139 replies to this topic

#76 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:39 AM

After what happened this weekend, do you ~REALLY~ want more pics posted on this board after we've been thinking of a million nude women in swimming pools?

And Doc, I'm asking Veers. Not you. We know your answer.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#77 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:41 AM

After what happened this weekend, do you ~REALLY~ want more pics posted on this board after we've been thinking of a million nude women in swimming pools?

This thread is about one thing:

One Millllllion Muscles

I'd love to see the progress Czarcher has made. :p

#78 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

Do negative numbers count?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#79 Jamesullivan

Jamesullivan

M.U.S.C.L.E. Champion 123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Self personal training, sports, RPGs, dogs, and lots of hot tea(black plain with no milk or sugar..though someimes I use a cinnamin or rock candy stick).

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

Not to rain on anyone's parade if one does accumulate one million M.U.S.C.L.E.s, but perhaps 2-3 million should be your goal. Just think, every time you see the M.U.S.C.L.E. logo and read Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere, but you don't have millions :lol: , you have a million :M: . That may begin to weigh on you. :banana: If you bought 2 large mirrors it would seem like millions.

However besides having achieved greatness in the M.U.S.C.L.E.,ummm toy community,ummmm collector's community you would be able to open your very own M.U.S.C.L.E. store. The doors could be made to resemble Junkman's hands, Sunshine could be the basis for all the furniture, resembling the likeness of each figure. Many colors, but mostly that M.U.S.C.L.E. pink. M.U.S.C.L.E. keyrings, earings, pencil toppers. You could sell Sunshine tops seperately for a inflated price. Regular sized clear garbage cans full of one color figures, one garbage can for each color. One additional can for damaged. The extra figures that would not be sold seperately would be in the stock room. As for packaged figures, they would have to carry outrageous prices. Have an offer on the store advertisement that if you posess a M.U.S.C.L.E. figure that cannot be located in the store, the figure can be traded in for a thousand M.U.S.C.L.E.s. The restrooms will have urinals just like the urinal man figure. Hammers and pliers just like the smaller figures. Goofy balls like the volleyball figure. The store vendors would of course have to wear Kinnikuman masks. Gumball machines with all sorts of bootlegs. A cash register and computer like the two robots. Security cameras resembling the VCR man and the security guards to resemble the robin mask knight look. Perhaps a ball play pen for younger children filled with the volleyball figures(arms and legs being chopped off).

Well perhaps I went a little off topic,

Collect one million M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, perhaps we should just add up everyone's current collections and see if we could even put a dent in that number. I am at about 500, give or take a few! :p
Fight for M.U.S.C.L.E.
On second thought, just watch.... M.U.S.C.L.E. Wrestling Videos

#80 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

I am currently sitting on about 8,000 - 10,000 that need to be sorted and put into sets.

#81 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

I don't have many, but I've got about 350 ;) Every little counts :D
Posted Image

#82 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

i have at least 500. we are counting just muscles, and not kinkeshi right?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#83 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

1433 total for me,1295 in my master set. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#84 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

i have about 450

#85 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

I have about 325--hoping to (at least) double that within the next six months.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#86 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

1433 total for me,1295 in my master set. :D

;) Awesome avatar Meat. Very fitting !

#87 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

1433 total for me,1295 in my master set. :D

;) Awesome avatar Meat. Very fitting !

Thanks Bro,nice to see you popping around again. :lol:

#88 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

I have like 410 unique, and around 15-20 dupes. Pretty weak, but i've been meaning to get on that. ;)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#89 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Dang....It's weird how stuff can change so much in little over a year. ;)

Posted Image

#90 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Dang....It's weird how stuff can change so much in little over a year. :lol:

im still here...................so put a smile on you face. :wacko:

#91 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Dang....It's weird how stuff can change so much in little over a year. :lol:

im still here...................so put a smile on you face. :wacko:

:e2x5: Now I want to collect One Million Muttonchops. :huh:

Posted Image

#92 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Dang....It's weird how stuff can change so much in little over a year. :wacko:

im still here...................so put a smile on you face. :e2x5:

:huh: Now I want to collect One Million Muttonchops. :D

I'd be willing to donate mine to the cause. :lol:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#93 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:36 AM

did anyone ever come up with a weight or volume estimate for 1 mill muscles? :lol:
Posted Image

#94 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:38 AM

I have about 1000.

