• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#101 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

omfg i just had a geek-gasm over the stan cross! puurrrrrsssss

got the the cthulu and moai-guy-for-the-collector-guy today! heaven... i'm i heaven ;)

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#102 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Glad you like them stoney! They were fun to do :)
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#103 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

Tireman
Posted Image

this was my submission to custom con 30
Serpentor and his air chariot (6 inch scale)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#104 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

that Serpentor is wicked~!

#105 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

here's a few commissions i've done recently.

Starman v2 (from NES Pro Wrestling)
Posted Image
Posted Image

these battle beasts are the first i've ever done. they were done to his specific instructions to match his avatar.
Arctic Hare
Posted Image
Posted Image

100t
these were sculpted/made by the commissioner, i provided the paint :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Wow!!!! Exceeded my expectations! Wonderful!!!!
Posted Image

#107 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1853 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

these battle beasts are the first i've ever done. they were done to his specific instructions to match his avatar.
Arctic Hare
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hmmmm those look familiar...........
Great job Rick, sure proves you're an excellent BB customizer as well!

My 100th POST is about my own figs!!!!!!!!!!!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#108 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

another Battle Beast...more to come XD
Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

here's a commissioned Nasty Nick cheap toy i painted
Posted Image
Posted Image

#110 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Most Excellent!! I'm stoked to have this bad boy in my collection. Posted Image

#111 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

here are some more goodies!

one of my very favorite muscle figurs...hammerhead!
Posted Image

a few additions to the growing motu line

clawful, keldor, hordak, grizlor
Posted Image
Posted Image

buzzoff, clampchamp, stratos
Posted Image
Posted Image

and wrapped up this commission. the sculpt was done by uoozuman (real nice work)and the paint was provided by me :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PlasticPlayhouse, 10 January 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#112 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

The past few months I have been re-reading many of my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics. The City at War arch in particular is one of my most favorites. The entire C@W series was penciled by Jim Lawson who is probably the only person to have possibly drawn more of the turtles than even Eastman and Laird.

Recently I commissioned Jim to draw me a picture of all four turtles, which he did an amazing job on. I was so inspired by my commissioned piece that I decided to make my own Jim Lawson styled Ninja Turtle action figure.

I began with a 2007 TMNT movie Raphael which I shaved down in order to sculpt the new details with an epoxy clay. As you can see in the work in progress shots, about 90% of the figure was resculpted. The nunchucks were crafted from wooden dowels and wire. The belt was made from vinyl.

While Leo and Donnie are my personal favorites, Mikey doesn’t always get the respect he deserves, so I chose him.

I showed the pics to Jim himself and he said, “he was impressedâ€￾ and “you made my dayâ€￾. In turn, him being pleased with my rendition of his art made my day!

Michelangelo (Jim Lawson style)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mikey stands 6" tall and has aprox 13 points of articulation :)

For those who are unfamiliar with his art, here is a pic for reference.
NOTE: this is not the piece he did for me. This is a pre existing piece Jim has posted on his website. I only used it as a good style and color reference.
Posted Image

#113 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Some before and during shots
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Wow Rick!! I am really impressed with this one, the detail is endless on that figure!!!

#115 1kobocop

1kobocop

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

here's some more MOTU inspired m.u.s.c.l.e. figures. let me know what you think :)

prince adam, ninjor, orko, cyclone
Posted Image

fisto, jitsu, mekaneck, stinkor
Posted Image

:blink: :shok: :kid:

I was going to start doing just this, (except for the crossovers, that is just too much for me) but now you have just blown me away with your quality. It will be pretty hard to live up to. Two questions if I may-

1. What kind of sculpting compound do you prefer? Does Aves work well for this scale?

2. What is your technique for shading the muscles??? Do you shade first, then paint over the shading, or shade last, over the skin painting?

Thanks and rock on!

#116 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for stopping by.

Aves is all I use, so yes it works well for muscles. I paint in layers. That is how I get my shading. First the darker base coat, then the lighter highlighting coat via dry brushing. Hope that helps.

#117 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, once you've seen Rick's work it's hard to beat that!! He is one of the best I have ever seen when it comes to painting toys!! :)

#118 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

OMFG figures MOTU style
Posted Image
Posted Image

these were commissioned. they resemble the MOTU OMFG art that I believe Eric Nilla made, someone please correct me if i'm wrong. i want to give propper credit.

#119 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

So incredible!

#120 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

These came out great~!

#121 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Great stuff as always man!

#122 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Beautiful!

#123 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

here's a few more commissioned omfg figures. the buyer had no idea what they were going to look like...until now. hope you like :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

also completed another "artists rendition" custom ninja turtle 6" action figure. this is an A. C. Farley styled donatello.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

work in progress
Posted Image
Posted Image

references
Posted Image
Posted Image

#124 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

loads of goodies!!!

here are a few more custom toys that i've made/painted recently

6" GI Joe
Cobra Commander v3
Posted Image

Stormshaddow v2
Posted Image

Glyos
Cosmos & the Reptilian Reaper
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cosmos arm cannon, dots/warts on body and head were sculpted by me then the figure was given his cosmos looking paint work :)

the Reptilian Reaper's body and head where moderatly resculpted and then painted reptilian like :)

Battle Beasts
Posted Image
Posted Image

#125 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

TMNT m.u.s.c.l.e.
Posted Image
Posted Image

comments and feedback are always appreciated :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com