8 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

animals-robot-master-header-indonesia.jp

As promised back in the days when I first posted about this BB Bootleg line in 2014 I´d keep you updated and informed about new finds and information. This was the first original post; Animals Robot Master (Unknown?!) Bootleg BB from Indonesia

It´s been a while and even though there have been a few updates shared within that post it is now time to, finally, reveal the full page for them that´s been created within the BB Bootleg area on the Beastformers Blog;

Animals Robot Master

A lot of information and history in regards to this line can be found there because since that first confrontation with these Beasts back in 2014 I´ve kept searching for more info in order to get also these Bootleg Beasts documented in a correct way. Thanks to various connections within Indonesia that´ve been built over time a completely blank page has slowly been filled with interesting finds and facts about the Animals Robot Master line from Indonesia.

For those who don´t like reading beware because it´s quite a long read but it´s hopefully interesting enough to continue reading.

Part of this page is a unique little story about how an Indonesian connection had access to an old storage space where a box of these Bootlegs figures was found a great experience we´d probably all dream off... (Including some unique pics!)

It took a little but as you know I´m always keeping my word so it´s available for all BB fans, collectors and others who might be interested to read about the Battle Beasts of Indonesia.

Enjoy the Beasts!

Edited by Beastformers, 05 July 2017 - 05:49 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

30 years and the Battle Beast family tree just keeps getting bigger and bigger every year.

Thanks for all the hard work

#3 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Excellent article.

#4 warweasel64

warweasel64

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

That was a great read. Thanks for all the hard work!!!

#5 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:13 PM

Hi I managed to get a bag of the third run of these and took photos.  I don't know if this is all of the sculpts but this is all that was in the bag.  The sculpts look like they are modified or based on other keshi type sculpts, though the Flamingo copy is an obvious direct copy of the original Battle Beast (if inaccurate!)  I don't recognize the sculpts from looking through various sites like littleweirdos but maybe more experienced collectors will recognize them.

Whatever plastic they used is sticky gross now so these immediately went into individual baggies until such time as I can wash them and have a display case set up.

Attached Files

Edited by Tars Tarkas, 30 March 2020 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:16 PM

Adding the rest in a separate post

Attached Files

Posted Image

#7 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:07 AM

very cool

Posted Image

#8 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:39 AM

Hi I managed to get a bag of the third run of these and took photos.  I don't know if this is all of the sculpts but this is all that was in the bag.  The sculpts look like they are modified or based on other keshi type sculpts, though the Flamingo copy is an obvious direct copy of the original Battle Beast (if inaccurate!)  I don't recognize the sculpts from looking through various sites like littleweirdos but maybe more experienced collectors will recognize them.

Nice, although I wouldn´t determine them as the 3rd run because it´s a bit of an oddball composition of the content. Big chance they outdid the mold used initially and still have ton of packaging left so they just made whatever they had left or were able to do in order to get the bag packaging filled. It´s hard to tell the origin of the figures and if some have been made from the adjusted/fixed molds they´d used for the Beasts initially like the Flamingo it´s obvious the mold went through a hard time because it´s hard to even tell which Beast it is, apart from the Flamingo, if you look at some you might see parts of the Giraffe in it but with a twisted neck and one also has similarities to the Sabretooth but that´s not part of the runs they did so not sure where it comes from. The other figs are probably Knock Offs from other toy lines as well.

Cool to see the pics like these though because since I only had one sealed package for the article I decided to leave it sealed.

Thank for sharing!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#9 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:11 PM

Awesome find! Thanks for the pics!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootleg Battle Beasts, Indonesia, Animals Robot Master, Beastformers Blog

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com