• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BoiledEggOda

BoiledEggOda

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman. One Piece. Nintendo. Breathing. Eating. Having a pulse.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi! First post. Anyway, anybody have this game? It looks awsome!
I love you, person reading my signature.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

Is this the Gamecube one? I have the PS2 Galactic Wrestling featuring Ultimate Muscle...Which is crazy fun! Even after beating it I occasionally plug it in just to see the special moves, and look at the capsule figures gallery.

I've been wanting the gamecube ultimate Muscle game.....of course I'm not sure if the one your talking about is the same....or if anything I'm talking about is related....where's my hat? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#3 BoiledEggOda

BoiledEggOda

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

No, this is for the PSP. Not a great system, but a probably good game.

#4 jmac

jmac

watashi wa calderon des

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:sports, cartoons, history, politics, toys and good food.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

i have the nintendo wrestling game is the ps2 game really that good... maybe ill pick one up it cant be that much now.

#5 Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard D. Kuma

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:52 AM

@BoiledEggOda - I don't have this game and chances are almost nobody has this game. What exactly is it you want to know though? If you're wondering what is different about this game compared to Kinnikuman Generations for the Playstation 2, the only differences I am aware of are that this game has Akira Kamiya back to reprise his voice over role for Kinnikuman and there are 3 more characters (Soldier, Screw Kid, and Kendaman). Other than these differences, the gameplay looks pretty much identical to Kinnikuman Generations.

#6 BoiledEggOda

BoiledEggOda

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

@BoiledEggOda - I don't have this game and chances are almost nobody has this game. What exactly is it you want to know though? If you're wondering what is different about this game compared to Kinnikuman Generations for the Playstation 2, the only differences I am aware of are that this game has Akira Kamiya back to reprise his voice over role for Kinnikuman and there are 3 more characters (Soldier, Screw Kid, and Kendaman). Other than these differences, the gameplay looks pretty much identical to Kinnikuman Generations.

Yeah, that's about what I wanted to know.

#7 jakkman420

jakkman420

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

I have the game although I do not have a PSP currently. Tried to upgrade to the PSP slim but bill payments have delayed my upgrade. (Need one for better control response for Tekken.) Yeah it pretty much plays just like Galactic Wrestling for PS2 but the good news is that I get to hear Honoo No Kinnikuman everytime the game starts. I have yet to get Screw Kid but I have Kendaman and Sgt Kinnikuman.

What did you else did you want to know about the game?

#8 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

I do remember hearing about a few minor changes to the game's engine, too. (I can't remember what they are, though)
Posted Image

#9 vashnin21

vashnin21

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Anime,Manga,drawing and poems

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

Yeah i have it! Did you want me to upload it as long as your psp has custom firmware you'll be able to play it.

#10 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:50 AM

Please don't post links to bootlegged currently avaible merchandise on the board.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#11 jakkman420

jakkman420

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

BTW if you have a psp, you can play import games. I played mine on a regular US PSP. Of course it was a refurbished one but it was still a US PSP. I believe that the new PSP slims can still play import games too. You dont need any special software either.

#12 dam2040

dam2040

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

Got Game And It Is AWESOME All Characters Look Brilliant !! Great Game Highly Recommended! :D :D :D :yes:

#13 vashnin21

vashnin21

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Anime,Manga,drawing and poems

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

Sorry

Please don't post links to bootlegged currently avaible merchandise on the board.

#14 xxillegalxx

xxillegalxx

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

I got the game, I've actually had it for awhile. There are a few difference between the game-cube and the ps2 versions.

This time it has a story mode. Not really much of a story, but whoever you pick usually has a scene before the match starts where they talk to the other character(exactly the same as the PS2). Another plus is you can play through the G1 tag team tournament. You can play as any of the teams, and it even subs in certain events that took place, like Ashuraman and Sunshine take Specialman and Canadiaman's place. If you pick Kinnikuman and Kinnikuman Great, the change from kinnikuman great(prince kamehame) to kinnikuman great(terryman) and the unmasking of kinnikuman great, all take place. (This is great for me because i enjoy playing the story matches). They also have 3 new characters

The fighting style is similar but a little different compared to the PS2 and Gamecube. You cant do as many moves as you could in the others, and you cant pin or pick people up off of the mat. The good thing though is they made doing specials alot easier. As in the PS2 Version, to do Kid Muscles Invert Kinnikubuster, you had to grappel, then press triangle to throw them up, then hold L1 + Triangle to do it. In this one all you is hold L1+circle then press triangle and he does it.

