• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:41 AM

1) Go to one of the following links to translate English words into Japanese words: AltaVista Babel Fish, WorldLingo, or Google; or use one of the translations White Leo has provided (probably your best bet). Or, post here in this thread asking for a specific translation.

2) Go to Yahoo Japan: Yahoo Japan

3) Locate the search box. It is the first of the two text boxes at the top of the page. (A lot of browsers have plugins that allow you to translate Web pages on the fly now. I recommend setting yours up to do this.)

4) Cut and paste the Japanese word you got from step (1) into the search box.

5) Hit search. (The gray button to the right of the two text boxes.)

6) Browse the auctions.

7) You can also use the following link, which is a general search for keshigomu: YJP Keshigomu Search, Kinnikuman, Laser Beasts, Beastformers

8) Once you find an auction, if you want to read what the description says, copy and paste the description using the same process as step (1), changing the setting for Japanese to English. I have found that there is typically very little description with the Keshigomu auctions.

9) Choose one of the following to bid on the auction: Crescent Noppin, Celga, Rinkya or my personal favorite Donky He is quick, friendly and cheaper overall. Copy the URL of the auction you want, and share it with the service you choose.

10) If you need to find out the conversion rate for the item you are bidding on you can go here.

USE IT!

Edited by jkaris, 23 November 2010 - 07:08 PM.

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:10 PM

I have been asked a few times for help with finding toys on Yahoo JP. So I thought I would start a section for other toys you are looking for on Yahoo JP. If there is something I missed or something you are looking for and need help finding it let me know. I am always happy to help.

These are what I have so far.
DRAGON BALL Z
GODZILLA Keshi
GODZILLA
POKEMON
HE-MAN
THUNDERCATS
VOLTRON
TRANSFOMERS
SPIDER-MAN
GI JOE
ULTRAMAN
ガメラ (Gamera)
スペクトルマン (Spectreman)
テレコマ戦士 (Canned Food Fighters)
ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
SDガンダム (SD Gundam)
ガチャポン ガンダム (Gashapon Gundam)
alternate spelling :
ガシャポン ガンダム
ゲゾラ (Gezora)
ガニメ (Ganime)
カメーバ (Kameba)
ストリートファイター消しゴム (Street Fighters Keshi)
ロックマン消しゴム (Mega Man Keshi)
ドラゴンボール Z消しゴム (Dragon Ball Z Keshi)
ギルティギア (Guilty Gear)
ファイナルファンタジー消しゴム (Final Fantasy Keshi)
Final Fantasy Figures
ギルティギア (Guilty Gear)
真・三國無双 (Dynasty Warriors "Shin Sangokumusou"
ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 (GeGeGe no Kitaro)
WhiteLeo

Edited by sborders, 14 April 2010 - 03:54 PM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 rinkyarules

rinkyarules

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

Hello,
We added more Kinnikuman links to our search engine.
Check it out! :)
Kinnikuman - All Items

Kinnikuman - ALL FIGURES

Kinnikuman Keshigomu - Kinkeshi

Kinnikuman Romando Figures

Kinnikuman Microman Mirco-action Figures

Kinnikuman Animation Cel / Celluloid Film

Kinnikuman Manga Comics

Kinnikuman DVD

Kinnikuman VHS

Kinnikuman CDs

Kinnikuman ALL Video Games

-For Playstation 2

-For Playstation Portable PSP

-For Nintendo / Famicom

-For Super Nintendo / Super Famicom

-For Handheld Games

Kinnikuman Pencil Boards

Kinnikuman Seals / Stickers

Kinnikuman Cards

Kinnikuman Keyholder / Keychain

If you need a search made for specific items, don't hesitate to e-mail me We will be glad to help with anything.:)

It would help answer things like what is the shipping cost, is a a Buy it Now, and other stuff like that?

