73 replies to this topic

#1 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hey, collectors, Matthew Fitz and I have put together a spanking new online Toy Archive, this one dedicated solely to the Super Deformed Battle Beasts!

I love collecting the little guys and love creating online toy archives (this is my third to date).

Matthew loves collecting the guys as well, but was especially interested in compiling and sharing all the information about the Super Deformed figures in one place. All the information about the figures (and I mean all of it) on the site was gathered and written by Matthew. He also provided numerous ideas and suggestions for the layout of the site and for many of its features -- and those to come in the future. And, he also provided a number of pictures of his own collection!

We also want to give special thanks to White Leo for his awesome translations of the packaging! He did an awesome job of it, and was very cool about sharing the information gleaned from the translations!

A special thanks also goes out to CCVegita for tons of images, especially all the sweet close-up pics of the SD weapons!

As always, a special thanks goes out to Jkaris: Without Jkaris and his forum(s) I would have never known about BBSDs! Also, Jkaris has given us permission to use images from the Battle Beast Online Price Guide. (And it's not our intention to supplant the price guide, but we really wanted to place all the SD info in one place.)

So, without further ado, Soupie's and Fitz', Battle Beast Super Deformed Archive! We hope you enjoy!

If you have any images or knowledge to share, or notice any mistakes, please either PM me or Matthew! Thanks!

Edited by Soupie, 02 March 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

#2 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

Very well done! AWSOME! Soups, and Matt! You guys did an outstanding job!!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#3 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

Again.....nice work guys! Ill get you the backside scans of those pictures soon. :D Hopefully some better pictures too. :M:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

Once again, AWESOME job guys!

#5 yaggi482

yaggi482

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 460 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

Looks great guys....I wish I had some SDs :M: .....oh well I'm happy with the meiji cards I have so far :D

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

Cool Beans Guys! Looks great. I had figured you were planning on working on an SD Beasts site.

Posted Image

#7 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:19 AM

excellent job you did guys !! i hope more photos will complete this archive !!!

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#8 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

hey Soups, I see both the front and back box translations done by WhiteLeo are up now (they may have been up for ages and I just didn't notice!). Thanks again for those Steve :lol:

Did anyone ever find SDs in a smaller size??

Posted Image

#9 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

I havent noticed any......ask Barry (lhssenior) cause he had ALOT of duplicates. :lol:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#10 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

Made several updates.

(1) New figures and weapons
(2) Large images of several sculpts (click on character name to link to the larger images)

BBSD collectors, please scan the archive and see if you have any figures not pictured. If possible, please send me high res images! (PM me for me email addy.)

Thanks!

Edited by Soupie, 21 May 2007 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image

#11 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:02 PM

Anyone ever notice that there was a story being told on the inside of the boxes for the SDs? I was looking at some I just got in the mail from Japan and there are different pictures and words on the inside of each box. Ill get them to Steve to translate and Soupie will probably post them on the SD Archive. There are also what look like character bios too. Each box has a different 2 bios on the inside as well. And on the opposite side of that, the outside of the box is different. One has a map, one had the weapons colored, and one has a colored picture of all the beasts.

Big thanks to Dabbuu for letting me scan these to share with everyone! :shok:

**Edit** Added the pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Missing #3
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CCVegita, 29 June 2007 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:12 AM

Updated a few things:

~ Added 3 additional sculpts, including front and back closeup pics (still need an image of Big Horn Sheep, Crusty Crab, and Zealot Zebra.)
~ Added the awesome Meiji box art seen above

Thanks CCVegita and Dabbuu! (CCVegita, I still have all those Meiji card back images, and I'm slowly working on pulling the SD drawings off of them. Thanks for them too!)

:(
Posted Image

#13 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:57 AM

Did anyone here buy out the two lots on YJP last week? There was a bunch with weapons plus lots of box cutouts and the seller ended it early. I had the crescent bid & there was also a donkybid but it ended a day early

http://page4.auction...ction/d78355570

http://page.auctions...ction/107677127
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#14 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

:(

Ill have a ton of new pictures for you Soupie when I actually sit down and take some pictures for you. I have almost 2 for each sculpt and about 5 I have all 3 complete. Ill shoot you an email when I get them all taken. I also have a new Meiji Card for you too.
Posted Image

#15 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:11 AM

Woohoo! Major update to the archive thanks to CCVegita and his amazing and rare collection of BBSDs!

It's like I told Arforbes and all his help with the MUSCLE archive: (1) You're helping the community at large, and (2) it's one helluva way to display your collection!

Thanks!

(More weapon and Meiji card images to follow -- also thanks to CCVegita!)
Posted Image

#16 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

Hello,
I am new to this forum.
But the first thing I checked out here looks really cool, B)
great website on superdeformed battle beasts! ;)
Hope you find all the images you need to become complete!
I'll sure be surfin' back!

PS Any indication to how much these would sell for?
Haven't seen any for sale at all yet on eBay.

Well, greetings to all, newbie DK77.
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#17 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

Thanks, Donkeykid77.

If you're looking for BBSDs, this forum is a great place to be. Collectors here sell them from time to time, usually at $25-30 a piece. However, your best bet is to check Yahoo! Japan, they show up there much more frequently. (There's a thread here somewhere that shows you how to buy stuff from Yahoo! Japan.)

;)
Posted Image

#18 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

Another big update to the archive, and thanks once again to CCVegita, who is to BBSDs what Arforbes is to MUSCLE! :angry:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

Sweet! I have been waiting for you to add pics! By the way, did I ever email you the Meiji Carp card? You dont have it posted up there. LMK if you need it. Also I SHOULD have some new Meiji cards for you......but we shall see what happens. :lol:
Posted Image

#20 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

Sweet! I have been waiting for you to add pics! By the way, did I ever email you the Meiji Carp card? You dont have it posted up there. LMK if you need it. Also I SHOULD have some new Meiji cards for you......but we shall see what happens. :lol:

Yeah, I've been mostly working on Toypedia. Anyhow, I don't have the Carp; I believe the last card I got from you was Sabretooth Tiger. Go ahead and send me the pics, and I'll get it added asap.

Thanks again for all your help!

:)
Posted Image

#21 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

Thanks to Shadow Bat and CCVegita, I was able to add 3 more Meiji Gold Cards to the archive! Meiji Gold Card Archive!

#11 - Web Slinging Spider (CCVegita)

#27 - Roaming Buffalo (CCVegita)

#40 - Stone Cobra (Shadow Bat) :lol:

For most of us, this archive is the closest we'll get to owing these awesome cards. Thanks guys!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Just gotta keep your eyes open.....I have 2 doubles.....
Posted Image

#23 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

Added 6 new figures to the BBSD archive thanks to Roland13!

Koala
Lion
Porcupine
Sheep (Ram)
Spider
Squirrel

Looks like we only need another 6 figures to complete the figure portion of the archive! :mellow:

Thanks Roland13!
Posted Image

#24 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

Are you planning on putting up the other weapon pictures that I sent to you? :mellow:
Posted Image

#25 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

Are you planning on putting up the other weapon pictures that I sent to you? :cheeks:

Yep, I was planning on doing it today but I got sidetracked while I was sidetracked from something else I was doing while procrastinating from something I've been meaning to do.
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com