422 replies to this topic

#26 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:48 AM

ahhh! i see what you mean. ur dino and dent are prehistorics and so have the aforementioned diffrent colouring. the prehistorics colours are all slightly diffrent to their main series counterparts, especially the green and purple.

i really dont thihink the colours catogorised in this way will work.
each tribe will need to have a colour list rather than one for all tribes as they vary quite a bit. this is mainly because they were released in stages. prehistorics and samurai werent available in boxes with the others only in individual foil packs.

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#27 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:48 AM

ahhh! i see what you mean. ur dino and dent are prehistorics and so have the aforementioned diffrent colouring. the prehistorics colours are all slightly diffrent to their main series counterparts, especially the green and purple.

i really dont thihink the colours catogorised in this way will work.
each tribe will need to have a colour list rather than one for all tribes as they vary quite a bit. this is mainly because they were released in stages. prehistorics and samurai werent available in boxes with the others only in individual foil packs.

oli

I think the Prehistorics at least were available in this version of packaging:

Posted Image

:blink:

Posted Image

#28 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:52 AM

ok, here MBCIA there's a wip, at the moment only the disgusting tribe has the thumbnails, and the layer for zooming in is working too.

galthisan I've modified the code in order to accept an array of different colors for every tribe, so now we can decide which ones are ok for a tribe and which ones not.

f1tz, I'm really curious about that green variant, I haven't any among my figures (if I'm searching in a correct way... ) I'm looking forward for your camera and your pics!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:28 AM

I think the Prehistorics at least were available in this version of packaging:

Posted Image

:blink:

oh course yeah, i didn mean they werent available in the blind boxes with other tribes. forgot about these, but yeah the prehistoics were available like that. that is where the gitd scout for em came from coz the scout in the blind packs was just neon green. the rare dudes series 1 was in them clear boxes too.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#30 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology and Mini Boglins. Drinking beer, sci fi and rock music.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

Have you noticed that some of the colors have a slight transluscent quality? I think there's at least a green like that which is not pictured above.

I have quite a few of those slightly transluscent ones. I always refer to them as trans green :clapping:.
You can see all mine if you go to my photobucket page here.
Of course, I made up a lot of names for the colours, so they're not all the same as the colours already posted here. I'll probably change mine once a more standard colour list is established! It's just fortunate I haven't got all that many Boglins yet, because It's going to take me forever, haha.

#31 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Can someone define what a rare dude is?? i am totally lost do they have different markings or what??
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#32 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:03 AM

Can someone define what a rare dude is?? i am totally lost do they have different markings or what??

the Rare Dudes were a set brought out late in the line, I have it down as 1994 but I may be wrong! The Rare Dudes were made up of existing sculpts from previously released tribes.

I was just checking my MOC collection last night and the Prehistorics actually had their own packaging seperate to the tribes stuff (similar looking though) ;)

Posted Image

#33 nicodemus

nicodemus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:- * - * - * - * -<br />http://www.oldweiler.com

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

ok, here MBCIA there's a wip, at the moment only the disgusting tribe has the thumbnails, and the layer for zooming in is working too.

I really like the way your page is turning out! Nice work.

And all I can say is GOOD LUCK when it comes to the color variations!! I agree with Soupie that it reminds me of the Cheap Toy color discussions that have taken place over the years. The good thing for you is that YOU are creating the page...so whether or not you can get everyone to agree on a name...they will most likely end up referring to them by what you list on your site. ;)

Edited by nicodemus, 03 June 2008 - 07:47 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

oookaaaayyy.... now you're scaring me... ;) :banana:

#35 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

the Rare Dudes were a set brought out late in the line, I have it down as 1994 but I may be wrong! The Rare Dudes were made up of existing sculpts from previously released tribes.

I was just checking my MOC collection last night and the Prehistorics actually had their own packaging seperate to the tribes stuff (similar looking though) ;)

I know that but how do i know if i have one?

My Trade List
My Little Army

#36 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:49 PM

I was just checking my MOC collection last night and the Prehistorics actually had their own packaging seperate to the tribes stuff (similar looking though) -_-

I know that but how do i know if i have one?

they are no diffrent, you will have one. Cheif Drox for example is in the disgustings and the rare dudes, hes the same and somwhere it says he is rare for not having a crown but u cant get him with a crown.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#37 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:22 PM

EDIT: I deleted the pictures in this post from my photobucket account. I didn't think until it was too late! Never mind, they weren't that interesting anyway, I'm sure you've all seen a yellow Boglin before. Sorry for any inconvenience!

I was messing about with my Boglins this evening and I decided to take some pictures of the different shades of yellow that I noticed :lol:. I don't know how useful my half an hour of research into the yellow of Boglins is to anyone, but I noticed that there are at least three different yellows used to make Mini Boglins; the darkish original yellow, a lighter one, and a really light one.
Here's the difference between yellow and light yellow, two Globs;

But then I noticed there is another yellow used both for the normal Mini Boglins and as the yellow colour for the Kellogs Boglins;

As you can see, Clak in the middle there is even lighter than the light yellow glob on the left.

And finally, here's a big picture of lots of yellows, grouped roughly into yellow on the right, light yellow in the center and extra light yellow on the left. It's not the best image, but you can pretty much make out the difference in the three shades if you spend longer than two seconds looking at it :lol: ;

Are these three yellows the only three shades? I think they probably are, but maybe someone else knows better. Just goes to show how complicated it really is going to be, working out what Boglins came in what colours, hehe. I'm pretty sure you can divide the light/neon orange colours up at least three different ways as well, and I have three Boglins that I think could be classed as salmon or peach coloured, and to me, each one looks like a slightly different shade... ;)

Edited by capn_teeth, 11 July 2008 - 08:47 AM.

