THEGODBEAST <_<

#127 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 11:42 AM

I looked again at that web page before and I still don't see the 60 different characters. I have everything in the photos with the exception of 1 kid muscle flesh figure. So that still means that I have 79 (1 kid muscle flesh figure) different sculpts and color variations and there is a total of 80 (including the CCG clear reds and blues)?
If so, that is cool, but sort of sucks, cuz now I am missing only one figure!
THEGODBEAST <_<

#128 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 01:07 PM

10 Yellow
10 Red
2 Blue
12 Posed (Blue and red)
4 Gold
4 Silver
8 Full Color
10 Flesh
-------------------------------
60 total

plus CCG
10 Red
10 Blue
----------------------------
80 so far.

I can't wait until the next release!

#129 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 01:42 PM

That is what I have minus one stupid flesh kid!
Damn!
I too can't wait for the next round of figures.
THEGODBEAST <_<

#130 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 05:13 PM

Still no sign of these in the TRU computer system, don't bother checking there for now.

#131 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 06:00 PM

i still havent seen these in any stores
Posted Image

#132 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 10:54 AM

So what's the deal with the CCG figures. The only CCG packs I saw at my WalMart were the singles with single figures...do you have to buy a case of these? or is there another case? If so, how much does it cost??? Also, I know that there are pics of the new muscles on the G2 section, but it would be really nice if there was a section with individual shots of all the series without having them all lumped together in one shot...

#133 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 11:16 AM

I agree about the photos.
The CCG cost $63 (tax included) or so for the case of 24.
They are $2.46 per pack + tax.
One clear red or blue exclusive muscle per pack.
If you buy a case, you will get all 10 in both colors of clear + 2 doubles in each color (total of 4 doubles).
THEGODBEAST e+

#134 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 11:25 AM

the fifteen packs have landed in columbus!!! i haven't seen any of the ccg's, but i picked up all four sets... and i got doubles of kid muscle doing the kinnikudriver on ol' pappy, and him doing the kinnikubuster on blood killer. i really dig the painted ones, but as far as i have seen, between me and my friends, they only have terry, two mantaros, a jeager, checkmate, one kevinmask (in his wrestling garb), wally, and dik. i have four gold ones, and three silver...

cool sh!t.

now, only wating for the ccg...

question...what do you think the chances are of them putting out an 6.5'' blocken jr?

#135 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 12:22 PM

Ouch! $63 is pretty steep!

#136 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 12:49 PM

I know!
$63 sucks just to get a complete set of 20! Especially when I could give a S@!# about the cards!
THEGODBEAST e+

#137 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 10:53 PM

I figure you can sell the cards for a little change to make up for some of it, but still almost unreasonable for muscles...besides it's early in the game. While there are a lot of muscle fans on this site, the few of us who visit this site aren't enough to keep a series alive. For all we know these things could go clearance if we let them sit long enough...especially with inventory season quickly approaching. Store want to get rid of everything they have right after Christmas because everthing you sell is one more thing that you don't have to count.

#138 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 07:01 AM

I figure you can sell the cards for a little change to make up for some of it, but still almost unreasonable for muscles...

Well, let's remember that you can buy a 15-pack for $5, which is an incredibly great price. Also remember that the going price for collectible card packs is about $3, too. So you're actually getting a good deal... a card pack and a figure for $2.50 is a pretty damned good price. The problem is, of course, that if you don't like the cards and you want to collect a whole set of the figures, you're screwed.

Then again, if you really object to the price, then don't bother buying them. I doubt that I'll be buying all the CCG figures... $50 minimum for 20 different figures is waaaay too much, especially since they're not even different sculpts. I'll probably buy a few, but I'd rather take that money and buy another 15-pack so I can build an army.

-Nathan

#139 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 10:27 AM

Well, headed out to Wally World during my lunch hour expecting to be disappointed. I walked down the Toy aisle and there they were. Ulitmate Muscle toys!! -_- This store is in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area of Virginia. It looked like they either didn't set much merchandise out or they had just been hit by another Kinnikuman fan. I got series 1-4 of the 1.5" figures. That cleaned them out of all of the 1.5" figures. The larger action figures were there but only of Kevin Mask and Ramenman. I passed on the bigger figures since I opted to order the Japanese versions with their more detailed paint. The CCG was also there. I decided not to get any yet since I don't really care about the cards and $63 a case is a bit much. I'm back at my office and am ready to tear into these packages. :D

#140 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 06:54 PM

got back home today from college. they are at my walmart in nort eastern PA. i got 4 packs, but i dont think i have the whole set and i only got 1 silver dude and 4 gold dudes. im kind of pissed, is there anywhere i can go where they have all 60 up?? plus they had the big guys, but i think they look like crap so i didnt buy any of them.
www.rawkthreads.com

#141 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 07:13 PM

im missing 3 silver and 1 flesh variant! i have 56 of them :D -_- B)
www.rawkthreads.com

#142 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 08:15 PM

im missing 3 silver and 1 flesh variant! i have 56 of them :D -_- B)

Don't feel bad...I still have 0.00 of them! -_-

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#143 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 10:29 PM

is there anywhere i can go where they have all 60 up??

Hmmm, maybe the AKIA? Just a guess. -_-

#144 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 10:44 AM

any one got spare silvers??? only one i got is that chess guy(his name eludes me right now)
www.rawkthreads.com

#145 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 02:09 PM

I'm still not entirely sure which ones I'm missing...with all these variants and chasers and siamese muscles, it's all a bit much. Call me spoiled, but I've gotta have that shXt spelled out for me on a big, stupid, full color, mailaway poster.

#146 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 02:55 PM

Call me spoiled, but I've gotta have that shXt spelled out for me on a big, stupid, full color, mailaway poster.

http://www.kinnikuman.com Check the Toys-G2 USA section. ^_^

#147 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 04:13 PM

Don't get me wrong, we appreciate your scans in the G2 section, but like I said, I need to have it spelled out. The pics in the G2 section has muscles standing in front of one another, and is lack in detail. I need close up individual shots with variations listed next to each applicable mould. A list of names without pics doesnt help either, some of us don't know many of the names of the muscles.

#148 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 04:53 PM

Not to be an arse, but you did click the thumbnails, right? I don't know how much more detailed you can get than this:

Posted Image

You're right about the need for names under the pictures though, I added them! ^_^

#149 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 06:25 PM

Finally I scored those damned 1.5" figures at a Super Walmart in Stanton, VA (which is about 40 minutes west of Charlottesville). There were a couple pegs full of them, and I managed to get all four 15-packs and picked up a couple of CCG packs too. The figures are definitely awesome, and I think the cards are pretty nifty! Anyway...

I also saw the new 6 inch figures, but didn't get any. The joints had paint jobs that were incongruent to the figures, just like they are in Johnny's review. They're gonna have to do better than that to get my money.

To those who are still looking for the figures, I would recommend going to a Walmart that's some distance from a major shopping area. For example, the Walmart in Stanton is all the way up in the mountains and 40 minutes from the nearest city (Charlottesville). There seem to be more collectors in the major shopping areas, so you might get lucky if you check alternate Walmarts.

-Nathan

#150 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 07:19 PM

I did click the thumbnails, but not the ones divided into color...touche. That helped, I have all of the flesh variants, but no silver and I have 2 sets of doubles in the red and blue posers. But what about the CCG moulds, can you get scans of those?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com