72 replies to this topic

#1 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:54 AM

I think there's a few people here interested in the TMNT Companion Figures, I know that they are certainly one of my favorite LRGs. After the initial early Toypedia entry more and more started appearing on our radar so Soupie and I thought we'd give them their own site.

I may add the Monster Trapper Companions at a later date and also go for the Sewer Heroes' Companions in all colors...but for now:

Posted Image

If anyone finds any more please let us know! :sick:

Posted Image

#2 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

I remember how the package art always showed the sidekicks with at least a little paint, such as eyes and teeth. A part of me would still like to paint some of mine as they were shown, but another part wants them "pristine" as they came packaged :)

Joe Eyeball is one of the coolest little monsters ever cast in plastic, I think. I love gooey, tentacled, eye-stalked creatures. My favorite as a kid was screwloose, though, and my favorite now is "fly friend"...he has almost a Daddy Roth look to him, and flies are up there in my favorite "bugs" anyhow. Naturally, as a kid I used him more as Baxter's sidekick than Napoleon's.

Many of these are completely new to me, most notably the first four (I didn't realize those came with their own little mutants!) love the insect and the slimy-looking yellow monster.

The cactus and the flower are pretty unique, too.

Edited by scythemantis, 25 September 2008 - 11:14 AM.

#3 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

I remember how the package art always showed the sidekicks with at least a little paint, such as eyes and teeth. A part of me would still like to paint some of mine as they were shown, but another part wants them "pristine" as they came packaged ;)

Joe Eyeball is one of the coolest little monsters ever cast in plastic, I think. I love gooey, tentacled, eye-stalked creatures. My favorite as a kid was screwloose, though, and my favorite now is "fly friend"...he has almost a Daddy Roth look to him, and flies are up there in my favorite "bugs" anyhow. Naturally, as a kid I used him more as Baxter's sidekick than Napoleon's.

Many of these are completely new to me, most notably the first four (I didn't realize those came with their own little mutants!) love the insect and the slimy-looking yellow monster.

The cactus and the flower are pretty unique, too.

I could have guessed that you'd like Joe Eyeball from looking at your awesome artwork! My memory played a trick on me and I actually thought Fly Friend came with Baxter before someone on here stated otherwise - they do make a good pair

I showed a couple of those painted pictures in the info section:

Posted Image

It's pretty cool that someone is hooking me up with images of proto's, one of which being the Kid Kangie hard copy, hand painted by the original sculptor :)

Posted Image

#4 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

great job! (i like the layout and logo)
but to be honest, when i first looked at it, the sound that came outta my mouth started with an "F" and ended with a "K" and had a long painfull sound in the middle (somewhere between a sigh and a groan)
i think it was the sound of my spirit packing it in.
:)
everytime i get 1 closer i end up finding out i'm farther away.

anyway, i agree w/ scythe - i think flyboy is very ratfink / nuttymads / wierd-ohs in style - such an awesome sculpt!

and matt since you have such nice pics - you wont be needing the figures anymore right???
i'll take 'em

seriously, i won't mind

#5 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:18 AM

thanks S4P! I know Soups spent a while getting the logo right, and I like the way he put Fly Friend is just buzzing around :M:

I think that is the lot now for TMNT Companions other than the Monster Trappers, nobody over on the TMNT forum has told me of any more...if you find any more let me know!

Posted Image

#6 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:35 AM

I am super excited to see you guys starting this site,I love these little figures,Cost a ton of money to get these little buggers in your collection but whats money when you get cool little figures.

Keep up the great work fellas,Keeps this hobby of ours fun.
Always love the information you 2 guys pass on to us collectors.

THANKS A BUNCH
:blush: eats

Edited by meatcutta78, 01 October 2008 - 11:38 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

excellent job once more guys !!!

what about the 6 little worms coming with wyrm

Posted Image

Posted Image

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#8 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

excellent job once more guys !!!

what about the 6 little worms coming with wyrm???

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

It's amazing how the little toss-in figures have gained in price more than some of the toys themself!
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#10 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

I know of one. Donatello (the version with the shell that opened to put things in) came with a little armadillo that could double as a club. You can sort of see him hiding under Donny's foot in the lower right side, sorry I dont know his name:
Posted Image

***Edit***
I also just noticed another one in my picture. There is a snake in the mid left side. I think it came with Genghis Frog maybe?

Edited by CCVegita, 01 October 2008 - 08:08 PM.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#11 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

thanks guys, I'll check those out! :(

Posted Image

#12 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Oh man, we're counting the smaller weapons and accessories now? Where do we draw the line!? :p

I have the armadillo club, some cockroaches that came with SCUMBUG, and a realistic-looking orange crab that actually came attached to one of the aquatic-themed figures as decoration, but could be easily removed.

#13 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

didn't rat king come with any rats too? i think the definition of companion should be clarified. small animals meant as weapons or familiars with no real personality shouldn't be considered as a companion, i think.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#14 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

didn't rat king come with any rats too? i think the definition of companion should be clarified. small animals meant as weapons or familiars with no real personality shouldn't be considered as a companion, i think.

Were all of Rat King's rats permanently molded to his belt? I don't know, the only accessories i have for mine are that belt and a crossbow. TMNT figures came with like a million accessories sometimes though...

Also let's not forget the dozen or so tiny little things that Mutagen Man came with, that could float around in his translucent body. They are highly collectible! B)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#15 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

It's amazing how the little toss-in figures have gained in price more than some of the toys themself!

