Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Japanese translator for Kinnikuman manga?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#226 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

Here's 44:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3zbrzwm533d

Here's 45:

http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=IHTQL1ZH

Bleeding from the eyes, or Bloody Epiphora, usually signifies a problem with the Nasolacrimal duct, but can also be caused by other factors, such as certain types of viruses or a problem with the blood itself. At times, it can be almost impossible to diagnose the exact cause without extensive testing.

Nothing ever goes good for poor Ramenman.

Earlier today I also decided that I'm going to start typesetting anonymously. I'll still be putting Ataru's name on the cover page, but not my own.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 25 January 2012 - 06:28 AM.

Posted Image

#227 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

Bleeding from the eyes, or Bloody Epiphora, usually signifies a problem with the Nasolacrimal duct, but can also be caused by other factors, such as certain types of viruses or a problem with the blood itself. At times, it can be almost impossible to diagnose the exact cause without extensive testing.

Nothing ever goes good for poor Ramenman.

Earlier today I also decided that I'm going to start typesetting anonymously. I'll still be putting Ataru's name on the cover page, but not my own.

Well considering he spends most of the series a vegetable and hiding as Mongolman, I guess you're right. Oh, and I don't see what's wrong with being put down as typesetter (and person who clears up my crap) on the translations, so give yourself a credit.

What Ataru's been up to lately:
Posted Image
Well someone has to keep her in line.

#228 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

Oh, and I don't see what's wrong with being put down as typesetter (and person who clears up my crap) on the translations, so give yourself a credit.

I had an explanation for that typed up, but I deleted it. In short, I have more respect for people who release things without a name on it. Like if I want to download a file of some sort, I find it annoying when it says "ripped by (long annoying name)" or when manga groups add a credits page that probably has a file size bigger than the rest of the chapter combined. I know adding my name in 2.7 font at the bottom of the title page isn't nearly as bad, but it's the liberty of it.
Posted Image

#229 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Did you still want your name on the website? (And I'll add the chapters after I get home from work)

#230 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Did you still want your name on the website? (And I'll add the chapters after I get home from work)

Yeah, better leave it there in case somebody ever needs to contact me. As long as it's not on the pages, it should be fine.

Anyhow, I'm probably gonna be asleep when you upload them, so do you think you can try to get a notice updated on Manga-updates? The sooner they get put up there, the sooner Onemanga will update with them. Thanks.
Posted Image

#231 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Aw crap. I just realized I labeled nearly all the volumes wrong. Now I've gotta go through them all and fix the file names. DX

Edit: Renamed/fixed all the file names. Now just to upload them all..

Edit 2: Finished. And the new chapters have been added.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 03 January 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#232 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

After looking through my last few releases again, I've noticed that I've made a few minor typos. ("That wasn't training, was a disaster") I also need to go back and change Gange's name back to Gania. It's listed as "Gange" on every online resource I can find, but it says "GANIA" on his shirt in English during the fight with Robin Mask (although "Supermen Olympics" is also written in English a few times >_>). I'll get those fixed soon.

Now would also be a good point to consider starting a real thread about the translation project, instead of using the "Does anyone wanna translate the manga?" thread like we have. That way, we could put all of the important links (the Team Kinniku website, Ataru's translation page, the Onemanga link, and the foreign translation projects) in the first post, so that people don't have to dig them out of the thread. Plus, that gives us the option of editing the first post to update any information.

Edited by Stecase King, 03 January 2009 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#233 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

It also says SUPERMEN OLINPICS a few times in the anime, which made me lawl.

I say just leave it as Gange, but that's just me. XD

And starting a new thread sounds like a good idea. Who wants to make it?

#234 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

Got the "bridge" chapters all done today:

Chp. 51: And I always thought the British were more civil than that: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8288
Chp. 52: It's a great homecoming...if only it wasn't so quick: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8289
Chp. 53: You have to wonder how disgraced Kamehame is...considering he's living in Hawaii all the time!: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8290

So with the Kamehame/Malvia fights already done by TW, it's on to the actual America arc next time!

Edited by SoldierAtaru, 05 January 2009 - 04:10 PM.

Posted Image

#235 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

Damn, Dude you're poppin' chapters out like you're poppin' babies. You work very fast, but it's all good, cause I appreciate it alot. Thanks.
Banned for making personal threats.

