23 replies to this topic

#1 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

How fast is the sell through on these in your area? From where I am (AZ) these things flew like crazy at first when they had limited distribution. Now, they seem like they aren't moving at all. Today I went to Target and saw 2 packs for $1.50 and 5 packs for $2.99!! One Wal Mart I frequent moved the whole pallet display on to the top of a rack and still has 2 or 3 pegs full of 5 and 2 packs.

I'm not trying to be a downer here. Obviously the manufacturer sold a ton of these to Wal Mart, Target and the like. I have no doubt Moose is going full steam ahead, until they get tons of packs returned unsold....

#2 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:20 PM

Wal-Mart has very small sales, while target has a ton of messed-up packs - those that haven't sold. One Toys R us barely has any FoP out, while the other always has a ton, and always sells out quickly.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:13 PM

Only two local stores that could possibly stock FOP - Wal-Mart and K-Mart. K-Mart won't at all, if Marty's info from our phone call is accurate, and my Wal-Mart never bothered to at all. Very disappointing for me.

Tomorrow... err, today (technically)... there will a shopping trip, so perhaps I'll get lucky with some. I really could use some of those discounted packs.

#4 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

Around here, it is rather mixed, but still selling pretty well. The Walmart near me got a huge, HUGE display of them, and sold about a third of the display with in a week or two. They were really selling well because the display was in the main isle where people could see them. Then, after about 2-3 weeks, they moved them to a riser in the back where no one sees them, so now they haven't been selling that great. A few kids, and me of course, still pick them up, but they do still have about 8 full sets of 5 packs and about about 10 2 packs as well. Now, on the other hand, all the targets near me and the Toys R Us put out just one box of 5 packs and 2 packs at a time, and with in a week they will be completely sold out. Those stores have been selling extremely well. All Battle Boxes and Combat Cases sell really quick in my area. So, I have high hopes in my area. Hopefully they keep making them. I want that new Bear one from Series 2 as well as all the wave 2 stuff.

Eric

#5 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

Locally, my stores are sellling decently, never sold out. I seem to be keeping them moving though :woot:

btw, I'm in Alaska.
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#6 rextheovermind

rextheovermind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:50 AM

WalMart is the only ones that carry FOP here. No 2 packs where I am (I bought 'em out) and 5 packs are now on clearance for 2 bucks. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in this town that has bought any. :woot:

#7 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:54 AM

The only store near me that carries FOP is TRU. As far as I can tell, they've hardly moved at all; I swear I could see the dust collecting on them.
"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#8 bizman316

bizman316

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:08 AM

Around here they havn't sold well at all. The wal-mart by me put the 5-packs on sale for $4 and they started to move a little then. The Toys r us though aren't selling at all because of the price i'm guessing. It's starting to look like ultimate muscle in that they only sell if the are on sale.

#9 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

btw, I'm in Alaska.

So sub-0 must be popular there anyway my walmart has tons of these on sale

#10 bizman316

bizman316

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:12 AM

to be honest if this keeps up and they are all going on sale everywhere and they still aren't moving, i don't know how bright the future is going to be for these toys. I at least hope the release the battle arena and the other series 1 figs so i can complete my set. But i hope they come out with a bunch more new figures.

#11 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

btw, I'm in Alaska.

So sub-0 must be popular there anyway my walmart has tons of these on sale

Boo! j/k, but really, for 60% of the year my state is warmer than the northern states and Canada.

btw, after looking I'm almost sure I'm the only one buying these here. :p
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#12 rextheovermind

rextheovermind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:20 AM

I'd say, at the very least, don't be expecting to see any Fistful stuff at WalMart or Toys R Us any time soon. It seems they've already produced a bunch of stuff though, so I'd check places like outlet malls. They usually get the toys that get overstocked and sell them for super cheap. This is, assuming that they've already mass produced a whole nother wave/series.

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

I'd say, at the very least, don't be expecting to see any Fistful stuff at WalMart or Toys R Us any time soon.

Almost every sighting seems to be made from those two stores...

#14 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:57 AM

The Target near me has officially marked down the rest of the stuff, and the 2 packs are on deep clearance for 75 cents a piece. I would have got a bunch, but I decided to get a DVD instead, and I couldn't get both. I may pop in this weekend, and grab as many as I can afford.
Posted Image

#15 Nightwind0

Nightwind0

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

Sweet, I just went to my local Target and bought out all their FOP except for a couple of battle boxes. They were on clearance.
In all, I got 8 5-packs, 2 2-packs and 3 battle boxes. $50.

#16 rextheovermind

rextheovermind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

I'd say, at the very least, don't be expecting to see any Fistful stuff at WalMart or Toys R Us any time soon.

Almost every sighting seems to be made from those two stores...

By that, I meant, don't expect to see Series 2 at WalMart or Toys R Us.

#17 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

I cleaned out my local Target recently, and they haven't restocked. I'm going to see if I can get the cardboard display next time I'm there to buy a rug.

Wal-Mart hasn't restocked, either, and is running really low - but nothing there has been systemified, since I found a 5-pack that contained hyper Grondar and crystal Blackheart. That ain't bad.

#18 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

If you have a HASTINGS store near you. They have FOP too! <_<

TGB

#19 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

Finally found FOP at last at my Wal-Mart, in the "reject" section (basically, a place where toys that have no other place to go or are overstocked get thrown into with little order or neatness). Quite a lot of five-packs, there might have been two-packs but I didn't notice. And for whatever reason, they were already discounted. Seeing as they could have only been there for a couple of weeks at the most, that was odd, but hey, that means I'll be able to get more.

The only disappointing part was that I didn't even have time to get some, let alone try the system.

#20 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

Wal-Mart hasn't discounted any of them yet, although they are in the "Reject" section. I check that section pretty often, too - I'd like a 4-5 inch-long plastic alligator for diorama purposes.

#21 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

Ha-ha! I did it! They just gave me the store display box, so I'll use it to help store any figures that I keep packaged (currently: 2).

Woot! I'll post a pic sometime soon.

#22 rextheovermind

rextheovermind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

Found FOP at my Toys R Us today, but, unlike WalMart, they haven't been discounted yet. So its still four bucks for a two pack... Unfortunately WalMart never got the carrying case with Cowl, but that's still freakin' 8 bucks...

#23 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:07 AM

Ta-da!

Attached Files

#24 rextheovermind

rextheovermind

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

Oh, that's the box yur talkin' about. I've taken like 6 of those so far. My car floor is littered with them. :notme:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com