Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E. (211 member(s) have cast votes)

Kinnikuman or M.U.S.C.L.E.

1. Kinnikuman (107 votes [51.94%])

Percentage of vote: 51.94%

2. M.U.S.C.L.E. (99 votes [48.06%])

Percentage of vote: 48.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 08:19 PM

I'm not much on collecting...
I came to this site because I think the cartoon and the history of Kinnikuman rocks!
:woot:

We need to get Imp to start collecting. Once you start, you never stop! Moowahhahahahahahaahaha! :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#27 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 10:10 AM

Kinnikuman is what it is and is where it is at.

*Just to clarify, I am talking about G1 Kinnikuman, not the newfangled Nisei shizznite.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 04 December 2003 - 10:31 AM.

#28 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 06:01 PM

i love m.u.s.c..l.e., but my favorite character from the series was blocken jr., and the american line just simply failed to produce him...so i gotta vote kinnikuman...(sorry guys, i'm more than half german...so he's my guy.)

#29 Hillbilly Idol

Hillbilly Idol

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 03:35 PM

Kinnikuman... no doubt.

There was always something too goofy about the advertising/packaging of M.U.S.C.L.E. Now that I've read the original comics and seen the Ultimate Muscle cartoon I can appreciate those lil' pink things... and I feel I was cheated as a kid. Curse you Mattel!!!
Posted Image

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man... I guess I AM a coward." - Jack Handy

#30 malpractice

malpractice

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:17 PM

I vote Kinnikuman since unlike Muscle it has a rich and varied History, and if you are a wrestling manga buff its amazing! mean, dont take me wrong... MUSCLE is and always will be what exposed me to the line, but Kinnikuman is what MADE the line. Muscle was all about interpretation, Kinnikuman was about varied and decisive characters that while vast in number all played a major part in a gigantic and well constructed universe.

#31 malpractice

malpractice

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:20 PM

i love m.u.s.c..l.e., but my favorite character from the series was blocken jr.

hehe :D Brocken is my fave too! Still burns me up that all those years ago they would actually include him in the silly cartoon on the back of the packages, yet never made him...

#32 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 12:18 PM

I voted M.U.S.C.L.E. because the figures are higher quality, and although I like the Kinnikuman comics, M.U.S.C.L.E. was the first thing I knew.
Posted Image

#33 Worcraft

Worcraft

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 08:43 AM

Hey, im new to this forum, and recently discovered what those hundreds of little colored action figures were :o , and i voted for M.U.S.C.L.E. because well, thats all i really know so far.
Only Broadcast on this Station.

#34 QWAAH

QWAAH

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 10:39 PM

M.U.S.C.L.E. all the way! This is what I grew up playing with. I never knew they had a cartoon back in those days.
Click!

#35 d_hopp

d_hopp

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 09:13 AM

I voted for M.U.S.C.L.E. They got me started. I love the new Ultimate Muscle. I can't wait for the next series to be released.

#36 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 09:44 AM

I prefer Kinnikuman over M.U.S.C.L.E. because firstly i agree w/ Jkaris about the amount of figures and kinnikuman has all the backstory manga, anime, and dedicated web sites like AKIA.
btw, whats the difference between kineshi, muscle,and kinnikuman pvc figures? :lol:
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#37 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 10:01 AM

I voted for M.U.S.C.L.E. They got me started. I love the new Ultimate Muscle. I can't wait for the next series to be released.

that's how i feel. and like what jkaris said, the amount of M.U.S.C.L.E.'s was amazing. But its gonna take some time for Ultimate Muscle to catch up.

So in all, my vote goes to M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted Image

#38 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 02:10 PM

Not to be a broken record or anything, but the imagination that came with unnamed MUSCLE figures outweighs any fascinating storyline.

-mimoman :(

#39 Guest_CheckmateRULZ_*

Guest_CheckmateRULZ_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 05:39 AM

:lol: KINNIKUMAN! :)

#40 Mystery Mask

Mystery Mask

Captain Americat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:11 PM

I like M.U.S.C.L.E. because the Kinnikuman ones were made from that nasty eraser rubber. Ick.
Posted Image
Just when you think it's safe to go back on the internet...

!!!DRAGON BALL CENTRAL!!!

Now with UM Series 1-5, 8 of 10 CCG Sculpts, and 6.5" Figures!

#41 Mayumi

Mayumi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:30 PM

M.U.S.C.L.E. is my favorite because its what I associate most with my childhood. With no history or explanation for their existence, their saga was mine to create.

#42 Checkmate

Checkmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 09:05 PM

M.U.S.C.L.E. for me it's what i'm watching right now and what introduced me to the series. So yeah M.U.S.C.L.E. gets my vote.
Posted Image

WHEN WE SAW PARIS IN FLAMES!!

