Trash Pack

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#26 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Well, you can preorder em online. Pretty nice price for 12 packs. 9.99. You could get 120 figs for 99.99 + Tax. :D

My only thing is, what are people gonna do with all those cool trashcans? I think it would have been better had they gone with a sinlge muscle style can that hold all 12 or so figs per pack.

Posted Image

#27 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hahaha, I don't see myself dumping money all-in like that, collect too many pricey toylines for that! I'm interested, don't get me wrong, but from more of an impulse sort of thing. I'd hate to own that many figures in one shot only to find out they're not actually for me either.

Clutter from boxes (mainly Japanese figures, lots of cardboard and plastic bubbles...) is bad enough, hell if I know what I'd do with a ton of those trashcans! Some would be awesome accessories/gag props for my other figures though.

Edited by BaltanII, 31 August 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#28 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

The trashcans don't seem so bad, they're a lot smaller than Dinofroz eggs and Boogaz noses, of which I have dozens stinking up my home at the moment.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#29 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

The guys below have been spoken for (left them up for the picture only, so people can see what these guys look like):

Putrid Boot (59) common
Waste Wolf (140) common
Rancid Roach (87) common
Putrid Pizza (32) common
Germ Worm (90) common
Putrid Sardine (3) common
Stinky Soda (72) common
Gross Rover (117) common
Scabby Cat (131) common
Trash-A-Pillar (85) common
Awful Pie (1) common
Stale Bread (22) common
Snotten (62) common
Grott Dog (13) common

Attached Files

Edited by seekingxar, 17 September 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#30 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Was at my TRU looking around with my nephew, and came across and endcap full of this stuff. Was odd that it was put away kinda by the books/the expensive mini model sets (knights, fairy tails, smurfs). These are pretty neat, though I was a bit dissappointed that they are squinky material though. Debated on what set to get for myself and what for my nephew. In the end I got myself a 5 pack (the one shown in the video), and him a 2 pack (he got some other items as well). I like these things, when I first saw them I though MUSCLE cause of the can.

I did do a O_O when I saw Might Moose, having flash backs to Fistful of Power getting canned....hate thinking of getting into another line only to have it die out so quick. Ill prob pick up another set, and I might get him some more if he takes to it, as of now he was more interested in the little motorcycles he got.

Posted Image

#31 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

Well, you can preorder em online. Pretty nice price for 12 packs. 9.99. You could get 120 figs for 99.99 + Tax. :D

My only thing is, what are people gonna do with all those cool trashcans? I think it would have been better had they gone with a sinlge muscle style can that hold all 12 or so figs per pack.

They do have bigger trashcans that fit more figures, they come in the 12 pack.

#32 joeybones

joeybones

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Neon colors,gross things, zombies,action figure collecting,Danzig,record collecting,madballs,pushead,blood and guts.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

These rule! I grabbed some today... All commons, except 1, a 'ultra rare' chiky pox.

#33 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

They do have bigger trashcans that fit more figures, they come in the 12 pack.

I know, but you still get like 4 or so little cans. I was saying it would have been cheaper packaging wise to just go the Muscle route and jam em all in a can with no backer cards. Huge space saver as well.

Posted Image

#34 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

I know, but you still get like 4 or so little cans. I was saying it would have been cheaper packaging wise to just go the Muscle route and jam em all in a can with no backer cards. Huge space saver as well.

Agree! I do have a massive army of trash cans now...maybe use them to fill up for halloween hand outs?

#35 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Agree! I do have a massive army of trash cans now...maybe use them to fill up for halloween hand outs?

Heck yeah..... fill 'em with pudding! Or maybe chocolate syrup!

#36 oOMoSOo

oOMoSOo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Toys,art,more toys,dr.who

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Bloody brilliant toy line, damn shame they are TRU exclusives in the USA means I'm outta luck. Not gonna drive 3+ hours to buy a toy :p

#37 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

I saw this picture on the Toys R us website under the 2 pack. I haven't seen these single packs at any store though.

Attached Files

Edited by seekingxar, 04 September 2011 - 01:26 AM.

#38 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:53 AM

someone should put a few of them trashcans together and make a custom figure. :)

#39 Shmoofer

Shmoofer

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Whats the best way to collect these do you guys think? I bought two 12 packs and a 5 pack at TRU about a week ago, and so far only have 1 rare and 2 ultra rares. The rest are commons. Apparently not all TRU are going to get them, because the TRU close to my house has absolutely none and isn't going to get any I think. I have to go all the way across town :confused:

#40 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Whats the best way to collect these do you guys think? I bought two 12 packs and a 5 pack at TRU about a week ago, and so far only have 1 rare and 2 ultra rares. The rest are commons. Apparently not all TRU are going to get them, because the TRU close to my house has absolutely none and isn't going to get any I think. I have to go all the way across town :confused:

12 pack is the cheapest way but you have to make sure you buy different showing figures or you will get a duplicate pack. I'm trying to collect the set and so hopefully there will be others willing to trade.

As far as Toys R Us, they will get them in and probably have them in the back. It said the release is supposed to be September 15th and so I think most Toys R Us ignored the date and put them out already. I had a Toys R Us near me that just put them out the other day and so they are all getting them out at different times. Plus I'm sure Toys R Us will have a sale on these soon enough, buy 2 get 3rd free like they do on Mighty Beanz stuff.