No offense to anyone that collects them, but that's because people are insane. B) We've been too long without a proper unarticulated minifigure toyline, and i think there's a tendency to try to sort of create one out of bits of other toylines. Like the whole Waterworld thing.

I mean, i DO collect the TMNT and Ghostbusters companion figures myself. But i also collect the TMNT and Ghostbusters toylines. So it's slightly disheartening to see the price and demand go up for what is essentially just an accessory i need to complete my Egon Spengler figure, for example. :huh:

For any interested parties, firefox's spellcheck hates the words "unarticulated", "Ghostbuster", and "spellcheck", but not "Egon Spengler". Awesome!

This whole TMNT companion frenzy makes me miss the Earth Toy Mall in Cincinnati. Up until they closed that was where i got the bulk of my TMNT collection, because they always had a ton of carded figures that were rarely more than $4...which is pretty much the only easy way to get the companions too.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#16 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:05 AM

There's a mixed lot on ebay that included 2 of the mosquito sidekick guys. They're not noted in the listing so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. Hope someone gets this, although the price is a bit high!

#17 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

Plus Joe Eyeball is there too! Saw it previously and thought it was neat how well it represented the older LRG toylines. Don't recognize some of the stuff though.

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

i think the definition of companion should be clarified. small animals meant as weapons or familiars with no real personality shouldn't be considered as a companion, i think.

Yeah, that's a good point. When Fitz and I coined the phrase "companion figure" I think we had in mind actual semi-humanoid figures that could conceivably stand alone. Here's the working definition of the figures we're trying to document:

Currently, Toypedia focuses on miniature figure toy lines that fit the following criteria:

(1) 3" tall or smaller
(2) Mono-colored
(3) No attached stand
(4) Non-articulated
(5) Sci-Fi/Monster Themed

At one point, I'm almost certain I had the term "humanoid" in the definition, but I obviously must have removed it. (Maybe because of the RBT Mordles?)

Personally, I don't generally consider weapons and clothing that are -- for lack of a better word -- organisms to be "companion figures." I think of a companion figure as a toy figure that, as I say above, could stand alone. That is, if you were to see a grouping of these figures, one might think they were a toy line unto themselves. I think Fitz' term "sidekick" probably captures this idea better than the term "companion."

On the other hand, the term "accessory figure" probably would be suitable for the weapons and clothing that happen to be "organisms."

(Jeebus, I'm a geek.) :lol:

* And I say "coined the phrase" because shortly after I started using it, I noticed everybody else called them accessory figures.

Edited by Soupie, 08 October 2008 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Complete M.I.M.P For sale

Complete M.I.M.P For sale

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

i think the definition of companion should be clarified. small animals meant as weapons or familiars with no real personality shouldn't be considered as a companion, i think.

Yeah, that's a good point. When Fitz and I coined the phrase "companion figure" I think we had in mind actual semi-humanoid figures that could conceivably stand alone. Here's the working definition of the figures we're trying to document:

Currently, Toypedia focuses on miniature figure toy lines that fit the following criteria:

(1) 3" tall or smaller
(2) Mono-colored
(3) No attached stand
(4) Non-articulated
(5) Sci-Fi/Monster Themed

At one point, I'm almost certain I had the term "humanoid" in the definition, but I obviously must have removed it. (Maybe because of the RBT Mordles?)

Personally, I don't generally consider weapons and clothing that are -- for lack of a better word -- organisms to be "companion figures." I think of a companion figure as a toy figure that, as I say above, could stand alone. That is, if you were to see a grouping of these figures, one might think they were a toy line unto themselves. I think Fitz' term "sidekick" probably captures this idea better than the term "companion."

On the other hand, the term "accessory figure" probably would be suitable for the weapons and clothing that happen to be "organisms."

(Jeebus, I'm a geek.) ;)

* And I say "coined the phrase" because shortly after I started using it, I noticed everybody else called them accessory figures.

I'd love to see a Ghostbusters companion site!
Beetlejuice figures had some pretty cool sidekicks...

#20 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

I received my Tad Pole figure today(the one that came with Super Don).
The one thing I noticed right away was the color,mine is a clear purple the one you have documented in Toypedia is a clear red/orange color.
I did some research and realized that some of the side kick figures in the UK are of a different color scheme.
It would be cool to have both the US and UK figures documented.

I could post a pic of mine here as soon as I have a free moment. ;)

EDIT:I feel like a huge tool. :D
I just read your 1st post,seems like I was the only fool who didn't know they came in different colors. :lol:

Edited by meatcutta78, 17 November 2008 - 03:46 PM.

#21 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

I could post a pic of mine here as soon as I have a free moment. ;)

EDIT:I feel like a huge tool. :)
I just read your 1st post,seems like I was the only fool who didn't know they came in different colors. :p

:lol: I'd love pictures of your purple Tad pole - thanks Meats :)

Posted Image

#22 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

I'd love pictures of your purple Tad pole - thanks Meats

Whoa. There are minors on this board. Please keep your weird, sick fetishes to yourselves.

Posted Image

#23 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:11 AM

<_< :verymad:

What belongs to me,will always belong to TOYPEDIA. ;) :D

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

If you want better shots lmk,but if you can use these feel free.

:M: eats

Edited by meatcutta78, 19 November 2008 - 08:12 AM.

#24 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

Great pics, Meats, but I'd say that was blue not purple. <_<

Edited by Soupie, 19 November 2008 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

#25 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

thanks Meat, that's great. Tad Pole is one of my favorite TMNT companion figures, I'll add him to the site ASAP <_<

Soups: your mind is in the gutter :verymad:

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com