#43 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 01:53 AM

I would definitely have to say M.U.S.C.L.E. Although I have seen Kinnikuman on the japanese website and drooled over every figure that did'nt make it to the american toyline, there is something special about muscle. I got back into muscle collecting just a couple of years ago, and never realized how many people loved them and collected them as kids just like I did. Once I saw the new Ultimate Muscle cartoon and made the connection between the cartoon and the old toy series,and I started to think back to when I was a kid begging my mom to get me a pack of musclemen in the toystore.(they were colored by the time I got them. I was much younger when the flesh ones first came out I think.) Or playing with them and ninja turtles at the same time years later for whatever reason. Or crying because my cousin stole a bunch of them from me.(that rat bastich) I started researching them on the internet and found websites of old fans of musclemen, people who knew just like I did what it was like to have these awesome toys when you were a kid. It's funny how a small piece of rubber can bring back so many memories and how they've gained such a huge following even after all these years. I love muscles and will probably always love muscles because of what they mean to me and to so many other people. Just ask anyone who grew up 15 years ago if they remember musclemen. They'll know exactly what you're talking about.

e+
Posted Image

#44 phillymadison

phillymadison

phillymadison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1044 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:49 PM

I voted MUSCLE's because they smell alot better
The Only True Measure Of Success Of Any Hobby Is How Much You Enjoy Participating in it.
--------------------------------

View What M.U.S.C.L.E.'s I Have For Trade And Sale On muscledb.com CLICK HERE

#45 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 04:58 PM

I didn't know about Kinnikuman till I saw an article in my Animerica.. then it told me about the M.U.S.C.L.E figures ^^; I was too young to remember.

#46 Chibi Riya

Chibi Riya

PirateLord Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 07:04 AM

I vote for Kinnikuman.

Edited by Chibi Riya, 27 July 2004 - 09:44 AM.

[ Yuujou Power ]
FULL ON FRIENDSHIP! 8D

#47 Positronic Man

Positronic Man

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:God and Toys. <br><br>Specific toys? Transformers, He-Man, and MUSCLE pretty much. Anime, video games, and other such things are great too.

Posted 12 July 2003 - 11:40 AM

I'd have to go with MUSCLE. Now, I didn't grow up with MUSCLE (having just started collecting it), but I like the wide range of imagination required to play with the figures, and that range is much larger with the American MUSCLE figures since they were never given names or personalities.

Also, I hear that the Kinkeshi figures are made out of eraser-like rubber which doesn't bring out the details as well as the material the american MUSCLE figures are made of.
"One being's junk is another's art."
--Pipes

"The strongest tyrant cannot crush freedom of thought."
--Brainstorm

"Do not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
--Romans 12:21

#48 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 04:30 PM

I would have to say Kinnikuman...
My reason is because Kinnikuman has way more awesome toys to collect where if
you are into M.U.S.C.L.E. you are stuck collecting colored figures trying to complete a figure in every color after you finish your flesh collection. Kinnikuman has so many different types of toys to collect, mini kinkeshi, micro kinkeshi, non muscle mold kinkeshi, standard kinkeshi, 4 inch kinkeshi, 8 inch kinkeshi, action figures, comics, cards, stickers, and so on..... I love my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection very much, alot of them are from my childhood, Kinnikuman is what Im into now though.

#49 jorudenu

jorudenu

Master of Oversoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman, skiing, Shaman King, Anime in general(im a junky), hockey, girls,Smackdown(i think the best are ultimo dragon, John Cena, and Rae mysterio[i think i spelled it wrong]), Raw, Velocity, TV, Movies, Games, MXC, MANGA^_-,music, lego(i like bionicle [i knw its childish, but i cant help it]), and snowboarding.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 02:52 PM

:cry: ??? :lol:

Anyway,. I voted for Kinnikuman because, like all the others, I need a good story line to keep me hooked. The finisher moves are what I really liked about it, I found them very nteresting like muscle spark, kinniku-buster, kinniku-driver, muscle docking, ashura-buster(that's what it's called, right?) and many others.

#50 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:35 PM

:huh: ??? :lol:

Anyway,. I voted for Kinnikuman because, like all the others, I need a good story line to keep me hooked. The finisher moves are what I really liked about it, I found them very nteresting like muscle spark, kinniku-buster, kinniku-driver, muscle docking, ashura-buster(that's what it's called, right?) and many others.

You've never noticed the smell of a fresh M.U.S.C.L.E. They smell great when they are new, and it brings me (and many others) back to childhood memories of our very first figures. Get a sealed 10-Pack, open it, stick your nose in it and breathe and you will see. :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com