#41 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

Whats the best way to collect these do you guys think?

Personally I'm just going to wait til they hit clearance, which is the destiny of all Moose toys, and then bulk buy the shit out of them, but that's just the way I roll ;)
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#42 joeybones

joeybones

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Neon colors,gross things, zombies,action figure collecting,Danzig,record collecting,madballs,pushead,blood and guts.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

I noticed the small green single pack cans are numbered. Im not sure how high the numbers go. I dont know if there will be a corresponding #'d figure, to match a can.

#43 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I noticed the small green single pack cans are numbered. Im not sure how high the numbers go. I dont know if there will be a corresponding #'d figure, to match a can.

I have been trying to figure the packs out too...I've only seen 1,2,3, and 4 on the 2 packs cans. I know back when Fistful of Power was around, all the secret #'d figures were packaged with the same guy showing.

#44 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

I just saw these in TRU and immediately bought a pack...this is possibly the first toy line in fifteen years that I love as much as GERMS or THINGZ. Considering how many rotten garbage blobs and slobbering mutant insects in my own art, this is like a toy line I'd have designed myself! I seriously want them all, and I haven't thought that about toy series ever before.

#45 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I went ahead and picked up a 12 pack yesterday from TRU....well of course TRU since that is the only USA place to sell these. So far out of my 5 and 12 pack I only have one double (red bottle), hope moose doesn't give up on this line. These kinda of remind me of this:

Garbage Pail Kids = Trash Pack
Cabbage Patch Kids = Squinkies

Might also get my nephew some more, as he is playing with mine right now. I think he mainly likes opening the cans and swapping the characters around.

Posted Image

#46 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Well I went and bought some more for me and my nephew. Now I got a double of the Moo Cow fig. Also went ahead and grabbed the Trash Can container. It says it holds 100 cans, but that will be only after you remove the plastic can holder on the inside (the one that displays the cans). The exclusive figs with the container aren't shown on the check list from what I can see, one is Rice/Shrimp kind of food, and the other is the skull from the commercial.

Posted Image

#47 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

Well I went and bought some more for me and my nephew. Now I got a double of the Moo Cow fig. Also went ahead and grabbed the Trash Can container. It says it holds 100 cans, but that will be only after you remove the plastic can holder on the inside (the one that displays the cans). The exclusive figs with the container aren't shown on the check list from what I can see, one is Rice/Shrimp kind of food, and the other is the skull from the commercial.

I have the big Trash Can container too...it will hold a ton for sure if you take the insert out. I like the other case too, doesn't hold any of the cans but displays the guys pretty cool.

#48 DrBo

DrBo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:59 AM

Bloody brilliant toy line, damn shame they are TRU exclusives in the USA means I'm outta luck. Not gonna drive 3+ hours to buy a toy :p

Same thing here, I'm from Canada so I may resist getting them. Yet maybe online... Anyway they look like a hell lot of fun!

They are soft, that was my only complaint. They are very cool though. I bought 2 of the 5 packs. I like the trash cans! I saw on the poster that they have 3 limited edition guys...there is only 1000 made, 5000, and 10000.

Yeah, if they would have been hard I would have got them in a flash by the bucket. I don,t mind soft that much, at the condition it age well. Sticky decaying rubber toys are scary, even for a line of trash can monsters...
- Dr Bo,
Man of Kitsch, robot and glamour

Ebay user: bdbonhomme

#49 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

These are not sticky material, nor the same squishy/stretchy material that deteriorates the same way. That would have turned me off too, but these are more than firm enough to last, same stuff as Squinkies. I've got squishier toys that have survived display since my early childhood without becoming crackled dustbunnies.

From the commercial though, it looks like some of the extra-special sculpts are sticky. That's too bad, the maggoty skull looks awesome otherwise.

12 pack is the cheapest way but you have to make sure you buy different showing figures or you will get a duplicate pack. I'm trying to collect the set and so hopefully there will be others willing to trade.

Do you mean the 12 packs with the same visible figures have identical blind figures? If so, I'd love to know what contains what!

Edited by scythemantis, 06 September 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#50 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

These are not sticky material, nor the same squishy/stretchy material that deteriorates the same way. That would have turned me off too, but these are more than firm enough to last, same stuff as Squinkies. I've got squishier toys that have survived display since my early childhood without becoming crackled dustbunnies.

From the commercial though, it looks like some of the extra-special sculpts are sticky. That's too bad, the maggoty skull looks awesome otherwise.

Do you mean the 12 packs with the same visible figures have identical blind figures? If so, I'd love to know what contains what!

The skull isn't sticky either. I think they just put extra pressure on them in the commercial, it ad's "play" value for kids if they can squish them and stretch them. these do seem like they will last just find, they were meant for lots of play.

So far that has been what I have seen. The 12 pack that "TwoHeadedBoy" got sent from moose and he showed the pictures earlier in this thread, had the same exact figures as what I got from the 12 pack with those guys showing. So far that's the only one I know. I will be buying another 12 pack tomorrow and will let you know. So far I've stayed with buying the 5 packs and 2 packs.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com