This is only a partial translation. I am not exactly sure if this is what you are asking for.
Sellers use many different formats. Unlike eBay, YJ does not currently show seller/bidders mailing information to
estimate prices by shipping companies. Shipping costs will vary, and will likely be noted in the description.

Did you need both the Japanese and English Text? Or just the English text?

Attached Files

Edited by WhiteLeo, 11 June 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#4 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

Just a friendly reminder to anyone using Crescent Shop...

If someone outbids you, and you do not plan to bid further, please select the 'give up' option so that other users may bid on that item. I know it's exciting when you see something you want and you get that bid in first beating out anyone else that wants to bid through Crescent but then if you lose interest or do not wish to continue your attempt to win the item, don't be a d-bag and lock others out of the system just because you can.

People have been really good about this for the past at least half a year but lately more and more I'm seeing auctions end with a Crescent bid of the minimum, or close to it, and people not pulling their bids or bidding again as other bids come in.

If you see something really cool from one of the toylines many people here on the board collect, odds are you're not the only one with your eyes on it. Be kind to your fellow collectors. Thanks!
-Barry

Edited by lhssenior, 03 August 2008 - 07:42 AM.

#5 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I got a request for a taobao buyers guide so here goes. I'll add more as it comes to me, and as I learn the system better.

If you are looking to buy items in China using their version of ebay, Taobao.com, there are many third party groups you can go through. One of the most efficient and English friendly is Taobaonow.com It is a one man organization run by a fine fellow named Charles so although he can be slow at times, his customer service is excellent. He is based out of Shanghai, and I personally have been doing business with him for about 6 months now with no complaints at all.

Pros of the service:

The fee structure: You pay a fraction of the fees that you would on TBnow than you would for any Japanese auction service. He charges 10% of the cost of the item with a minimum service fee of 50 Yuan (about $7). The exchange rate fluctuates around 7 Yuan to the dollar. That's it. That's the only service fee. Freaking nuts. The service fee provides: (from tbnow website)
* You can use the most user friendly ordering system developed in-house by us (Register now to see for yourself!)
* Contact the seller by - Phone / QQ / WangWang / Email, to ensure - item availability / sizes / colors / styles / sets / etc
* Advise you regarding seller credibility, forseeable custom problems, etc
* General translation of product details
* Search the items you want for you, especially if you do not know the Chinese language
* Check the items for damage upon arrival
* If you have requested photos to be taken, they will be uploaded to our website. (Please request only if you really must have it, as your order delivery date may be delayed because we have other priorities. Although we will not refuse your request, but you may have to wait indefinitely. When we will do it is at our own discretion.)
* Repackage the item(s) to ensure safe shipment
* Provide 40% off regular EMS shipping rate (HUGE saving!)
* In case the seller shipped the wrong item, we will deal with the return on your behalf

Now say you have multiple orders you put through on the same day, through seperate buyers. He'll combine them all together into one order for you, so you don't have to pay multiple minimum service fees.

Shipping: He does his best to package these things as quickly and as securely as possible. In about 10 shipments, I've only ever had one item break and that was a figure made of sculpy that broke getting from the original seller to him. The shipping discount is also huge. Instead of paying a percentage over the cost of shipping in a fee on Japanese website, he gives you a discount. I have no idea how he can afford to do this, but he does.

Communication:
He speaks very good English and is very personable in communications. He can search for items for you or provide translations to help you search. He can also ask questions of sellers who might not have items put up online that you may be looking for.