People who have recorded their collections on the MuscleDB have a total of 59,422 MUSCLEs. Yeah, yeah, I know the flaws of the MuscleDB, but at least it gives us a ballpark estimate. But a few collectors don't have their entire collections recorded there, like Johnny and me. But judging by that number, I'd say that the number of MUSCLEs in circulation (meaning, that still exist) now number roughly 100,000.

#95 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:52 AM

I don't think I'm being too unrealistic.

Still my favorite line. ;)

Anyways, here's one other way to play the numbers game.

My guess is that a "serious" collector has approximately 1500 figures, and a "regular" collector has approximately 500. We currently have 1602 members of this board, half of those can be thrown away as worthless accounts – which gives us 801 people (maybe a good guess of all collectors, on the board or otherwise). I think about 20% (160 people) of those people would be serious collectors (240,000 figures), the remaining 641 people would have 320,500. That's a total of 560,500 figures.

My little number game makes me feel like easily a million figures were made back in the 80's.

#96 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

I was going to reply with some long equation based on numerical assumptions, but I don't think it would have added anything extra to the discussion.

I was probably lowballing it with my estimate, and I'd say the "truth" is somewhere between my estimate and Veers'. If we were being scientific about it, we would take an average of both Veers' estimate and mine to find a probable number of about 330,000 MUSCLEs available today.

As for the number of MUSCLEs available back in the day, there's probably no way to come up with a reasonable estimate. The only reliable data I've found for the numbers of toys produced are on the Playmates Star Trek figures that had the production numbers printed on the feet. I think they got into the 150,000 range for some figures (my Season 1 Worf has a number of about 126,000), but that probably depends on the character. I can see them selling 150,000 Worfs, but not that many Benzites. Still, that's probably about a million figures each wave.

MUSCLE is a totally different line both in collecting style and in consumer appeal so the numbers are probably totally different. I can't imagine that Mattel would produce 150,000 of each figure, because there's no way that there would be enough consumers collecting every figure to buy them. But there might have been a million of them total made back in the day.

#97 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

I don't think I'm being too unrealistic.

Still my favorite line. ;)

Still a DOUCHE I see !

Piss off A-Hole !

YOU'RE one of the reasons I don't come around here much anymore. You're a disgrace to LRG !

#98 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

My little number game makes me feel like easily a million figures were made back in the 80's.

I'd have to agree. A 4-pack case contained 576 figures. Multiply that by who knows how many stores sold them back in the '80s, and then factor in the 10-packs and 28-packs...and then work in multiple orders/re-orders...

Is it possible that tens or hundreds of millions of M.U.S.C.L.E.s were made? Not really. Is it likely? Hell no. Mattel has made over a billion Hot Wheels cars, but that took over 20 years. I can't see more than a couple-few million M.U.S.C.L.E.s having been made back in the day, and I'd guess maybe 250,000 to 350,000 are still around. But that's just a guess, and it should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#99 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:04 AM

YOU'RE one of the reasons I don't come around here much anymore. You're a disgrace to LRG !

I'm you're excuse for not posting more, I'm sure you still lurk. I think the real reason you don't post more is that you've taken quite a bit of heat for your complaining in art contests and this thread is an embarrassment. Really I think you should be mature enough to realize when you've done something ridiculous and embrace it. At this point, even you should laugh at this thread. But not everybody has the ability to laugh at themselves because they don't have the confidence to do it. My impression is that confidence, not me, is the real issue. I'm simply your scapegoat, which is fine with me. I'm sure this defensiveness has proven effective for coping with lots of things, it's a very common behavior.

Back on topic, yeah I agree with you too Jet. When you think that TRU used to simply order everything from a manufacturer it's hard to imagine how many figures TRU alone put into circulation. Then throw in all the smaller toy stores, grocery stores, and even mom and pop shops. And on top of it all, they had a low price-point.

EDIT - Czarcher, you continue to illustrate my point for me. You don't have anything insightful, creative, funny, clever, and/or mean to say. You simply glob on to an unrelated post and post a picture of me and my son. You're simply too afraid to actually say something with merit. Instead you bury this post in something that most people won't even notice. You've made your passive-aggressive move, which makes you feel better, but it is so meaningless that no one notices – so it is safe for you.

Edited by General Veers, 06 January 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#100 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

I think the only way to settle this dispute is to have a Super Top Trumps battle between Veers and Czarcher. So...any volunteers to come up with the stats? Veers obviously will have 'Fear Factor' 100!! Nothing beats 'Fear Factor' 100!!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com