126 replies to this topic

#1 ErnieB

ErnieB

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

Happened to find these in Walmart the other day and wanted to see if anyone else had any, possibly for trade.

Series 1 appears to be just 8 figures and they are about 1 inch tall and made of a rubbery material. They come inside of a small colored ball ( several different colors but i dont think they relate to what character is inside ) that opens like plastic easter eggs do. Its about the size of a pingpong ball. Due to this, it is a "blind" purchase. They retail for about $0.97.

My camera is broke but heres a pic from an ebay auction for one....

Posted Image

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

Neat. I haven't seen them around Columbus, but I'll keep my eyes open, and fingers crossed for a Hulk!

#3 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

Huh.

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

Muscle Sized Marvel Characters . Why these appeal to me more than the Handful of Heroes i'm not sure.

Are they more than an inch tall or less than an inch tall?
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#4 ErnieB

ErnieB

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Huh.

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

Muscle Sized Marvel Characters . Why these appeal to me more than the Handful of Heroes i'm not sure.

Are they more than an inch tall or less than an inch tall?

I just measured my wolverine ( like in the pic above ) and he is about 1 5/8" tall.

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

What section were they in? Boys? With the cheap toys, or checkout lanes?

#6 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

In Boise they are in a big display box underneath the Marvel Universe toys in the boy section.

#7 ErnieB

ErnieB

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Im in NE Ohio and found mine on an endcap just past the greeting card isles. They were in a large cardboard gravity box type of display.

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

I picked up one, on a whim today... Got the leaping Wolverine, but was hoping for a Hulk. Also hoping, that the secret Hulk shaped guy is Red Hulk...
But maybe that is TOO much awesome to expect?

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

I looked and didn't see them. I'll give it another go next time. If there are only 8 figs, then they are:

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Spider-Man (Web)
Spider-Man (Crouch)
Wolverine
Wolverine (Leap)
Hulk

And It appears there will be a DC set as well. http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb9cff91d

Posted Image

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Found them. These guys are alot smaller than I thought. I snagged 5, and got 2 Caps, 2 different Spideys, and Iron Man. Not bad little guys, if not a tad steep at .97 cents a pop. About the size of a gumball. I think they would be better if they were .50 cents each. And I did notice the 2 shadowed images on the feeder box. So I guess there are 10 figures. Looks like another Hulk and Spidey to me. Maybe a Black Costume and Red or Grey Hulk.

I may snag a few more if I get the chance. But for now, they aren't nothing too special.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 12 December 2011 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

It's red hulk, for sure.
I picked up three hulks (two green and one red), and to be honest, it was pretty easy to pick them out. They are the weightiest of all of the figures.

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

Cool, I'll try that next time. I tried shaking them. Different sculpts rattle differently. But a dude was standing right behind me for like 5 minutes. Felt like he was watching me shake these little balls, so I got paranoid and accidentally grabbed 2 caps I guess. :p

I'm gonna try a light next time too. If you can get a good light upto the ball you can see a little of a silhouette with the white and yellow ones. I have a light on my cell phone.

Posted Image

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

You shouldn't need all of that, as the weight difference is huge.

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

Okay, so picked up a few more of these from Wallyworld, and I may have found a pattern, concerning Rulk. So far, I've been able to draw out hulks at will by the sheer weight of the figures... And I have managed to find two Rulks... What is interesting, is that they BOTH came in red colored balls. If anybody finds any in other colored ball containers, definitely post your findings!

The count, so far: 2 leaping Wolverines, 1 Captain America, 2 Rulks, and 4 Incredible Hulks.

#15 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Can you post pics~? :D

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Here you go!

They're kind of hard to get a clear picture of, because of the size, and also because of my utter lack of photographic skill.
I put them down next to a quarter, for anybody curious about their size.

Attached Files

#17 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Oooh! Like those Hulks. I'll definitely check the weights if I get the chance.

I was wanting to use a light, cause I was thinking of getting one of each, and don't want to have to buy more than necessary.

Posted Image

#18 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

I'd check the red ones first. Happy hunting!

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Make that four Red Hulks.

#20 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

But then how will the kids complete their collections if you keep hoarding all the Hulks?!

Won't somebody think of the children! :cray:

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

I think the kids in town will survive minus a gob of hulk toys.

Besides, I do think of the children... Every time I have to consider what kind of meat to put in my chili.

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Besides, I do think of the children... Every time I have to consider what kind of meat to put in my chili.

:lol:

Also the feeder boxes for these things must have hundreds of figures in there. If that's the case and the allocation was perfect there should be at least 20 of each figure in a box. :p

Posted Image

#23 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm not too concerned about kids being deprived of Red Hulk, considering who he is. His comic is geared towards the older crowd, with his secret identity being what it is.
I have a nice little handful of Red Hulks, but I'm not looking to hock them on Ebay or anything. I may trade ONE of them, but I got them for me and my runt.

I may do a little custom painting on one of my green hulks, to make the compound hulk from Hulk #30 (Even if it is a paint by numbers story by Jeph Loeb, ripping his work on Superman/Batman: Vengeance).

#24 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

I had been meaning to slip into Mal-Wart to check if they carry these. Never got around to it. However, my family and I were at Dollar Tree today. We were checking out and I thought I'd see if they started carrying any more of the GPK reboot card packs. Didn't see any of those but they did have the tub o Heroics. I was happy to plunk down a few bucks for me and my boys to have a little toy drama wondering what figgie we had chosen. I got Spidey in standing action pose, 1 kid got Thor holding up Mjolnir, and the other kid got Cap charging forward. They're simplistic but quite good sculpts considering the size. Not at the top of my list of fave mini figs but undeniably cool at the same time. Wish I read Ironmask's scouting reports before as I had wanted Hulk & Rulk. Will execute his findings some other time as these will surely be landing in some stockings later on! Good find Ironmask!!!

#25 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

:teehee:

I've cooled off a bit on my Hulk hunting, but after the holidays, if they're still around, I plan on continuing my horde of hulks. If you haven't gotten your hands on any by then, let me know.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com