• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#76 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

The "mom and pop" kinkeshi store has a ton of kinkeshi but spread out randomly. Last fall the owner felt stand-offish but this time I had a chance to talk to him and he was a huge wrestling fan (wanted to know more about Lucha Libre and some old school Mexican wrestlers!).

He let me dig through a secret kinkeshi stash and told me anything I wanted from those 2 bins would be 500 yen each no matter what. I ended up finding a Part 29 figure in Green and a Part 26 figure in green as well (worth more than 500 yen); when he saw what I pulled out he laughed (almost saying: dang! These are worth way more).

He was a man of his word and I made my purchases (prices here are more expensive but if you dig properly and socialize; who knows you might get a deal.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 04 September 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#77 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

Finally the main event! Mandarake! I took these pics after my purchases.

Attached Files

#78 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Some of my purchases
-199 Kinkeshi
-Loose Kinkeshi
-A couple of bags of kinkeshi (2 glitter and 1 I got a deal on because of melting which I ended up taking & cleaning; great score!)
-2 incomplete 205 Perfect Collection Boxes (I have a thing for them)

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 04 September 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#79 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

I brought along my copy of REX Magazine and had it signed by Miyakoshi-san, Director of Mandarake Microkan. Spent way too much money here!

Attached Files

#80 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

Holy shit those glitter bags!!!

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#81 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Holy shit those glitter bags!!!

Yeah, that Glitter 1 in the case was making me drool. And more 100 tons..................

How are you getting all of this home?

Edited by OneTallPonderosa, 03 September 2017 - 12:30 PM.

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#82 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

I went back and bought all the glitter figures from the display case...utter madness!

I pack an empty bag within a bag ;)

Plus leave old clothes on my travels (saves space)

Edited by kayfabe1985, 03 September 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#83 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

Did you get a chance to see any NJPW or anything while you were there?

#84 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

Unfortunately no live wrestling (they dont/didnt have shows when I was/am around in Tokyo); I already put my wife through toy shopping and I was gone most weekends when I was actively wrestling myself so I was not going to bore her with a show (haha)

#85 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Last day of toy shopping was yesterday & I reached my toy shopping budget (I left myself some wiggle room since I still have 14 days of travel left in Taiwan & Hong Kong but I only plan on visiting 2 toy stores in Taiwan).

Part of the deal I had with my wife was hardcore toy shopping in Tokyo and I would do something she wanted as well: she chose hiking Mt Fuji today! Tomorrow we Fly to Taiwan.

The last toy shopping spots are in Akihabara:

1-Mandarake Complex
2-Jungle Toys
3-Golden Age Toys
4-Hobby-Kan Toys

#86 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

Mandarake Complex in Akihabara was kinda disappointing but silver lining: They basically had no kinkeshi and when I asked the employee he went to the back and pulled a bag with 5 figures and one of them was a Part 30 sculpt that usually in Flesh runs for 25,000-30,000 or more yen but this one was marked way below that (I thought about it and just bit the bullet). That was my only purchase (I spent like 10 minutes total and more time in the tax free register).

Attached Files

#87 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Jungle Toys (closest branch to Mandarake Complex) also had no Kinkeshi besides the Premium Sets I already own.

Next stop was Golden Age toys and I asked the owner if he had any kinkeshi and he apollegitically pointed to a small stash (which had mostly reissues) & I found one bag of tag team uncut pachi/bootleg kinkeshi which I snatched up but not before the owner letting me know that those are pachi and not licensed etc.

He was surprised I was more interested in them because they are Pachi; I showed him a picture of the tag sets I bought in Osaka and along with the owner of the "mom & pop" shop in Nakano he also confirmed they were bootleg (but of course one cant be 100%)

These are the ones I bought at Golden Age

Attached Files

#88 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Hobby-Kan was my last toy store stop in Japan (next to Golden Age Toys) and I found nothing.

