• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Has anyone ever come across these creatures in the attached pic? They are rubber and have wheels underneath them so that when you pull them back on a hard surface they race forward. They belonged to my older brothers who were kids in the early '80s, so I assume that's when they're from. I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere else and always wondered what they were.

Attached Files

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#2 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

I had one of these in the same time period.. unfortunately I know about as much as you do about them. It probably came from the "prize box" at the dentist's :)

#3 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Wow, awesome find! These same creatures with different, flatter molds (and splayed legs) are common from vending machines and other generic/bootleg sources but were originally cereal premiums (I think) called "Slurfies." I have had so many over the years, made of different materials and paint jobs. They've been replicated by all sorts of nameless manufacturers...don't know if these are directly related to the originals or not. NEVER seen these molds.

#4 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, I've always liked these guys. I never thought of them as a variation on those flatter creatures that would always come out of vending machines, but you're right - they definitely have a similar look. Unfortunately, I think I bit part of the snout off the dark blue one when I was about three (as you can see in the pic).

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com