#236 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:43 AM

Chp. 51: And I always thought the British were more civil than that: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8288
Chp. 52: It's a great homecoming...if only it wasn't so quick: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8289
Chp. 53: You have to wonder how disgraced Kamehame is...considering he's living in Hawaii all the time!: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8290

So with the Kamehame/Malvia fights already done by TW, it's on to the actual America arc next time!

Well, good thing I didn't have any plans today...

Chapter 51:
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=ZOLDV5Q6
I apologize in advance to any UK fans for the stereotypical British insults being throw by the audience.

The other two should be up within 10 hours if I work hard.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 25 January 2012 - 06:28 AM.

Posted Image

#237 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

Well, good thing I didn't have any plans today...

Chapter 51:
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=ZOLDV5Q6
I apologize in advance to any UK fans for the stereotypical British insults being throw by the audience.

The other two should be up within 10 hours if I work hard.

Take your time with it. Just because I sort of rush through them (and screw them up, considering I had to fix something regarding Malvia, not Kamehame, being the 999-winning streak guy) doesn't mean you should.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 25 January 2012 - 06:29 AM.

Posted Image

#238 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:20 AM

Take your time with it. Just because I sort of rush through them (and screw them up, considering I had to fix something regarding Malvia, not Kamehame, being the 999-winning streak guy) doesn't mean you should.

We really do need to get a proofreader one of these days.

Here's 52: http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=JU0YT3I6
I really need to apologize for the first few pages of the chapter. I'm not sure if it was due to the scan or something on Yude's end, but some pages were faded and some were really dark. (Kinnikuman's lips were really dark gray on some of them) I tried correcting them the best I could, but a few of them still look a bit wonky. In particular, the first page was so faded that most of the details were missing, and the sharpen tool didn't help much.

Oh, and I forgot to reply to this, didn't I?

And starting a new thread sounds like a good idea. Who wants to make it?

The way I see it, Ataru has the final say on any matter. Ask him.

Posted Image

#239 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

I'm cool with it but anyone can start it. Sort of see it fitting now that essentially we're going into another arc in the translation. (though in a way the America arc is the only really big arc left that we need to catch up on...after that and some more monster-hunting stuff, we'll finally have filled the gap with Toriyama World's work)

Posted Image

#240 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

I got the proof reader if you need one, she has those good eyes. I'll grab the chapter and she'll find the words that are messed up in it. I'll text them back and it's problem solved.

#241 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

I've (mostly) finished 53, but it can't be released until some can give a better explanation of what's going on on that last page. I've been sitting around for an hour trying to figure it out, but have come to the conclusion that it's hopeless on my own.

Also, I'm 90% sure Ataru had it right the first time, and it's Toriyama's World that made the mistake. The number "999" appears in Kamehame's Japanese wiki entry, but not Jessie's. Given this fact, the last page makes even less sense.

Edited by Stecase King, 06 January 2009 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

#242 SoldierAtaru

SoldierAtaru

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

I've (mostly) finished 53, but it can't be released until some can give a better explanation of what's going on on that last page. I've been sitting around for an hour trying to figure it out, but have come to the conclusion that it's hopeless on my own.

Also, I'm 90% sure Ataru had it right the first time, and it's Toriyama's World that made the mistake. The number "999" appears in Kamehame's Japanese wiki entry, but not Jessie's. Given this fact, the last page makes even less sense.

I'm as confused as you. When I started translating it, I thought they were talking of Kamehame having 999 consequetive wins. But then looking at TW's later translation, I then thought it was Jessie Malva who had the win streak, which makes more sense since Kamehame has been defeated and it sounded like Malva was aiming for #1000 (and unifying the Hawaiian and WSA title) with Kinnikuman later. I think somehow a bit of the context may be faulted by Yudetamago themselves by making it sound like it was Kamehame who was the threat instead of Malva, when it more seemed like Kamehame was more a test to see if he was worthy of facing Malva (which he was...but not until he got his body tempered and learned the 48 Killer Moves).