#38 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

All of you keep up the good work and let the whole board know when you have a solid prototype of the MiniBoglinCIA, shout that

capn_teeth-welcome to the boards it was seeing a new name that sparked my intrest as to what was going on in the Mini Boglin corner of LRG, enjoy your stay and vote in the Fan Art Contest :yes:

#39 spastik4plastik

spastik4plastik

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

boglins are better than people

Edited by spastik4plastik, 13 June 2008 - 01:58 PM.

#40 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

Posted Image

the yellow on the far right is the yellow from the original 6 colours and you will only find 36 sculpts were available in this colour.

the yellow in the middle was later the the original and later ones came in this colour.

the kelloggs will be a slightly diffrent yellow to other mini boglins

one thing i am def sure of is that there are 36 sculpts that were available in all of the original six colours some being more rare than others. i have all of the kelloggs minis in 6 colours unique to them which is the full set (part from gold)
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#41 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

I also have a red that is the same way, but even less translucent - i tried to photo it, but it doesnt show up in the pic as well as in your hand. it seems like the semi-translucent has a slightly gummier feel to it.
and i DO have the light and darker reds to campare it to.

That is SO interesting. The same can be said for GPK Cheap Toys. There are certain colors that are slightly translucent and they are made of a "gummier" plastic than the rest.

Posted Image
Neon Red-Orange
Posted Image

#42 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

the yellow on the far right is the yellow from the original 6 colours and you will only find 36 sculpts were available in this colour.

the yellow in the middle was later the the original and later ones came in this colour.

the kelloggs will be a slightly diffrent yellow to other mini boglins

one thing i am def sure of is that there are 36 sculpts that were available in all of the original six colours some being more rare than others. i have all of the kelloggs minis in 6 colours unique to them which is the full set (part from gold)

So does that mean that there are FOUR shades of yellow, if the Kellogs ones are slightly different from the normal ones? The colour seems a little too close to tell for me, but when you hold them under a light, the Kellogs ones do look like they could be just a fraction of a fraction lighter in colour, and possibly just a touch glossier than the normal Boglins.

And all 36 original Mini Boglins were available in the original six colours, that's good to know, could be a target for collecting, haha :blush:.

One more thing, about the slightly translucent green ones, have I missed something here? Apart from the neon/lime green looking ones that all tend to come from later sets, ALL my green Mini Boglins have a translucent look to them... I didn't really think there was anything special about them, just that that was the colour of green they came in. Am I looking at them wrong :huh:?

capn_teeth-welcome to the boards it was seeing a new name that sparked my intrest as to what was going on in the Mini Boglin corner of LRG, enjoy your stay and vote in the Fan Art Contest thumbsup.gif

Hello, thanks! Hopefully all things Boglin will take off here, hehe. They are where my main interest lies, because that's what I used to collect when I was wee!

Edited by capn_teeth, 06 June 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#43 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:46 AM

small update: MBCIA home next I'll figure it out what to insert in the info page (all suggestions are welcome) if I've made some mistakes writing texts please let me know!

#44 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:15 AM

i think the answer to the question to is there four yellow colours is yes but it dosent matter... i think more importantly that if we are trying to put together a colour chart we need to know which sculpts were avaliable in which colours not how many colours are accross the range

we know what colours the kelloggs, samurai, prehistorics, and possible othere were available and we know which sculpts were available in gitd,gold,silver,black and the original 36 colours. so we are building up a picture rather than a list. i think?

all guys here are in diffrent colours, apat from last couple of photos which are just for interest. (cam makes some colours look the same)

Attached Files

Edited by galthisan, 07 June 2008 - 05:22 AM.

proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#45 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

I think it's going to be a bit of both, really. A list of all the colours that people can find will need to be established, as well as a set of names for these colours that can be used by everyone, and then the folk who have large collections will need to spend a huge amount of time with a pad and pen and list all the colours that they have each Mini Boglin in. We can't work out what colours each one was made in if we don't know what colours were available, and if anyone is going to try and work out any sort of theory or pattern as to what other colours particular sculpts were made in, we'll need to know what colours it is already known to definatley come in.

#46 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Known list for Boglins

Samurai Colours
Green
Yellow
Orange
Blue

MB In Slime Colours
Blue
Yellow
Orange
Green?

Kelloggs Boglins
Yellow
Blue
Green
Orange
Pink
Light Red

My Trade List
My Little Army

#47 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

MB In Slime

Green?

i dearly hope so...
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#48 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

MB In Slime

Green?

i dearly hope so...

Well if your Orange Splutter is real and not discolouration (which it doesnt look like) it would make sense for the green ones to have been made in the same colours as samurai, i mean the colour difference between slime/samurai is minimal.

My Trade List
My Little Army

#49 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

MB In Slime

Green?

i dearly hope so...

Well if your Orange Splutter is real and not discolouration (which it doesnt look like) it would make sense for the green ones to have been made in the same colours as samurai, i mean the colour difference between slime/samurai is minimal.

yeah dude, i rekon u are spot on with that one!
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#50 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:30 AM

It's all gone pretty quiet here in the Mini Boglin discussion. Has any one got any news or anything from the past week? I'd hate to see this thread dry up because it's been quite an interesting and exciting Boglins source up until now!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com