I got around 50+ custom figs that i did, not most of them were actually made. -_-

I'll just keeping trying my luck on geting that elite trroper, I do love the feel of finding something to complete my collection. but if you come across another one and wanna hook me up that weould be great.

=)

SW is the great temptation for me..

I love the concept of light body armored troopers en masses & have gone so far to make custom modified parts to allow for greater articulation but the SW figures in total put me off for some reason.

I think maybe because its to much (volume). Id spring for an Elite Corps trooper to hack up and make better but i couldnt see myself dropping money on a Vader or Luke or Anakin for any reason no matter how incredible they were.

On topic lol: Recently ive picked up a RID Megatron & Galvatron (both incomplete/broken) in order tomake a custom mech . Im unsure whether or not ill make the mech able to accomodate Battle Beast figures or figures that are smaller.

Either way that RID MEgatron is damn impressive.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#10 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

Yeah Ive done a few Star Wars custom figures, and got a few more planned for later. I dont have quit as many customs as you do as of yet. To tell the truth, the only place Ive seen that wave has been TRU, the other stores around here have the older wave...from what Ive seen.

Posted Image

Picked up:

Shadow Trooper Unleashed
Obi Unleashed
Anakin Unleashed
my 3rd Betrayal of Felucia Battle Pack (wanted the yellow troopers)
and a USB Flash Drive

Posted Image

#11 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

i gotta get me that shadow stormie!!!

=0

#12 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

Lets see, today I picked up:

Clone Trooper Sergeant x2
Scorch
Aurra Sing
Commander Appo
Nabrun Leids & Kabe
Yarael Poof
R4-K5

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

I'm quite surprised to learn that people are still buying Star Wars toys.

the last time I bought anything, there was a new movie in the theaters, I just ain't as into it as I used to be.

#14 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

thems fighting words boy!! ;)

I mainly just stick with getting troopers and clones, as well as Boba Fett items, with the occasional other figures. I had stopped buying SW figuers for many years (except Fett) until I started working at TRU...now Im stuck on it once again.

By the by picked up 3 more Combat Engineer's today.

Edited by Sniper33, 10 March 2007 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#15 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

i think i buy for the sole purpose of buying, if i see something i don't have i just buy it. i have so many holes in my collection right now its pathetic! i never used to let waves slip by, it just seems like they repack figs just to fill in gaps when they should be producing more new figs, and leave the old peg warmers in storage or sell them to the dollar stores or outlets. there are so many figs thay can make it just sick. i didn't score anything today but i'm hoping to get out there tomorrow in hopes that i do!!!

=)

#16 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

Here is today's hauling:

Posted Image

Not really a fan of vehicles, but I thought these two looked pretty neat. Darths ship matches up with my custom trooper assassin pretty good, and the other one looks just plain neat.

Posted Image

#17 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:29 AM

thems fighting words boy!! :D

I mainly just stick with getting troopers and clones, as well as Boba Fett items, with the occasional other figures. I had stopped buying SW figuers for many years (except Fett) until I started working at TRU...now Im stuck on it once again.

By the by picked up 3 more Combat Engineer's today.

See, I just hate what SW has become......no offense to you, if you love it, you love it.

I just don't like what the fandom has become, and I really dislike Boba Fett as a character........since he didn't really......do anything.

that's not to say you've got no right to love it, I'm just stating the reasons I do not.

by all means, if it makes you happy, and you love it, my words will never change that for you, nor do I have the right to try to sway you with them.

I once loved it, I just don't anymore.

as for recent acquisitions of my own, I haven't gotten much new, I think my newest items are the 3" Transformers Titaniums Predaking, Transformers Classics Thrust, and Reissue Soundwave.

oh, and I bought a couple of the 3 3/4" Marvel Legends Showdown figures because they were on sale, and I can use a Spiderman and Green Goblin in that scale.

#18 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:10 AM

Not to pile on Star Wars, but I've totally given up SW collecting. I used to be one of the "old timers", those who were actively collecting since before the POTF2 days. But after over a decade of the same characters seeing plastic over and over, it just got trite. When Hasbro produces a remake of an alien that had less than a few seconds of screen time, that in turn was a remake of a previous version, that in turn was a remake of the vintage figure... you know things are getting repetitive (yes, I'm talking about you, Hammerhead and Bossk). I think if you're a fan of the prequels, then things are new and interesting... otherwise, you're in a rut. We talked about this further in the Hasbro/Lucasfilm thread.

Anyway, back on topic, the most recent toy I've purchased was a Batman animated Robin figure. It's totally out of proportion with both Batman and Batgirl (so much so that they all seem like they're from different toy lines) but I like the figure's sculpt and attitude.

#19 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

Think before I restarted with Star Wars it had been since PotF2 figs that I collected (and before that the originals) so I missed alot of the new Prequel figures. I mainly focus with the Clones for little armies and such, and the occasional Jedi figures. They are also gonna start releasing figures from the EU lines, like KotOR, and the new Force Unleashed game. From when I started collecting again to now, I can say that there are ALOT of reissues and simple repaints, so it does get dull with that, especially when those figures start clogging the shelves cause no one wants them.

Newest things:

Endor Luke Skywalker
R5-J2
Elite Corps Clone Trooper

I would love to add the new and old Cult Classics figures to my list sometime, but the only place that really sells them here (Suncoast) has closed down awhile ago.... :lol:

Posted Image

#20 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

I will say that, for people who are new or have taken a break and are just getting back into collecting Star Wars, it's a great time to be a collector. The figures are the best they've ever been, and the 12" Sideshow figures are probably the best Star Wars toys ever. In a way, I'm a bit disappointed that I got tired of it when I did. But not disappointed enough to start collecting again.

By the way, that clone on the far left of your signature is pretty sweet, Sniper. Is it a custom?

#21 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

You talking about the Blue one next to the....blue one :lol: But yeah, took armor from another figure, painted the fig and gear up and put it all together.

Posted Image

#22 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image

There finished with Wave 1 of TAC. still need to get some more Airborn and Galatic Marines

Posted Image

#23 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:36 AM

so the coin album w/ darth vader will be in stores.......sweet!!! i hope to find these this weekend while i'm out shopping. its times like these that i wish i still worked at FAO, and had access to all the toys i wantee as they came off the trucks. :lol:

=)

Edited by lazzy lizard, 15 March 2007 - 03:37 AM.

#24 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

Yeah they are in stores, they come in their own box not with all the other figures. Picked up the following today:

Airborne Troopers x2
Galatic Marines x2
Super Battle Droid
Mace
Concept Storm Trooper
Lava Miner

Now I have two complete sets, one for open and other to keep sealed. Got the extra Clones cause as of now Commander Bacara looks pretty sad with just one soldier behind him, and I want to flesh out my Utapau army.

Posted Image

#25 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

My recent acquisitions are here and two of the figure below.
Posted Image

The first one is much better. :unsure:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com