How to use the service:

First off, you need to register with the site. Once you have an account you can go shopping. Once you find what you are looking for on taobao.com you log onto your TBnow account and go to the Shopping Cart section. Copy the URL of the item on taobao that you wish to buy. Then paste it into the shopping cart on TBnow and submit with the quantity and any other questions for the seller. The site will then fetch the auction for you and put it in queue.
Taobao does not work like ebay in that the vast majority of these items are not auctions. When an item is purchased, often times it will still stay up on taobao until the seller manually takes it down or it runs its course. So even if you do see the item up on taobao, that doesn't mean it's still available for sale. So, say your item is still in stock, here's the sequence of events.
1. Cue up your item in the shopping cart.
2. TBnow then contacts the seller to verify the item is in stock. Tbnow then sends you an invoice via paypal. He will not purchase the item from the seller until you have paid tbnow. There is no deposit system in place. If you wait to long to send payment the seller could sell to another buyer so don't dawdle on it.
3. Once paid, tbnow pays for the item(s) and has it shipped to them. Once it arrives and everything looks good, he will send you a shipping invoice to pay. He can hold items for you if you are waiting for other items to arrive.
4. Once shipping is paid he will send to you via EMS.

Things to keep in mind while using Tbnow:

Charles has a lot of customers and he works first come first serve. Some days you will get a response from the cue in a couple hours, sometimes a day or two, it entirely depends on how busy he is. Because of this, try not to bother him with items or searches if you are not entirely serious about buying them. You are wasting his time and slowing down orders for the rest of us. Remember to be patient with him. If you want a much faster service, you are going to pay a lot higher fees. Take that into consideration if you don't hear from him for a day or two.

Do not ask him to haggle prices for you. Prices are already very low on Taobao, and unless you are making big bulk purchases, realize that many of these items are being put up by people who are already making little profit on it as it is, and it comes off as being rude if you go looking for discounts. That being said, don't bother asking anyway, because he most likely won't do it for you because it's a personal annoyance for him when people ask.

Another tip when using taobao itself. Use translate.google.com and put your searches into that to get a better translation then if you just put taobao.com into translate and search from there. Also when using search, if you search for an item and are ready to search for another item, go all the way back to the home taobao page. For some reason when you search for something and then use the search at the top of the page again, it will limit a lot of results. (it's not as simple as it just searching within the searched items, it just has a quirk that randomly limits the newer search.)

Edited by phillinley, 26 August 2009 - 12:22 PM.

#6 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hi All,

I know I fell off the face of the earth, but found my way back. I have been lurking for months, but thought I would share a great Toy resource in Japan that I discovered this summer.

Kaikodo is one of the largest and most respected toy resellers in Japan. Their store is located in Saitama, and will blow you away if you ever get a chance to visit. I was there last month, and cannot wait to head back.

They are the exclusive seller of the Kaikodo Kinnikuman Series

The owner, Yutaka speaks English and also is a huge seller on Yahoo Auctions. Yutaka can accept PayPal and does not charge any fees for his service. This is a great alternative to Crescent Shop and the like. Since he is the direct seller, you also only have to pay for him to ship the item to you (unlike 3rd party helper services).

I have purchased from him over the net, as well as in person at his store - both great experiences.

You can email him regarding any items on his Kaikodo site you are interested in purchasing, or you can email him regarding any of his Yahoo auctions that you are interested in purchasing. If there is not a current bidder, he will end the listing and sell you the item directly.

I have also sent him the names of a few items I am looking for, and he has been willing to look through his physical store and keep an eye out for me.

His inventory covers everything from Kinnikuman, keshigomu, Ultraman, Godzilla, Transformers etc.

Here is a link to his Yahoo Japan Auctions:

http://page3.auction...8?u=kaikodo_net

Here is a search for his キン肉マン (Kinnikuman) items on Yahoo

http://booth.search....ler=kaikodo_net

The search for ケシゴム (Keshigomu) items:

http://booth.search....ler=kaikodo_net

Link to Kinnikuman exclusives:

http://www.kaikodo.net/kinnew.html

Contact info:

Yutaka Ishida
twocold@vc-net.ne.jp

Edited by uoozuman, 17 November 2009 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#7 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

More helpful links:

http://www.kaikodo.net/

http://storeuser9.au...ser/kaikodo_net
Posted Image

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:46 PM

Pure awesomeness!