And speaking of chapters with confusion:
-Chp. 58: So if "Choujin" is "Supermen" and "Supermen" is "Choujin"...which do we use and when?: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8304

Posted Image

#243 Kinnikuman_Muscle

Kinnikuman_Muscle

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

-Chp. 58: So if "Choujin" is "Supermen" and "Supermen" is "Choujin"...which do we use and when?

Well, in the Ultimate Muscle dub in America, they referred to all the Supermen as "Choujin's" in the Anime/Manga. So I think it's best to leave it as Choujin's, Since that's the format America used I'd leave it as that. By the way, I told a bunch of Manga heads to check out Kinnikuman. And they all said "Thanks for the Great Manga" and that they appreciate you taking your time out of your day to do this for them. Not Just for them though but for us as well that also love the Kinnikuman series so thank you Ataru for the translations and thank you Tash for the text settings. You two dudes are fast and efficient, Keep up the good work.

On a side note, I was at the Manga shop in my city and I saw something really odd. I don't remember the name of the Manga to be honest it was some Bunko sized Manga. The "SFX's" in the Manga were in Kana and right by them it was in English. It seems that when I flipped to the back to view the credits and see who was the one "Leading in the SFX" it was a female. Obviously she had no idea that all of the Japanese had to be taken out before they mass produced it. It's things like that, That ruin a good Manga for me. People do rush jobs and don't pay attention to what they're doing messing up a perfectly good Manga. That's why I think most of the series in America get discarded in the middle cause of things like that happen all the time. Straight up and down, On some really extravagant type stuff. I like a Manga to be all in English, If I see Japanese anywhere that ruins it for me in an American printing. Unless it's a rare Japanese Manga that's not in America that's understandable, you know? It's whatever whatever whatever!

#244 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

I'm as confused as you. When I started translating it, I thought they were talking of Kamehame having 999 consequetive wins. But then looking at TW's later translation, I then thought it was Jessie Malva who had the win streak, which makes more sense since Kamehame has been defeated and it sounded like Malva was aiming for #1000 (and unifying the Hawaiian and WSA title) with Kinnikuman later. I think somehow a bit of the context may be faulted by Yudetamago themselves by making it sound like it was Kamehame who was the threat instead of Malva, when it more seemed like Kamehame was more a test to see if he was worthy of facing Malva (which he was...but not until he got his body tempered and learned the 48 Killer Moves).

-Chp. 58: So if "Choujin" is "Supermen" and "Supermen" is "Choujin"...which do we use and when?: http://mangahelpers....u/releases/8304

Even in Toriyama's World's translation, the 999 victories are only mentioned once in passing. You'd think that if Jessie was trying to get his 1000th win, it would have been brought up again during his fight with Kinnikuman. Anyhow, here's a line from the Japanese wiki entry. Hopefully, it'll clear up the situation.
å…ƒãƒ￾ワイãƒ￾ャンピオンã￾¨ã￾—ã￾¦999回ã￾®ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒˆãƒ«é˜²è¡›ã￾«æˆ￾功ã￾—ã￾Ÿãƒ™ãƒ†ãƒ©ãƒ³è¶…人ã￾ ã￾£ã￾Ÿã￾Œã€￾1000回を目å‰￾ã￾«ã‚¸ã‚§ã‚·ãƒ¼ãƒ»ãƒ¡ã‚¤ãƒ“ã‚¢ã￾«æ•—ã‚Œã€￾以後メイビアã￾®ä»˜ã￾￾人ã￾¨ã￾ªã￾£ã￾¦ã￾„ã￾Ÿã€‚

...and, after much consideration, I've determined that the last page is just a generic "he doesn't know what he's in for. He'll go down like Kamehame did, then he'll lose the champion belt" rant.

Okay, here's what I think I'm gonna do: I'm gonna keep "Supermen" in the names of the organizations, but use "chojin" everywhere else. Knuxie hasn't been around today, so it's not too late to go back and fix it. I'd also like to point out that the manga really doesn't have an official English term for Chojin, either. In chapter 33, it's written "Super Men Olympics", but in 52 it's written as "Superman Olympics", so it's not really consistent.

Edit: Here's 51-53, with all instances of "World Chojin Association" changed to "World Supermen Association". I also went with "Kamehame has 999 wins" for the moment. If we get confirmation otherwise, I'll change it back.
http://www.megalopuad.coc/?d=QN7HZZX3

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com