I was feeling a little bummed out at my last stop being a bust but....another silver lining on my way back towards the Akihabara train station.

On that same street they have a ton of Gashapon machine shops; I always made an effort to look for those darn kinnikuman gashapon machines since they where so seldom (so far this trip I found 4 total).

I want to support the product by buying its products etc

I saw one machine inside one of these shops; I love Daishi and gashapon machines themselves (especially for display purposes).

I am working on a little project and I wanted to acquire a Daishi from the new kinkeshi line gashapon.

I looked at the machine and it had a couple of capsules so I thought I would just straight out ask the owner if I could buy the Daishi.

I thought I would sweeten the pot by offering to buy all the capsules inside as well (that way she didn't have a machine with no backing board).

The woman called the owner and he said cool!

She emptied out the machine and also cut me a wholesale deal and gave me the Daishi for free!

Now I just gotta buy a modern gashapon machine when I bump into a cheap one online.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 04 September 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#89 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

I ate the small cakes inside the Mori Museum friendship box exclusive and now that it's empty plus for space purposes I put some glitter kinkeshi inside.

Attached Files

#90 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

What exactly does "pachi" mean? I've only ever seen it used with kaiju trading cards.

#91 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

Pachi means bootleg :)

#92 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

I visited 3 toy Stores in Taiwan so far and no Kinkeshi.

1-Monster Tapei: Cute store selling modern Toys (if your in the market for Bearbricks then Taiwan is the place for you). The logo is a nod to the Monsters in my pocket Logo.

106, Taipei City, Da’an District, Lane 51, Section 1, Da'an Road, 46號

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 10 September 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#93 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

The 2nd store I visited was Hot Dog Toyz; again no Kinkeshi but at least they had a Kinnikuman related poster. They had a room full of gashapon though.

106, Taipei City, Da’an District, Lane 147, Section 4, Zhongxiao East Road, 10號

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 10 September 2017 - 06:40 AM.

#94 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

3rd store was ArtLife; cool Store and Like the other two quite hipsterish (haha).

Mostly filled with the owners private collection which is not for sale (He had the old school MOTU Japanese Kinkeshi!)

No. 6, Lane 76, Section 1, Zhonghua Road, Wanhua District, Taipei City, 108

Edited by kayfabe1985, 10 September 2017 - 06:45 AM.

#95 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

Dang, that poster is cool. Wish I could get one of those to hang on the wall. 

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#96 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

I didn't even know there was MOTU kinkeshi (before Super 7)!

#97 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

I didn't even know there was MOTU kinkeshi (before Super 7)!

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=178827

#98 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Left Taiwan and now am in Hong Kong for 2 days (before returning to the Latin paradise known as Germany).

I visited Ins Point
530-538 Nathan Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hongkong

The last time I was in HK I visited this store a couple of times and each visit was different.

A lot of these shops are run by students, it could be that a lot of the shops are closed during the day (best to get here after 4pm).

Edited by kayfabe1985, 16 September 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#99 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

I visited Store 250 (2nd Floor)

I didnt find hardly any Kinkeshi or Keshigomu on my last trip.

So this seller surprised me. He had both but not in great abundance.

I ended Up buying a Premium Set Vol 1

I already own this mint but I needed a 2nd to open (it was circa 45 EUR)

On my way out the seller gave me some free Kinkeshi as a gift (Amada)

Be warned though most sellers don't speak English

Attached Files

#100 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

The 2nd Shop was awesome (Baby Boom Toys)

Since am down to the last 2 figures to complete the vintage Kinkeshi line, I moved on to the 1991 figures and I was missing one to complete Part 2

I found that here in blue for circa 25 EUR and it was also uncut with another sculpt from Part 2 (this was more than fair to me since often the figure is missing the wings)

I also bought 2 Part 3 sculpts as well.

Attached Files

Edited by kayfabe1985, 16 September 2017 - 06:50 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com