Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Will we see new prototypes un-Earthed? Or 30th toy item?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GanguStars

GanguStars

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

With the origins of the Beasts coming to light, I have to wonder how long til new protos start to come about. It's 30 years now, and it's crazy we still don't know it all. Too much info hidden away in the fading memories of old toy designers.

Speaking of 30 years. I'd love to see something special to commemorate the Beasts anniversary, hell even a an accurate painted Transformers Titan Master Daburu in White Leo's real colors.TakaraTomy could at the very least pop out a $5-$8 Headmaster.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Sadly, it seems that Battle Beasts have pretty much been forgotten by their creators. They made a half-hearted attempt with Beast Saga and I don't think we've heard a peep since. (Save for the single Headmaster that I don't think anyone official made mention of.)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 GreenMountainBeastformers

GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

How much would a custom Daburu be worth?  I have one that I may mold.  There is also an orange and yellow cat Headmaster that would do as a Beast.  The Battle Beasts also live on through this Titan drill,  very similar design to the LB drill, even down to the treads.

fd86acb6c111fa21fea402a2b0508effb132681d

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

The new headmasters don't bring any battle beast nostalgia for me... maybe if they were sculpted on to make look more like a beast? Idk

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Too much info hidden away in the fading memories of old toy designers.

That´s definitely something we should prevent at any costs just like the info about the original line but with the shifting change of some newer collectors who like to copy from the original line it´s becoming harder and harder to keep things pure and real.

It´s a shame for sure that in almost 30 years time the BB themselves still prove to be the best because you can´t imagine the hopes we´ve all had for a line like the Beast Saga to be much closer to the BB line to begin with and even though it wasn´t that what we´d hoped for to at least live a little longer than the BB. The DST attempt under the Battle Beasts name was a shameful attempt trying to ride a nostalgic wave that they´d hoped to purchase with the license of the name, this was definitely the biggest failure. Jon´s (Jkaris) Rise of the Beasts line was a serious and respectful 21st century take on the BB but it also showed how hard it is to get a line like that going.

With all these attempts to me it´s pretty clear that IF we ever get to see a good new BB inspired line it has to come from the fans. The knowledge, skills, energy, people are all there but it has to line up perfectly and in the end it´ll all come down to funds which is always the biggest hiccup. I had and still have plans enough but it´s just a whole lot more complicated to pull it of in a successful way if it was easy we´d have seen much more attempts by now and we´d have much more Rise of the Beasts characters around already as well.

Whatever happens we won´t let the 30th Anniversary of the Beasts pass without a decent celebration ;)   

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#6 GanguStars

GanguStars

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

How much would a custom Daburu be worth?  I have one that I may mold.  There is also an orange and yellow cat Headmaster that would do as a Beast.  The Battle Beasts also live on through this Titan drill,  very similar design to the LB drill, even down to the treads.

Probably not more than a few bucks given the way TakaraTomy has been improving many of the Hasbro versions. That is if TT does in fact do one. Time will tell.

edit: Sorry, totally mis-read that. No idea on custom prices. A real one wouldn't be too expensive however.

Edited by GanguStars, 26 April 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#7 GanguStars

GanguStars

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

It´s a shame for sure that in almost 30 years time the BB themselves still prove to be the best because you can´t imagine the hopes we´ve all had for a line like the Beast Saga to be much closer to the BB line to begin with and even though it wasn´t that what we´d hoped for to at least live a little longer than the BB.

One of the main BS designers does seem to have a genuine love and respect for the old series, but maybe new toy standards and kid intereactions required what Beast Saga was, and less what Beastformers had done. :/

#8 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

IF they were smart they would keep it simple like the original line. Simple and cheap is one of the ways to success. But as you stated, they had to make into a card game which added play value. Logically it makes sense but realistically it does not. Companies need to learn added a card / game series to a toy lines and jacking the price up does not correlate to sales. Everyone has done it since it is dirt cheap to do, and no one has come out with a huge success.

This discussion does not included SkyLander type games because that is the correct step, but costs a ass ton more than just "A card game".

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com