I think this is an awesome game for anyone who is a fan of kinnikuman games. I've had hours of fun, just replaying the tag-team tournament. Definetly check it out

#15 Feebas

Feebas

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

I signed up just to ask this question..... how do you unlock Soldier? I have the game, but when I enter the stuff that all the FAQs have for his unlocking method, it doesn't work. Do I have to complete something ingame or something first?

#16 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

I was interested in this game but I'm worried about using the nub on the PSP for controls. Is this an issue? Also how do the Perfect ChoJin Tag Team and Soldier play?

Thanks in advance.

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#17 jakkman420

jakkman420

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

I signed up just to ask this question..... how do you unlock Soldier? I have the game, but when I enter the stuff that all the FAQs have for his unlocking method, it doesn't work. Do I have to complete something ingame or something first?

The way I unlocked him was I kept beating it with everyone and eventually with all of the kinkeshi they gave me, I got him. I know that is not much but that is how I unlocked him. If you check Gamefaqs.com they have a way to unlock him via a code. I may be wrong on that but its worth a try. I still have yet to unlock Screw kid. If you have found anyway to unlock him please let me know! Thanx!

#18 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hi Jakkman420 and xxillegalxx,

I was thinking about picking up this game but wanted to know how does it compares to its PS2 counterpart? I really concerned that the nub makes for a bad playing experience; would you recommend picking it up? Thanks in advance guys.

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#19 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

I was thinking about picking up this game but wanted to know how does it compares to its PS2 counterpart? I really concerned that the nub makes for a bad playing experience; would you recommend picking it up? Thanks in advance guys.

It's better by having Akira Kamiya as Kinnikuman again. Haha!
Though I'd rather play the Muscle Grand Prix games for more quicker and snappier battles (The more wrestling based games are a tad too long for my tastes)

#20 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

Kinnikuman: Tekkan Copy-cat and Kinnikuman CheapKOPS2 are only good for character fanservice and nothing else.

Kinnikuman Nisei: Jawsome Legends vs. Better Anime Cast is faster, doesn't contain cheap KO tricks oh wait it does and gives meh Cube controller a workout.

It's HAWT, in Japanese it's GLORIOUS.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#21 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

Kinnikuman: Tekkan Copy-cat and Kinnikuman CheapKOPS2 are only good for character fanservice and nothing else.

Guilty as charged!

Kinnikuman Nisei: Jawsome Legends vs. Better Anime Cast is faster, doesn't contain cheap KO tricks oh wait it does and gives meh Cube controller a workout.

It's HAWT, in Japanese it's GLORIOUS.

That was a fun game (only had the English version imported, so no Kamiya. Foo!) Haven't played it in a long time, due to the Freeloader disc no longer working anymore.

#22 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

While the American PS2 game has less to do, some poor voices, and crappy loading times, I'll admit that I prefer the bigger cast of characters and sexy graphics. I luv me some Mars pecs.

Is it just me or for some reason.. is Kinnikuman really hard to beat on the Japanese Gamecube version? I never had any trouble with him on the American but jebus, on the import, he's insanely strong.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 19 March 2009 - 06:21 AM.

#23 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

While the American PS2 game has less to do, some poor voices, and crappy loading times, I'll admit that I prefer the bigger cast of characters and sexy graphics. I luv me some Mars pecs.

Cube fun-ness vs. PS2 mewbs?

THE BATTLE WILL NOW COMMENCE!
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#24 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

Cube fun-ness vs. PS2 mewbs?

THE BATTLE WILL NOW COMMENCE!

Posted Image

The lack of Croe ass makes me sad though. WHERE IS THAT FINE GHETTO BOOTIE? </fangirl>

#25 jakkman420

jakkman420

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

To answer your question, there aren't really any reasons to do any Street Fighter like moves QCF (quarter circle forward/hadoken) motions. The d-pad is fine for playing the game. I'd recommend picking it up if you are a diehard fan, but if you played Galactic Wrestling for PS2, I'd stick with that because it has the dubbed voices (if that matters to you.) I bought it because I was a diehard Kinniku fan, it was portable, and it had a few more characters than the PS2 version. I actually traded in my PSP so that I could get the newest 3000 model, so it has been a while since I played any PSP games.

I'm sorry if that wasn't enough info for you to buy the game! I briefly played the Grand Prix games for PS2 and those were cooler in my opinion. Too bad it's not coming stateside so that it could be dubbed!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com