#9 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

:blush:
Posted Image

#10 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

Excellent resource!

Topic Pinned.

Edited by fuzzbuster, 18 November 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

really cool stuph. great to see you doing more than just lurking again, man.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#12 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:38 PM

A few pics I snapped of the Kaikodo store front this past December:

http://1.bp.blogspot...00-h/photo1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot...00-h/photo2.jpg

Edited by uoozuman, 08 February 2010 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

MAJOR coolness points for the Telesdon and Dorako on the sign, and the giant displays (including that Gamera I've seen before) near the doors.

#14 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

MAJOR coolness points for the Telesdon and Dorako on the sign, and the giant displays (including that Gamera I've seen before) near the doors.

If you like that, then I think you will also appreciate the Jirasu sign in their parking lot:

http://1.bp.blogspot...00-h/photo3.jpg

Very cool store for sure.
Posted Image

#15 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

A few recent Kaikodo scores:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

Yes! Ace vs. Ace Killer full diorama! Also, I'm impressed by the Y-MSF figure, since the only times I see them are as the completed Tempting Toys versions.

Oh wow, his Yahoo! Japan account has something I can really use!
http://page14.auctio...tion/s161924667
Although I'd rather have the set of three Unknown from Agito, will have to see if he has more.

Edited by Boaconda, 19 February 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#17 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

Also, I'm impressed by the Y-MSF figure, since the only times I see them are as the completed Tempting Toys versions.

My personal favorite Y-MSF Kaikodo Exclusive:

Pink Godzilla and Son!

I guess this one sold out in just a few minutes - really wish I could have got one.

With your love and knowledge of all things Ultraman, you would go crazy in that store. His Ultra and Kamen Rider sections are mindblowing. A lot of the smaller figures and dioramas he does not list online. If you are looking for something, just ask - odds are he has it.
Posted Image

#18 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:02 AM

Bump..... looks like it's needed...

#19 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

Recent Kaikodo Update:

Check out the following link for detailed pics of Kaikodo's new store location:

http://www.kaikodo.net/reshope.html

The new store is much larger than the old one, and there are some pretty great pics of items that they have for sale. As always, anything in the store is for sale, and the English speaking staff is more than happy to pull or look for anything for you.

Also, check out the new Kaikodo exclusive Tileman figure - very cool!

http://www.kaikodo.net/kinnew.html

Looks like a November release with an October pre-order.

Edited by uoozuman, 04 September 2010 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#20 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Kaikodo exclusive Tileman figure pics updated - official pre-order date 10/21 - limited to 100 pieces.

http://www.kaikodo.n...xclusive20.html
Posted Image

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

Other than Nachiguron, I haven't really been impressed with any of the Kaikodo exclusives. Actually, I don't think I have been interested in any of the new Romandohs for quite a while now. :D

#22 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

I heart tileman

#23 Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

Kaikodo exclusive Tileman figure pics updated - official pre-order date 10/21 - limited to 100 pieces.

Dang, thats a SWEET one! I like him.. :banana:

Always on the hunt for series 2 cheap toys! 

#24 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:09 AM

Is this an exclusive Romandou? I think he should have roller skates.

Posted Image

#25 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Is this an exclusive Romandou? I think he should have roller skates.

Yes, Tileman is part of the Kaikodo Romando Collaboration series. Kaikodo is the only place you can buy him, and the figure is limited to a production run of 100 figures.

The Kaikodo series is pretty much comprised of minor characters, which is appealing to hardcore collectors. They are handmade and painted in Japan which is pretty neato, but are rather plain compared to other Romando figures. Kaikodo is really famous for Sofvi, Vinyl type figures, and that is really what they were going for in this series.

Seriously though, where are the roller skates :unknw: That is the only thing I remember about him from the series e+

Edit: Here is a link showing the rest of the series http://www.kaikodo.net/kinnew.html

Edited by uoozuman, 29 November 2010 - 07:51 PM.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com